[Book Spoilers] EP303 Discussion

Ran

I'm pretty sure the rules are still the same in regards to underage nudity in films. The Hole only got a 12A (12 and up) rating in the UK, despite having a topless 15 year old in it.

Sophie is 17 though, and I don't think it's as much of an issue once you're past the age of consent. Quite a few highly regarded films have nude scenes with actresses aged 16/17 (American Beauty and Romeo + Juliet, off the top of my head), so I don't think it's much of an issue in the US either.

I don't know what they plan on doing in regards to scenes with Tyrion and Ramsay, but I think it's safe to say no one's going to jail over it.

I think the problem is international distribution.

For the first season D and D in the commentary for season 1 episode 1, that Isaac Hempstead Wright (Bran) was not in the scene when Jamie and Cersei were ... well you know what. I am not even sure Nikolaj , Lena and Isaac were all in the scene at once... and there was not even any nudity in that scene.

And as I said in the commentary for season 2 Dave and Dan nixed Sophie doing any nudity, even from behind.

So there is something going on B and B - HBO wise about actors under some legal age. In the US it would 18 , I think?

Why did Jorah Mormont say the exact same thing about Rhaegar in this episode as he did back in S1? ("Rhaegar fought honourably... etc.") Did the writers forget that they had already used that line?

Did he? I thought all he said about Rhaegar in S1 is that Rhaegar was the last dragon....

Edited by Jon Icefyre

Why did Jorah Mormont say the exact same thing about Rhaegar in this episode as he did back in S1? ("Rhaegar fought honourably... etc.") Did the writers forget that they had already used that line?

It's a great line (one of my favorites from the book). If they can sneak it in again somewhere down the line that would be great. Maybe they could have Ser Jorah say it in every odd-numbered season.

Are you sure? I was certain he said that in the conversation with Dany right before the wine seller tried to poison her in S1.

He was talking about Aegon the conqueror and whether he had dragons, he didn't bring up Rhaegar. He did say that Rhaegar was the last dragon in Season 1, but that's about it as far as Rhaegar is concerned.

From a purist standpoint I wasn't happy as usual. I continue to wish Theon would just disappear for 2 seasons. The Podrick scenes were IMO a waste of time. Too much sex talk. And I can't picture Stannis behaving the way he did with anyone.

Positives: The last scene was great. Even though I think they should stick to the books whenever they can, I feel they did indeed improve on the source material in that last scene.

Don't they touch on the games the bastard played with Theon in ADWD? Letting him escape, capturing him, etc.? Theon is one of the best POV's in ADWD so I think it's awesome we're getting a screenwriters adaptation of things that we only read about in past tense in that book.

Reek, Reek. rhymes with Theon and Bolton Bastard on HBO every week!!!

Don't they touch on the games the bastard played with Theon in ADWD? Letting him escape, capturing him, etc.? Theon is one of the best POV's in ADWD so I think it's awesome we're getting a screenwriters adaptation of things that we only read about in past tense in that book.

Yes he did 'let' him escape but Theon knew who Ramsay was, he was running away from him, that made the chase as 'fun' as it was.

• 4 weeks later...