[No Spoilers] EP303 Discussion

Ran

Non-spoiler discussion of the show goes here, for those who've not read the books or those who have but are happy to not actually reference them at all in discussion, taking each episode as it comes.

This topic should open automatically when the show begins airing.

The scene with Catelyn and Blackfish was very meaningful, where he says that even though there's a war going on where they are, there are parts of the world where nothing whatsoever is happening. To me, that scene speaks to the bizarre randomness of wars.

It reminded me of when my uncle came home from serving in Vietnam. I was very young but I remember him telling my mother that when he was there, he listened every waking moment for whistling sounds. She asked why, and he said it meant "incoming" and it meant take shelter. He said it was such a strange thing to sit in our dining room and not have to listen for anything, to know all of us were perfectly safe and didn't have to think about anything at all except the conversation we were having, while on the other side of the world, for some people there was no safe place.

This show has subtext that sneaks up on a person, small moments that are so startling in their depth.

Well, we haven't had an Oh Sh*t moment in a while, so yeah. I'm still on the second book so that was a major surprise with Jamie. Hopefully it wasn't a dream or something dumb like that.

I hated not seeing Ser Davos,but i'm sure he will be back soon.

Podrick must be packing some heat lol.

Also the Tully armor is pretty sweet, that's what the Night's Watch should have wore.

Also loved the bickering between Brienne and Jaime about his swordsmanship - she's telling him basically "You're not all that..." and he's making up excuses about how it's been a year.

Poor Jaime, he's short-handed now.

Sorry.

^ Not sure how fish scales would protect you from the bitter cold lol. Everything about the Riverrun scenes was awesome, including the armor. I really liked how when Blackfish grabbed the bow he glanced up at the Tully flag right before he fired. Really nice touch.

Ha, but for hollywood's sake it would have been cool.

Also loved the bickering between Brienne and Jaime about his swordsmanship - she's telling him basically "You're not all that..." and he's making up excuses about how it's been a year.

Poor Jaime, he's short-handed now.

Sorry.

Yeah just when Jamie grows a heart he loses a hand lol.

The Jaime hand decapitation was a great way to end the episode. Nice guys the Bolton men, :)

The Blackfish funeral scene was awesome. I am liking the Blackfish.

I liked Dany tonight too, with Barristan and Jorah, and the lines about Rhaegar dying.

Edited by DragonsHungry

hey there

I just finished watching episode 3 just now and right at the end when Jamie was about to lose the hand they played some kind of dropkick murphy version of the bear and the maiden fair. I was pretty stunned.

I should point out I was streaming it but still

anyone else get this? what in 7 hell's is going on?

hey there

I just finished watching episode 3 just now and right at the end when Jamie was about to lose the hand they played some kind of dropkick murphy version of the bear and the maiden fair. I was pretty stunned.

It wasn't a fluke, gods be damned.

It wasn't a fluke, gods be damned.

hey there

You had a bad copy. The music didn't start until the credits started to roll. So you missed some dialogue.

hey there

https://www.youtube....h?v=S7XUz6Xnzlg in case u didnt watch it till now

last scene will start at around 2:00

Edited by Great White Walker

Loved it when Tyrion walked into the council as everyone wanted to be closer to Tywin on the table and just took his chair to the opposite end , screeching like chalk !! Just Bog'n loved it :P

I liked what Cersei did with her chair and the looks she gave, that really setup Tyrion's chair move well. I loved the "Game of Chairs".