Mirri Maz Duur`s words and possible solution to Dany`s fertility problems

Mladen

I was thinking about this and there's an other thing that bothers me (not only in MMD's words, but in general). It is the problem of the litteral / metaphorical interpretation of a sentence. If Mirri was making an accidental prophecy, and all the other parts are comming true in a symbolic way, then maybe the part "When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child" could also be interpreted as a metaphor and it has been true with the dragons or the "Mysha" immage.

On the other hand, it's kind of intriguing that -one way or an other- the different parts of MMD's statement are converging while Daenerys is wandering in the Dothraki sea (the following observations are not mine):

When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east > Quentyn died after she left Meereen and while she was there

When the seas go dry > the grass in the Dothraki "sea" is yellow, drying

and mountains blow in the wind like leaves > ?

When your womb quickens again > it is the first time she notices that something is happening in her body

and you bear a living child > this one failed.

Because of this pattern, if there's any kind of prophesy in MMd's words, it doesn't fit to relate the mountains to Gregor Clegane.

I was thinking about this and there's an other thing that bothers me (not only in MMD's words, but in general). It is the problem of the litteral / metaphorical interpretation of a sentence. If Mirri was making an accidental prophecy, and all the other parts are comming true in a symbolic way, then maybe the part "When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child" could also be interpreted as a metaphor and it has been true with the dragons or the "Mysha" immage.

On the other hand, it's kind of intriguing that -one way or an other- the different parts of MMD's statement are converging while Daenerys is wandering in the Dothraki sea (the following observations are not mine):

When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east > Quentyn died after she left Meereen and while she was there

When your womb quickens again > it is the first time she notices that something is happening in her body

Because of this pattern, if there's any kind of prophesy in MMd's words, it doesn't fit to relate the mountains to Gregor Clegane.

The mountains could also be the pyramids in Meeren after the dragons have partly destroyed them.

And she could have also had a miscarriage in the last chapter.

Well, in time frame, it`s Quentyn`s death, Daenerys`s flight on Drogo and entering Dothraki sea and then her miscarriage. So `mountains` would have to go in that time frame too. I would go with either Gregor or Meeren`s pyramids.

And, ShadowCat Rivers, I am glad you`re interested in. I appreciate your insight

Well, in time frame, it`s Quentyn`s death, Daenerys`s flight on Drogo and entering Dothraki sea and then her miscarriage. So `mountains` would have to go in that time frame too. I would go with either Gregor or Meeren`s pyramids.

Somehow I feel that it should be related to her and her departure. Gregor is so far away and not a part of her story. The pyramids are quite a stretch, it seems to me like a forced interpretation. If it's going to happen, I think it must be something we haven't seen yet.

And, ShadowCat Rivers, I am glad you`re interested in. I appreciate your insight

Thanks!

This has actually been covered on a few threads, with slightly different topics. I wrote one along with a nother poster about the bloody flux. Some people believe it's Rheago that will return, though it's pretty clear he is dead and others discussed her womb.

I think Mirri was being a cruel when she said it and people can say it was a prophecy, and look for things that look like a prophecy. But it really isn't a prophecy. Now will Dany ever have a another child. I think one of the reasons she said what she said was not just to tell her Drogo is never coming back, which he isn't, but she tells her right there, your not having kids again. Although she could be wrong, she may have seen Dany get damaged during the delivery and makes the assumption, but if Magic is what damaged her, from being in that tent, then maybe magic can heal her.

It would be really tragic if she can't have kids. I mean if you believe Aegon is fake, it makes her the last Dragon and the Targs are all but dead. Jon aside as well, until something changes with his oath. No way do I see Jon having kids and not being Married.

At best 3 Targs are currently alive, chances are ones a fake, one feels Duty bound and despite some fans belief has shown no signs of wanting to permanantly leave the watch, and the other can't have kids. That's currently where it stands. Also you need to believe R+L=J. Things are not looking bright right now for the Targs.

I would look to see if the Red Priests can heal Dany. I am pretty sure her next big road trip, ocean, is going to be Valyria which is directly south of where she is at, and she can reach it on Drogon, Asshai, and then she is going to make Landfall at Lannisport, "to go west you must go east."

• 2 weeks later...

MLaden,

I don't think the words mean too much either. I think it was MMD's way of telling Dany 'Drogo aint coming back.' I think that we give MMD too much credit, she wasn't very good at anything she tried to do. She tried to heal Drogo's wound and failed, she told Dany she could save Drogo and took 2 blood sacrifices while trying to do so (the stallion and Rhaego) but still couldn't do anything more than turn Drogo into a live vegetable. We have seen Thoros bring people back with a personality and able to walk and talk and with no sacrifices at all. I think MMD is a novice in her arts and is given way too much credibility. So therefore I don't put much faith into anything she said to Dany either. When Dany meets her, she is already tainted with hatred of Dothraki and life in general (granted she had a very rough time of it before Dany tried to save her). So it is hard to take anything she says seriously because she failed to deliver on all her promises thus far.

I think that MMD's word was like salt at Dany's wounds. She wouldn't have any children again, because of the blood magic, because Dany as *dragons mother* sacrificed the possibility of real children but MMD tried to make it worse.

She tried to heal Drogo's wound and failed

are we sure that she was trying to help him?

I think that MMD's word was like salt at Dany's wounds. She wouldn't have any children again, because of the blood magic, because Dany as *dragons mother* sacrificed the possibility of real children but MMD tried to make it worse.

are we sure that she was trying to help him?

No definitely not. She could have been just letting the wound fester and letting him die. But if this is true, then she is a tricksy liar and therefore looses credibility, so how can we believe anything she says? Especially a prophecy about Dany, MMD hates Dany, so why would she tell her anything useful or helpful in any way?

She is either a false healer who could not cure Drogo's wound, nor bring him back to life successfully. Or she is a flat out liar who had ill intentions the whole time, IMO she is not a reliable source.

I think that whole MMD words are about tge chances of drogo becoming back and not about dany's fertility, but dany beliefs her, She is infertile because Dany Believes she's infertile, doesn't get a second opinion, forgets the last time she had her periods, sleeps with an asshole cause there is no chance of pregnancy, she took the words of a woman who hated her as law.

I think that whole MMD words are about tge chances of drogo becoming back and not about dany's fertility, but dany beliefs her, She is infertile because Dany Believes she's infertile, doesn't get a second opinion, forgets the last time she had her periods, sleeps with an asshole cause there is no chance of pregnancy, she took the words of a woman who hated her as law.

Yes she did, and IMO it was a big mistake to listen to her at all. Also a big mistake to save her in the first place. Dany should have just kept on walking....

MLaden,

I don't think the words mean too much either. I think it was MMD's way of telling Dany 'Drogo aint coming back.' I think that we give MMD too much credit, she wasn't very good at anything she tried to do. She tried to heal Drogo's wound and failed, she told Dany she could save Drogo and took 2 blood sacrifices while trying to do so (the stallion and Rhaego) but still couldn't do anything more than turn Drogo into a live vegetable. We have seen Thoros bring people back with a personality and able to walk and talk and with no sacrifices at all. I think MMD is a novice in her arts and is given way too much credibility. So therefore I don't put much faith into anything she said to Dany either.

Thoros could heal people after birth of dragons, remember? Not before. All Red priests` magic was enhanced after dragons reappered again. As for words, I think there is something in them, maybe not prophetic, but definitely something important.

Thoros could heal people after birth of dragons, remember? Not before. All Red priests` magic was enhanced after dragons reappered again. As for words, I think there is something in them, maybe not prophetic, but definitely something important.

Oh no, I didn't remember that, did we ever see him try before the dragons? Or did he just mention it in one of the BWB chapters?

So glad 'my content' is working again. i couldn't remember any of the thread names.

If her words do mean something important I don't think it was anything straight forward, MMD hated Dany and screwed her over twice either on purpose or because she wasn't skilled.

Dany is mistaken to listen to her words and take them as fact.

Oh no, I didn't remember that, did we ever see him try before the dragons? Or did he just mention it in one of the BWB chapters?

So glad 'my content' is working again. i couldn't remember any of the thread names.

If her words do mean something important I don't think it was anything straight forward, MMD hated Dany and screwed her over twice either on purpose or because she wasn't skilled.

Dany is mistaken to listen to her words and take them as fact.

Yes, he mentioned that in his BWB chapters, when he talked to Beric, or Arya. Red priests couldn`t preform magic as they can now with dragons living.

I was just playing with word game surrounding Quentyn - when sun rises in the west and sets in the east. It was just a great parallel. And I think, MMD had done that on purpose. She gave her `life` for `life` Dany spared.

Yes, he mentioned that in his BWB chapters, when he talked to Beric, or Arya. Red priests couldn`t preform magic as they can now with dragons living.

I was just playing with word game surrounding Quentyn - when sun rises in the west and sets in the east. It was just a great parallel. And I think, MMD had done that on purpose. She gave her `life` for `life` Dany spared.

I do agree about Quentyn fitting into the prophecy very nicely, I have heard that before. It's definitely a possibility.

She is either a false healer who could not cure Drogo's wound, nor bring him back to life successfully. Or she is a flat out liar who had ill intentions the whole time, IMO she is not a reliable source.

or C. she wanted revenge so she killed Rhaego and comatosed Drogo. I believe that it was c.

I would like to point out that Mirri said Drogo'd come back "when your womb bears a living child." Implying to me that Dany can probably CONCEIVE a baby just fine, but she'll never bear one to term. She might be in for a string of miscarriages for her whole life.

Archived