Mirri Maz Duur`s words and possible solution to Dany`s fertility problems

Mladen

If she told Dany something and then did something else, then she is a liar. She can also be avenging herself, but she technically lied to Dany if she let Drogo fester on purpose.

so if she said "I want to kill him" would she had any chance to do it? No. So she lied her way to do it. So not a liar.

so if she said "I want to kill him" would she had any chance to do it? No. So she lied her way to do it. So not a liar.

That makes absolutely zero sense. IF you lie in any way, then you are a liar. that's the definition of a liar, someone who tells lies. She lied once and tricked Dany the 2nd time. She is not credible in the realm of this story.

Whilst I can understand ( if not condone) vengeance on those that perpetrated a crime on you, your family or loved ones, I cannot condone the killing of others by pure association with the perpetrator.

Yes, Mirri was as were her friends and family seriously hurt by the Dothoraki, and yes Daenarys is married and more importantly dedicated to their chief, yet she was unaware of their ways and once she discovered it, set about to change it.

If Mirri had real humanity and foresight, she would have recognised that and instead of being vengeful ought to have helped Daenarys.

She quite obviously was not as insightful as Daenarys believes her to be.

PS: Mirri said that Daenarys womb would not quicken again, but looking at Daenarys' last chapter it would appear that it had, thus implying in my opinion that Mirri's supposed predictions were merely vicious talk.

That makes absolutely zero sense. IF you lie in any way, then you are a liar. that's the definition of a liar, someone who tells lies. She lied once and tricked Dany the 2nd time. She is not credible in the realm of this story.

so please tell me if she was all honest would she ever got close to Drogo?

so please tell me if she was all honest would she ever got close to Drogo?

I am not speculating on what if scenarios, and I agree she could only get to Drogo by lying. But she is still a liar, if she lied to get what she wanted then she is resourceful and apt, but still a filthy liar.

One can be both an avenger and a liar, no?

But if telling a lie in hopes of exacting revenge absolves one of the former act of lying, then yeah, MMD is not a liar.

I think this is what Jon's Queen Consort is trying to argue.

One can be both an avenger and a liar, no?

But if telling a lie in hopes of exacting revenge absolves one of the former act of lying, then yeah, MMD is not a liar.

I think this is what Jon's Queen Consort is trying to argue.

thank you for getting the point.

Many people have pointed out that MMD's statement, or prophecy, actually pertains to Drogo. But I also took the prophecy to mean that Dany won't bear a living child. She seems to believe that too. Dany is the recipient, I guess, or subject, or potential subject, of a lot of prophecies or warnings and she takes them all to heart. This may be a mistake, for prophecies are not checklists, nor are they objective, nor do they always come to pass (particularly in the way the characters or readers expect). Also (please correct me if I'm wrong) didn't we first hear the phrase "words are wind" in a Dany chapter?

Obviously MMD had an agenda with Dany and I don't know what magic she invoked, or TRIED to invoke - but there is other magic in the world and Dany seems to have her share as well. It doesn't seem to me that MMD completely achieved her objective with Dany. Rhaego may have died and Drogo may have been a vegetable, but it would seem that Dany buying three real dragons with MMD's death was... not exactly what MMD had hoped to accomplish. Because her agenda is suspect, and because things don't exactly seem to work out in the way that MMD might have hoped, I believe the bit of prophecy about Dany bearing a living child is certainly suspect at best, if not completely invalid.

As I briefly touched on before, there are other magics to be considered. Moqorro and Marwyn are both on their way to her. I am interested in how MMD's actions, prophecy, and demise might affect Dany's interactions with Marwyn - I can't recall at the moment if it is theory or fact that Marwyn taught MMD. If it is true, that would be an interesting dynamic. And certainly the red priests have power, though I could not say whether it is a god or a demon that they serve and from whom they derive their power.

This is certainly 100 percent conjecture. It's entirely possible that Dany is meant to save the realm (with fire and blood, lol) and die a great hero, and be the subject of songs, rather than re-establish the Targaryen dynasty and provide heirs to ensure its continuity. (Insert any number of alternate theoretical endings here)

Archived