[book spoilers]What your non-reader friends thought and their predictions.

WinterKing

I wonder what non-readers think of Jaime losing his hand. Do they think he deserves it, or did his defense of Brienne make him finally seem admirable?

My own friend liked Jamie a bit more after his helping of Brienne though the hand chop floored him. His expression with that awesome cover of the bear was priceless.

My husband was like "oh shit" when he saw the chopping block and had a feeling they were going to chop his hand off. I hadn't spoiled him about that. He doesn't know Boy is a Bolton yet, but didn't think Theon was truly being set free, but being sent to another enemy.

Hahaha. They're pissed about Dany selling a dragon, gaped at Jaime's sudden, unexpected loss, and are already in love with Iwan Rheon's character. It's gonna be a good season y'all

overall everyone except one of my friends is confused about many parts of the showw haha i recommneded that they wait till all the episodes are out and they watch in in one go so the story will flow better but they dont want too just because they love the show too much and can barely wait a week to watch an episode lol

boyfriend bored to tears...almost fell asleep on several occasions...was very, very confused about ramsay. i tried to explain it and he still didn't really get it, lol. he never remembers roose. they seem to be doing a great job at making him memorable for the RW.

he made an interesting observation about dany. "she understood what that dude said the whole time, she answered that girl in that language at the end. so she's going to give away the dragon, but it's going to destroy absolutely everything and then fly back to her."

All three of my nonbook reading room mates were pretty much ABOUT TIME and SERVES HIM RIGHT over Jaime's hand.

It's just like, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I really hate how the show turned Jaime into a total villain(berating and patronizing even people like Jon Snow for no reason) and being psychopathic(murdering his own cousin in cold blood, and by surprise) - even though Jaime is actually one of the most likeable characters in the books and is PROBABLY going to be a major hero by the end. (That, or go all murder-suicide with Cersei. But I hope GRRM doesn't go this route, it'd be way too obvious)

Also, they think Edmure is retarded. Maybe i'm the only one, but I never felt Edmure was THAT inept in the books. I mean, yes he messes up a few times... I don't know. Maybe I just need to reread those ACoK and ASoS Catelyn-in-Riverrun chapters.

Archived