[book spoilers]What your non-reader friends thought and their predictions.

WinterKing

My friend at work keeps calling Robb, Paul. Don't know why.

He's finidng this season very exciting, which is good since it's pretty complicated. After Jamie losing his hand, he said he can't imagine anything crazier happening! I said wait. :D

Yesterday I was talking with some non-reader friends about Locke action (shopping Jaime's hand) and it was very interesting (and I had to really control myself to avoid spoilers to them) to see that most of them see him a very loyal to the Boltons and to Robb and that Robb will be even pleased with the punishment that Locke used. So, they have no idea what will come.

Still regarding the Boltons, they have no idea who the "boy" is, so they think that he is really helping Theon and two asked why the Bolton bastard didn't arrive yet to get Theon and punish him, so I get the feeling that lots of shocking scenes will come to my friends!

When Jamie lost his hand my boyfriend turned to me with "WHAT!", shortly followed with "but how is he supposed to have an awesome battle with the old guy from the kingsguard now (Barristan)?". He seems to have forgotten about Jamie and Briennes fight :(. Also he missed Dany's understaning of the slave trader :bang: Really he's a smart guy. He's doing a PhD in neuroscience! But he needs to read the books already because he misses everything important and i'm scared to answer his questions and spoil it.

He too thinks Theon is going to be rescued but is not happy about it, apparently more toe crushing is good :shocked: . I had to go over the tullys and filled in a little extra info from the books about blackfish.

Best of all he wants tyrion to be happy and get married...well i can't wait to see his face when that happens. Also can't wait to see Robb on the iron throne as he's "gonna be such a good king like ned would have been". :laugh:

I was surprised they cut Vargo Hoat's character and was wondering how people would perceive the motivation for cutting off Jaimie's hand.

My roommate's take on it: "He just couldn't keep his mouth shut."

I'd say that was pretty effective. Definitely captures that aspect of Jaimie's character. Locke in the meanwhile, clearly doesn't anticipate that the Boltons are switching sides and will get his comeuppance later on.

I was surprised they cut Vargo Hoat's character and was wondering how people would perceive the motivation for cutting off Jaimie's hand.

My roommate's take on it: "He just couldn't keep his mouth shut."

I'd say that was pretty effective. Definitely captures that aspect of Jaimie's character. Locke in the meanwhile, clearly doesn't anticipate that the Boltons are switching sides and will get his comeuppance later on.

Yeh, this is why I think Locke was a better choice than to have Vargo.

My husband was shocked that Jaime saved Brienne, he was like "But he's evil and he hated her".

He still felt bad for Jaime's hand, but he is a genuinely good person who doesn't wish torture upon anyone. That's probably why he alo seemed to feel sorry for Littlefinger having to marry Lysa.

As for the dragon, he said (about Kraznys) "That dude is stupid, the dragon is totally going to fry and eat him". He also guessed, when Dany asked to have Missandei, that Dany actually knows Valyrian. I sure hope the showrunners will let him know that he was right, becouse they didn't have Dany speak Valyrian to Missandei and that sukced.

He suspects that "Boy" is the bastard of Bolton (based on the "You little bastard" line), but he is not sure and very cofused.

My friend and my brother are convinced that by the end of the season, Robb will be on the Iron Throne.

Oh, bless 'em, they're in for a shock.

They also think Sandor will reunite Arya and Sansa, that Bran will somehow join the Night's Watch and that Jaime and Brienne will end up as BFFs. Not too far off with that one.

A non-reader I saw interpreted the scene with Pod, where he was reluctant to speak of what had happened at the brothel, to mean that he had been unable to have sex, and thus a eunuch. The conclusion to this was that Pod and Varys were working together.

A non-reader I saw interpreted the scene with Pod, where he was reluctant to speak of what had happened at the brothel, to mean that he had been unable to have sex, and thus a eunuch. The conclusion to this was that Pod and Varys were working together.

LOL.

i love it

I'm surprised non book readers aren't picking up on the similarities between the Bolton banners and the rack they got Theon on.

This! Very much this!! I can't believe it either especially with all the close ups lately and good looks of the Bolton Banner. Last season, I can see where maybe you didn't even know what it was since I think it was just on his chest which was at times hard to make out in certain scenes.

My wife and my friend and his wife have been watching them with us and my wife looked at me a little sad and full of disbelief softly said, "They cut off his hand?! I don't even like him but I can't believe they did that!" Friend and wife were shocked too, they thought Locke was going to cut out an eye.

They all know something is up with "Boy", but I'm not telling...lol I just said he becomes an important character real soon.

Change spark for STARK and there! it's Ned people are missing. Some non book readers - like my Mom- aren't over the fact Ned was beheaded!

My wife still hates watching that episode! She can't wait to see Joff die, she says everytime we rewatch the series lol.

Hehe, my father had to put up with me for years before the show so he has a rough outline of it. Plus, he'll ask spoilers. If they'll likely happen next season ofrafter, he's like "GIMME!" but if it's the next few episodes he tells me not to. My stepmother has actually read the books but she's the type who speed-reads and thus misses stuff.

My father was like "WTF?! I totally forgot you said Jaime loses his hand. He deserved it but that was a shocking ending." My stepmother ALSO forgot right up until the guy had the knife hovering over his wrist. I asked her how she likes Ramsay and she goes "Huh? Who was he?" I start to open my mouth and my dad goes "No spoilers! She'll cut your hand off!" She is very anti-spoiler--she hadn't read the books before Season 1 so she was caught completely off-guard by Ned's death, and thought it was the most brilliant move ever. I remember her going "The FUCK?! REAL LIFE had to happen?!"

I also have a friend who used to be unsullied...but then he had a convo with a book reader friend (not me! I like my test subjects pure!) and got R+L=J and a few other bits. He asked about Ramsay, so I said Ramsay (not mentioning the Boy) was going to make Joff look like a grumpy Care Bear. He replies, "Oh, I heard that Joff's a completely stupid sociopath, whereas Ramsay's a psychopath who actually knows what he's doing." I considered a moment before saying, "Eh, they both have similar horrid impulse control, but Ramsay's older and gets as much out of the journey as the destination."

I was talking to a book reader who thought that they were ruining Theons storyline by having "That guy" help him get back to his sister.

I had to explain That guy is Ramsay toying with him...

A book reader didn't understand that "Boy" was Ramsay? What? Not to judge them but it's fairly obvious if you've really paid attention to anything said about Ramsay in the books and Theon's ADWD chapters..

This is my first post (and sorry for any mistake – English is not my first language).

I could not resist sharing with you my non-book-reader husband’s take on GoT.

Before season 3, I suggested a game. I read him a list of some 40-50 character names (with many that I had to help him remember who they were), and told him that 7 of these die in book 3 (hence seasons 3 and 4 of the TV series). Here are his answers, in the order he gave them to me :

• Catelyn
  • Robb
  • Shae (Tyrion has told her so many times that she needed to be careful, that her death must surely follow)
  • Brienne
  • Margery’s brother (he can never remember the name and calls Margery Ann Boylen from the Tudors)
  • Theon (he says that Theon is already dead but doesn’t know it – he is kind of trapped in a nightmare)
  • Jeor Mormont

I cannot wait for him to see which ones really do die!

Archived