[book spoilers]What your non-reader friends thought and their predictions.

WinterKing

I laughed so hard at some of these! It made my morning!

My boyfriend and his friends.. I had to explain the the who was who in the Tully family. They have no idea who Boy is, they're just going along with the fact that he is sent by Yara to get Theon. They think Stark bannerman are torturing Theon.

They can't believe Dany is selling a dragon. One even said that she won't.

They're all YEAH about Jaime's hand, when I'm all NO! I told them they just have to keep watching to find out why that was my reaction. But like another poster said, I'm glad Jaime got his hand chopped off, it starts his path to redemption.

They don't trust the Tyrells and think it's a mistake Sansa said anything to them. I love non bookie theories!

I asked my friend whether he still think Theon deserves it, and this is his response:

"Theon deserves to die a horrible death that lasts days if not years"

At this point I just told him to read the books. I wonder whether he'll still feel the same way after reading ADWD.

I guess people care a lot more about the Starks (especially Robb) than I ever did

My friend thinks...

Dany will get Drogon back once her dragons are bigger.

Jaime didn't deserve to lose the hand.

Melisandre's acting is all kinds of weird this season.

The guy helping Theon is "awesome" and "I really like him" and "can't wait to see more of his badass archery."

As i mentioned in 2 other threads, one of my friends who isnt a book-reader thought that Iwan Rheon is a bastard of Ned Stark and that he's going to play a major role in the story in helping Robb win the war.

OH MY GOD IS YOUR FRIEND IN FOR A SURPRISE.

I can't help but encourage it, and I'm really looking forward to seeing their reactions to Ramsay showing his true colors. Especially the ones mooning over Rheon. I'm resisting the urge to snicker like the dog from Duck Hunt every time they mention it.

Hahaha. It's like non-readers are our Reeks, just judging from all of us eagerly awaiting them seeing stuff like Rams + the RW.

Same! I'm having a little giggle every time I see a ''aww he's cute'' ''he's a north man! gonna help theon find robb!''

I'm like ''TEE HEE HEE HEE''

Hahahahahha. They have no idea what is coming, the true depravity and horror of "Boy". I like we are getting to see the cat and mouse game.

In many ways this will all converge and make a certain wedding all the more sweeter,

The Boltons will become the most hated house in AGoT hands down, they will be way more hated than the Lannisters.

They thought Ned Stark was treated badly, then they haven't seen anything yet.

My brother was very angry over Jaime's hand being cut off and was convinced that the Locke would betray the North and deliver Jaime home. He does seem to understand Jaime is in line for redemption arc, though, but still, doesn't want Jaime to be useless at swords.

Edmure:

"Why is that guy missing his arrows on purpose?"

Danny:

"She's setting him up with the dragon"

and

"Why did she ask that girl?"

I couldn't resist pointing out that the Ironborn are supposed to be west, not east, though.

Wife found it an improvement over the last couple episodes, but still a bit slow, event-wise. Can't really blame her, not much happens at the beginning of book 3, especially compared to the previous books, and there was a lot of catching up to do.

She thinks Boy is a Stark servent in hide, kidnapping Theon to deliver him to Robb; liked Pod's scene with the hookers, but found the later exchange with Bronn and Tyrion silly; predicted something will go wrong in Craster's keep, but seemed otherwise clueless about Dany's plan; and quite liked Jaime's hand scene, not out of hatred for the character, but for the unexpectedness of it.

Archived