[BOOK SPOILERS] Pod and whores

teemo

Just re-watched some Rome.....tons of nudity and brothels, but men have sex with their clothes off and there are plenty of nude men. No ridiculously pointless drawn out nude women scenes that serve no purpose. That's how do you do tasteful nudity. GoT nudity is more similar to the style of True Blood.

Hey now, True Blood has some quality man-flesh. Eric and Alfie.

Just re-watched some Rome.....tons of nudity and brothels, but men have sex with their clothes off and there are plenty of nude men. No ridiculously pointless drawn out nude women scenes that serve no purpose. That's how do you do tasteful nudity. GoT nudity is more similar to the style of True Blood.

Isn't True Blood mostly for chicks and gay dudes though? That's what my girlfriend tells me, anyway.

Mileage varies? Given the fact that Joffrey having demanded that at his wedding (and Tyrion's refusal because of his pride) was a major cause for the public encounter that helped lead to Tyrion being accused of his nephew's murder,Tyrion actually ending up doing it is kind of a pretty interesting exemplar of how far he has fallen in the world.

I wasn't actually serious, I really had to think about that one. But it was STILL pretty lame. Maybe we'll find that Pod's popularity with the ladies is important to getting him into some situation later too...

And no, we do not see Pod in bed with a bunch of women.

Oh, is that a spoiler, too? Sorry again! Don't know what I'm thinking.

AGH, no, why??

I keep think about that part of the Emmy panel where George was *so proud* that the show didn't turn out to be 'a show for boys'.

It's such a shame as this season they are really doing so well with, Theon, Jaime/Brienne and Dany. Arya and the BWB is also shaping up well.

Isn't True Blood mostly for chicks and gay dudes though? That's what my girlfriend tells me, anyway.

Nah, lots of straight guys watch that drivel. Maybe that's a bad example though, because men get naked in there too...not sure what the nudity comparison is to GoT. It's in a league of its own, I guess...

I think Tru Blood was good to begin with, but from season 3 onwards it has steadily gone down hill. My other half stopped watching season 3 because he got bored with it. To be honest I only watched season 3 and 4 for the attractive men, but that didn't hold enough interest to watch season 5.

Whenever I hear guys talk about it, it's "Sookie's boobs." Whenever I hear women talk about it, it's either Alcide's body or overall Eric. lol. Damn, I know too much about this show...

I'm offended by your objectification of men.

He he he. But that's what they are there for! At least in Tru Blood what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Edit: On a more serious note and back on topic, Tru Blood is fluffy TV. A good series but nothing amazing. AGOT however has the source material to be one of the best Dramas of all time, such as I Claudius. However the Pod and the Whores scene etc are the kind of thing that will turn it in to just another fluffy TV series. I guess scenes like this are wasted potential in my view.

True Blood is stupid as hell and gratuitous beyond belief, but you definitely can't accuse it of not catering to both males and females with its nudity...

BTW: whores never turn down money. That's a really tired cliche and flat out dumb.

Heh. I didn't think of it before but it is a little odd as a joke when you remember the fact that Littlefinger threatened to sell Ros to a man who mutilates women last season just because she was crying too much. You have to wonder how he'd react to his employees turning down money.

Oh, well. It's not really one of those jokes you're supposed to look all that deeply into.

Heh. I didn't think of it before but it is a little odd as a joke when you remember the fact that Littlefinger threatened to sell Ros to a man who mutilates women last season just because she was crying too much. You have to wonder how he'd react to his employees turning down money.

Oh, well. It's not really one of those jokes you're supposed to look all that deeply into.

that's actually a really good point...

BOOM misunderstanding, nothing to see here.

TV doesn't work as a POV medium the way books do.

I actually liked the sex scene between Theon and that ship girl. Theon was objectifying her, but the viewer was also able to get a small glimpse of her personality and desires. She was being treated as an object by Theon but not the show.

This is in direct contrast to a lot of these brothel scenes where the women are objectified by characters and the show.

This is very true...there's a huge difference between characters or "the times" objectifying women vs. the show doing it.

I have no idea as to the applicability. Jon didn't invent anything, he just did something Ygritte had never heard of or experienced before?

I mean, you only have to look at the Kinsey studies to know that it wasn't that long ago that a significant number of men and women in the US had no idea about cunnilingus either. Can't see why it would absolutely be the case that the wildlings would be much more knowledgable about such things.

Or is the male wish fulfillment the idea that a young man and a young woman have sex a lot? Or that Ygritte asserts herself and pursues Jon rather than Jon pursuing her? I don't get it. All of these things have real-world analogs (yes, horny teens do sometimes have lots of sex; yes, sometimes it's the woman who's chasing the guy). I can't imagine there was ever or would ever be a time in the history of the world that not one, not two, but three prostitutes were so impressed with a virgin's performance in bed that they refused to take his money.

This is a really good point. I wonder how much of that money was Littlefinger's?

Archived