Darkstar theories

Dunk tha Lunk

• 4 months later...

Has anyone considered that Darkstar could be the child of Ned Stark and Ashara Dayne? Feasibly, he could have left the child at High Hermitage because he would pass near it on his way back north to Winterfell.

I think this is a huge possibility if you all follow the R+L=J theory. He only went to Starfall after Arthur's death to return the Sword of the Morning to the Daynes of Starfall. Ashara has already given birth to her and Ned's child, and is possibly frail, so she dies from grief after 1) being told that her brother is dead and all the other deaths (she was close to Elia and Rhaegar) 2) being told that she can't be with Ned because he is promised to Catelyn Tully 3) being told that he can't be a father to their child because he promised his dying sister to protect and take care of her son (a Targaryen heir). The honorable Ned would stick to his guns about protecting his sister's child, and possibly wouldn't know about his child with Ashara until arriving in Starfall. The honorable Ned couldn't take TWO bastards home (I mean we saw how Catelyn was about one), and in sequential order, he promised Lyanna first. So after Ashara's death, he leaves the child with her family in High Hermitage.

Also, Darkstar is suspiciously similar to Stark, and the dark streak in his hair could be from his Stark lineage. Also, people could say that age is an issue, but I don't recall his age being explicitly mentioned in the books. However, I do know that Arianne considered him a peer, and we know that she's 22. He could easily be around Robb's age (Hell, people in Westeros seem to be older than they truly are). I know this is reaching. It just randomly came to me.

Edit: "Darkstar" = GRRM telling us "Dayne-Stark" I also don't think that Darkstar would be aware of his true lineage, but I'm not sure why it would be kept from him. This is so crackpot lol

Darkstar is in his mid-20s, the age wouldn't be right (confirmed by Martin's app). There's officially no one important Darkstar can be. I was hoping he was Aegon. The age thing makes him so disappointing as a character.

• 2 months later...

I find the app's age for Darkstar irrelevant in this arguement. Assuming that he is the real Aegon, wouldn't it be smart for him to adopt a false age to accomany his alias 'Gerold Dayne'? Gerold Dayne/Darkstar could just be a fabricated identity that's in his "late twenties". If he is aware that he's the real Aegon and has features of a Dornish-Targ hybrid, it would be a safe precaution to lie about his age to hide his true identity from the haters. Why only lie about his name?

Or maybe he's not Aegon. Maybe Jon is really Ned's bastard and R+L=D. Ned went straight to Starfall after the TOJ so he could've dumped baby Darkstar off there for his future to be determined. But then again, I can't see why the Dayne's would want to raise a child of Rhaegar and Lyanna.

Crackpot for days

• 2 months later...

Yeh why would Ned lie about him dying? Arthur Dayne was best friends with Rhagear and would've died for him, as he eventually did. Darkstar should be much much older than how he is described in he book to be Artjur Dayne

That may explain his silver hair. Is he described as balding?

We dont have to forget the most important of the darkstar theorys. As said by some guy in a different however serius post. "Men call me darkstar. And I'm Tormunds member

• 7 months later...

IICR, this has been debunked already by Ran. He is the son of his legitimate Dayne parents. (Gerold, not Ran).

Thank goodness for that! I thought perhaps I'd dreamt it.

I remember him saying this in a thread I think was on the World Book Subforum. And I was trying to find it in order to show someone the quote. As a way to squash the absurd Darkstar = Insert random crackpot child of someone significant theory here.

I was begining to think I dreamt it!

The idea that Darkstar was a squire at the tower of joy is very compelling. He doesn't need to be a personal squire of Arthur Dayne to the idea work, he could be a squire Hightower chose when he left King's Landing to summom Rhaegar. A squire from Dorne with knowledge of the land around TOJ would be reasonable choice.

Archived