What do people think of Locke? [book spoilers]

Roose is one of those details that non-book readers will pick up on if they rewatch the show. But definitely from a first time glance, Roose is likely to be forgotten.

This. Before he killed Robb, I had never payed much attention to Roose. To me he was just another Northern lord with some weird customs. I even used to mistake him for Robett Glover, forgetting who was who sometimes. I never saw his betrayal coming.

This. Before he killed Robb, I had never payed much attention to Roose. To me he was just another Northern lord with some weird customs. I even used to mistake him for Robett Glover, forgetting who was who sometimes. I never saw his betrayal coming.

i didn't even figure it right away that he killed robb, at first i thought it was some random frey...

Yes, you are overreacting. The books are bloated with information. So much, that you can't really keep up with all the bannermen in the first reading.

So, since the showrunners don't have any duty to write exactly what it says in the books, they streamlined Vargo Hoat into a different character who needs less explanations and allows the viewers to understand the show without having to watch it 2-3 times at least.

Why. WHY is this guy included at the expense of Vargo Hoat - you know, who is actually IN the books. I dunno maybe I am over-reacting but it just seems to me they make so many pointless alterations.

Because the Bloody mummers AND the BWOB is too confusing for people to follow, theres enough characters to confuse already and lots more to come.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Noah Taylor did him well. Creating the whole crazy world of Vargos mixed band of bloody mummers complete with Shagwell and Vargo's zorse just would have taken too much time and expense although I think its a great loss. You'd have to have a whole episode about it.

I think if you watched the show only, you'd just think that in war spite comes out and Locke is just a typical nasty soldier as have been found in many a war. The absolute distinction between Noble and others that would stop him doing that isn't obvious in the show.

I like him. I've never seen the actor in anything before and he was spot on IMO. Frankly, Vargo was laughable, and even w/ his limb chopping I would smile reading about him. He did have some great lines, very true. But you know who has really captured it for me: I especially love "Boy". His looks are fantastic, while he was mocking Theon: Your daddy didn't love you, the Starks didn't appreciate you.... the tone of voice, everything was great.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived