You little Bastard (book spoilers)

Highlight of the episode IMO.

Surely non-book readers are starting to suspect this killing machine now. :devil:

You'd be surprised. My sister for one was going on about "that cute guy who saves Theon." Meanwhile I'm sitting there like "oh God, this is so messed up...just you wait..."

I gotta say I sort of object to there being any sort of cuteness to Ramsay whatsoever. Dude's not meant to be your suave, charming Hannibal-variety psychopath. He's a horrid, sickening beast. Boo to Cute Ramsay. Still liking his scenes, though.

It kinda put me off to see him kill his own men. That seems like a waste. And have you seen next episode promo? it seems he's taking him to Moat Cailin, no? Or Deepwood Motte (which would be strange, since it is on the other side of westeros)? and all without revealing himself? Interesting to see how they going to resolve this

I actually think it may work better if he doesn't look like a beast. Even scarier for show purposes. He can't be too old since Lord Bolton isn't. Besides he hasn't really talked much, he may act differently later. That and

they may be including the marriage to fake Arya later. Maybe they thought it'd be just too hardcore, even for HBO, having those scenes with a young girl and a dude that looks like an animal?

I absolutely loved it. I don't know, maybe I was caught off guard but I never thought

the bastard would be kind of cute

Hmmmm, so he is indulging himself in senseless killing, but he looks cute while doing it?

I must admit, I never saw it the first time I watched the scene.

Anyway, Theon was way cuter when he killed those children he passed as Bran and Rickon.

It kinda put me off to see him kill his own men. That seems like a waste. And have you seen next episode promo? it seems he's taking him to Moat Cailin, no? Or Deepwood Motte (which would be strange, since it is on the other side of westeros)? and all without revealing himself? Interesting to see how they going to resolve this

Eh, I thought it seemed pretty par for the course for Ramsay. He had no compunction about killing innocent people under his rule (see the farmer whose head he threw at Theon in Dance), so treating a few of his goons as fodder for his "game" doesn't seem too far-fetched.

I've liked the changes to the Theon story so far. I thought killing his own men was a perfect touch. Yes, he's handsomer than I thought he should be, but it does sort of add to the creepiness if he's not a repulsive torturer on outside, but a psychopath on the inside.

I'm curious to see where they're going next week though. It sounds like Deepwood, since they mention "Yara" being there. It's too soon for Moat Cailin IMO, but it did look like the sort of ragged "fortress" Moat Cailin is supposed to be.

I didn't notice it at first, but when he slowly walks into focus just before killing the last of his men, the music sounds like something lifted straight out a horror movie.

Not to mention the way the camera zooms out and we see Theon hobble after him, looking very much like his Reek already.

Even the look in his eyes when he takes off Theon's constraints in the earlier scene.

This is one twisted dude and I think it's going to blow minds of readers and non-readers alike when we see the full extent of his evil.

I agree so much that the Ramsey/Theon storyline is brilliant so far. Especially considering that Theon doesn't really appear in the third and fourth books. I think Ramsey killing his men is also a great way of building up his character, especially for the big reveal. Ramsey is ruthless and an awful human being so it's really no surprise that he's a monster (even though non-book readers think he's this great savior for Theon) This'll build up so much also for Theon's loyalty to Ramsey further along the line.

Also I love Iwan Rheon for the role. He's a wonderful actor and if you've seen any of his work on Misfits he's fantastic--even has a very sadistic side in the first Series. Yeah he's cute but he plays psycho very well!

I absolutely loved it. I don't know, maybe I was caught off guard but I never thought

the bastard would be kind of cute

Right on point! There was something bugging me about him from the very beginning, and it's also that he's not only cute, but looks [and acts] so innocent.

I didn't notice it at first, but when he slowly walks into focus just before killing the last of his men, the music sounds like something lifted straight out a horror movie.

Not to mention the way the camera zooms out and we see Theon hobble after him, looking very much like his Reek already.

Well, I watched the durn thing three times last night and never noticed the music. I'll have to go back tonight to find it. What a good touch that would be.

I can NOT believe how the non-book readers will be shocked when they find out what Ramsay is really like. I already had a non book reader friend comment last week, after seeing Theon gallop away on the white horse in the preview for this week, that she was really, really glad to see that Theon was getting away.

I though his face when he walked up to the guy he shot who called him a bastard.Knowing who he is it unnerved me..This is my fav story of the season. The music freaked me out as well.But maybe ts just that since I know its Ramsay is freaking me out to know what he will end up doing.

Even the look in his eyes when he takes off Theon's constraints in the earlier scene.

This is one twisted dude and I think it's going to blow minds of readers and non-readers alike when we see the full extent of his evil.

:agree: I can't wait to see how this plays out in the show.

Also, I really appreciated the irony of Ramsay saving Theon from being raped...

Lol expected Ramsay to rape Theon himself after killing his own men.

does he kill his own men in the book? It's hard to stay loyal to that kind of person don't you think. Or even play along with him.
They prop fear him.Maybe Roose tells them to follow him.

Possible development: I remember in one of the trailers we saw a scene of Yara walking... somewhere, which means she shows up in at least one scene in the season. They may even want to give the actress something to do. What if Ramsay is actually trying to get Theon's trust so that Yara lets him into Deepwood Motte, and he then betrays them and opens the gates for his own men to take the castle? Big departure from the books I know, but they can't really have a season's worth of Theon getting tortured, and they have to beef up his story somehow. They can somehow re-introduce parts of his Clash of Kings storyline, but in a diferent castle rather than Winterfell.

BTW, in the Unsullied thread pretty much everybody is now convinced that this is the bastard of Bolton.

Archived