You little Bastard (book spoilers)

People who think they're rushing the Theon story need to remember that AFfC and ADwD are EXTREMELY likely to be merged in the show, since it's harder to just leave half the cast behind for an entire season.

Me, I'm loving this. The Ramsay/Theon story is one of my favorite bits of the books, and them spending time on it already can only mean good stuff for that.

Someone in another thread mentioned that

(Potential TV Spoilers, don't look if you don't want to know)

Alfie Allen's only going to appear in six episodes this season. Theon's story might seem rushed and like it's taking time away from others, but it shouldn't last. Once he's re-captured it'll taper off and slow down a bit, probably. It's important to establish this stuff, since they don't do flashbacks in the show.

"The book readers saw Ramsay's arrival to WF and cheered for he had saved the day from the evil and ruthless Ironborn, so it was shocking for them to perceive such twist when Bolton betrays both Stark men and then Ironborn equally."

As there was no such scene in the Show I think their approach by making him "cute" and the saviour and then the big twist. This sounds a lot like in the book.

I wonder if his men knew of the entirety of his plan though unlikely. They seemed quite surprised when the arrows came flying (damn Ramsay is a pretty good archer, with fast and well-aimed shots), it really does sound like one of Ramsay's little games.

Someone in another thread mentioned that

(Potential TV Spoilers, don't look if you don't want to know)

Alfie Allen's only going to appear in six episodes this season. Theon's story might seem rushed and like it's taking time away from others, but it shouldn't last. Once he's re-captured it'll taper off and slow down a bit, probably. It's important to establish this stuff, since they don't do flashbacks in the show.

Only 6 episodes???

*kills self* :bawl: /jk it's not that big of a deal ...

he's only been in 2 so far, 3 after Sunday. So maybe he'll disappear during episodes 5 and 6 so that Jon / Sam / Wildlings / Stannis can have more screentime ... and then be in 7, 8, 10?

Only 6 episodes???

*kills self* :bawl: /jk it's not that big of a deal ...

he's only been in 2 so far, 3 after Sunday. So maybe he'll disappear during episodes 5 and 6 so that Jon / Sam / Wildlings / Stannis can have more screentime ... and then be in 7, 8, 10?

I think that he will disappear in episodes 5, 7 and 9. I don't think he will spend two episodes off-screen. It's not a good idea to have a story arc missing in two consecutive episodes or more.

I think that he will disappear in episodes 5, 7 and 9. I don't think he will spend two episodes off-screen. It's not a good idea to have a story arc missing in two consecutive episodes or more.

True! After episode 4, there aren't any spoilers floating around that I know of, so I'll just have to be tense and nervous about what's going to happen and when!

True! After episode 4, there aren't any spoilers floating around that I know of, so I'll just have to be tense and nervous about what's going to happen and when!

Yeah, these spoilers have been satisfying my anticipation, but after next episode we are goign to be left in the dark once again and the wait will be painful :ack:

It takes a real psychopath to kill his own loyal men for some sick game he's playing. I guess that's the point.

Agree. It's a really good way of getting his true character across to the TV audience. The viewers will never get to fully appreciate the extent of the evil mind games he plays on Theon purely because they aren't privy to Theon's inner monologue (e.g. "Reek, it rhymes with meek" etc)

So they had to figure out a way of depicting him as a truly sick and twisted mofo. This elaborate but staged escape will go some way to achieving that.

People who think they're rushing the Theon story need to remember that AFfC and ADwD are EXTREMELY likely to be merged in the show, since it's harder to just leave half the cast behind for an entire season.

Me, I'm loving this. The Ramsay/Theon story is one of my favorite bits of the books, and them spending time on it already can only mean good stuff for that.

I couldn't agree with you more. I loved the Theon/Ramsay dynamic in ADwD and I am really excited to see where this goes. Last season I was left wondering what they were planning on doing with Theon and whether they were going to kiss him goodbye for a season or two. I am SO glad they didn't. I love those Boltons. The weirdos of Westeros.

I'm looking forward to the popular reaction to the Boltons, particularly Ramsay, considering how many foam at the mouth over spoiled little Joffrey alone. Especially if they re-capture that pitch black sense of humor that makes you laugh at loud at half their dialogue - "... all in all, it was a dismal day..." - and then feel vaguely guilty for even laughing.

Don't know how anyone could love the sick, twisted and loserish House Bolton.

Well, they are extremely fun. They have the best family interactions in the entire saga. Ramsay makes me laugh more than any other character :lol:

Hang on, how do people know this is Ramsay? I took it to mean that they changed the story completely and actually has Theon escape Ramsay's clutches after a brief incarcaration. This unknown savior seems to simply have been created to shortcut Theon's whole story arc straight back to Asha.

Archived