You little Bastard (book spoilers)

Nice line. I'm firmly in the camp that believes they had to show the "becoming Reek" storyline this season. It wouldn't have just been a case of bringing back Theon later, it would be bringing back a ruin of a man and asking the audience to take it on trust that "some bad shit happened".

I can't place it in the books off the top of my head but I always thought of Ramsay as handsome. He's certainly not described as grotesque or even unattractive and Martin is always sure to remark on any unattractive features of a character. He should ideally be chilling and that doesn't require him to be unattractive.

Me too.

As a straight male it&undefinedÁs rather disquieting...

Ayuuup. My utter weakness is coldly beautiful people (just physically), and Rheon has been described as "a handsome shark." GAH.

It would seem really weird in TV show for Theon to become so grotesquely attached to Ramsay like he is in ADWD unless we see the transformation.

I can't place it in the books off the top of my head but I always thought of Ramsay as handsome. He's certainly not described as grotesque or even unattractive and Martin is always sure to remark on any unattractive features of a character. He should ideally be chilling and that doesn't require him to be unattractive.

Same here, I never though of Ramsay looking like a monster, I only expected his eyes to be eerie but overall could have been attractive. Afterall Theon describes Roose as not being particularly ugly in any way just sort of plain, and Ramsay was conceived through rape so I would image the commoner girl was cute enough to make Roose rape her and claim first night rights. In this sense, Ramsay, although possibly not a pretty Loras, wouldnt have to be ugly.

Anyway, I of course loved the line, and I said "I was right, thats Ramsay".

The ugliness isn't important to his character at all, but to be fair he is pretty much constantly described as one ugly S.O.B., and not just in the context of an unreliable narrator. Ramsay probably had the most detailed physical description of anyone in the books for some reason, honestly.

Even if Iwan Rheon doesn't "fit" the actual description he is a fantastic actor and he's going to be great. Him being adorable makes it really easy for people to miss the point of his character, but once they start playing up his monstrousness that should help. He is definitely a weirdly handsome dude.

edit: I mean going by description alone Alfie Allen doesn't look like "Book Theon", but I don't think anyone could do a better job and he's re-defined the character in my mind.

I always thought Eliya (sp) Wood would make a great Ramsey. Just watch Sin City and you'll see where I am coming from. This guy playing him now actually looks pretty similar so I am happy. The fact he is cute makes it all the more distressing and less stereotypical.

I could be totally wrong. But from what we have seen so far of 'Boy'. I get the feeling that he will excel in this role. The Theon story line was my favourite from DwD and I'm glad that they chose to show us what happened in real time instead of flashbacks.

The thing about Ramsey is not that he's a torturere or a flyer, but a player, a toyer, a seducer a perverter... Someone who loves getting under people's skins, not only physically but psychologically and delights in turning them against themselves and demolishing them as personalities.

What the series is doing here fits in very well with this and this Iwan guy... He has Peter Lorre's eyes... Ideal.

I think they made Ramsay just too damn handsome, I hate that I'm gonna start hating that guy very soon, I always pictured him as lean with long dark damped unwashed hair and a cruel face, but I understand that they can't use a such a look since they're building him up to be a nice guy til he ends an episode in a cliffhanger where he reveals his monstrosity.

And the other thing I didn't like was he killed 4 men in seconds, that's something a warrior like Blackfish could do but I always thought Ramsay was pathethic when it came to combat, but I have understanding that it fits the character in the TV series.

Hehe, as for his l33t warrior skills, budget demands they have to make do with fewer people than in the books. Sorry Ramsay, you have to pull your own weight now! I hope they keep his falchion though--it&undefined;ll give him a real butcher&undefined;s look in a fight.

Clariana...I love that thought about Ramsay getting under people&undefined;s skin. Mind if I borrow that for a morbid gif?

Archived