[Book and TV Spoilers] Darwin Awards in the GoT Universe

Harrad

One has to question whether there is evolution in the GoT Universe, since the Gods are so nearby..but nevertheless the Awards are warranted whatever name they go under.

My first nominee is the slave army trader in Astapor. First he speaks insulting Valyrian in front of the heir of the Valyrian dynasty that took over Westeros. How does he know that she is that heir? She's the only one in the Universe with fricking Dragons, that's how. Then he trades his entire army...emphasize "entire"...for a Dragon, that is supremely loyal to his Mother, and with the word, Dracarys will burn everyone in sight, his Mother being immune.

I don't know what will happen in the GoT, and I forget the details in the book, but the prediction is that the slave army trader will soon be handed his Darwin Award, probably episode 4.

Viserys is the winner, threatning blood thirsty savages in their own city, by himself.

Lord Eddard for telling Queen Cersei his plan, that was stupid.

M.M.D. for, "poisoning" Khal Drogo. Did she think she was going to live after that foolishness?

Viserys is the winner, threatning blood thirsty savages in their own city, by himself.

Lord Eddard for telling Queen Cersei his plan, that was stupid.

M.M.D. for, "poisoning" Khal Drogo. Did she think she was going to live after that foolishness?

I don't think M.M.D cared whether she lived or not by that point. When Dany tells her that she saved her life, she tells her to look at her Khal to see what life is worth when everything else is gone.

Egg was Aegon V.

She knew her life would be forfeit and didn't care. Her life had been destroyed and she decided to spend what remained of it taking out the Stallion who Mounts the World, so in her eyes it was a noble sacrifice.

I have to agree on the Viserys consensus. Ned is a distant second, and Kraznys is somewhere on the list.

Heavy book spoilers:

1, Tywin Lannister - Now I'm going to anger my son I has abused his whole life, never mind I has recently sentenced him to death or that he is currently holding a loaded crossbow.

2, Viserys - Kill khal's unborn child, why not?

3, Ned - I'll tell Cersei my plan, what could go wrong?

4, Quentyn - I has this great idea, let's steal a dragon.

5, Bowen March - The best time to kill someone is while surrounded by his supporters.

No one's mentioned Catelyn Stark? "The Kingslayer is one of our deadliest enemies. I think I'll betray my son's trust and send this guy to King's Landing with only one person to make sure he stays true to his word and returns my daughters. What could possibly go wrong?"

Quentyn and Viserys are probably the two most idiotic characters for me.

"Yep just gonna draw a sword in a city where steel is forbidden to threaten the already beloved unborn child of a bloodthirsty barbarian king... oh noooo what's happening"

King Robert's a worthy candidate, what with his drunken boar hunting.

In all honesty, he had help with the drunkenness that time. The strongwine was made more potent than usually in order to provoke a "hunting accident". Sure, noone forced him to drink it but neither did they tell him it was 'reinforced'. Normal wine probably didn't affect him too much, so there wasn't really any way he could have anticipating getting into trouble with the boar.

Viscerys is the obvious winner. There is also poor Egg (Aegon IV), who I believe burns himself up trying to activate a dragon egg.

Quentyn and Viserys are the winners

Egg (who was V. btw, IV. was Aegon the Unworthy) not that much, as we don't know what happened exactly, what he was trying to achieve, and how the fire started... but going with that line Aerion Targaryen should be in the top 3 for sure

Also Cersei would be a strong candidate

Archived