[Book and TV spoilers] Jaime.....

DarkSnow

More importantly, was Jaime's hand cut on the Weirwood stump? Can someone watching the show in HQ please look into this? Obviously, the book doesn't say anything of sorts, but knowing how things change in the show, could be Jaime's very own sacrifice to the Old Gods.

The Bloody Mummers are gone. They've been replaced with some other unnamed mercenary band led by Locke, the man who cut off Jaime's Hand. Locke is in the service of Roose Bolton, just like Vargo Hoat. And just like Hoat, he cut off his hand because he could. Because he felt like it. Roose didn't order anything, and he won't know about it until Jaime is delivered to Harrenhal. And when he sees what Locke has done, he'll just scold him, and that'll be the end of it, just like in the books.

Jaime knows Bolton didn't order Locke to maim him.

Roose Bolton didn't personally cut off his hand, they are Bolton men but maybe the Bastard's Boys instead of Roose's.

The Bastard's Boys have nothing do with Roose. They're Ramsay's mad dogs. And so far, they're not in the show.

I never understood why Jaime didn't get a dagger as his replacement hand, or a short sword type thing. It wouldn't be as good as having his sword hand back but then his reflexes would be more useful and less of a hindrance at least if he needs to defend himself. He needs the golden hand to slap around the Freys though.

• 9 months later...

This is a late comment - but that's what you get for some national networks being late putting out season 3 :lol: . I have to admit I thought they were going to disable Jaime in some different way than in the books, a bit like Patrick Swayze in North and South who was (if I remember correctly) severely limp in the TV series while he lacked an arm in the book.

Sure, a missing hand is easier to "fix" on screen than an entire arm, but it will still take some effort, so I was actually wondering whether they were simply going to break his leg or an arm to disable him or do something else. But I guess the missing hand is crucial enough for the story and Jaime's character development that the producers are prepared to make the effort.

Archived