Craster's line, "Those who are right with the Old Gods"

I am referring to when the NW gets to his place again. He refers to not being afraid of what is out there. Obviously he is referring to giving his sons to the Old Gods. I know this has been discussed many times before, but did anybody get any new insight on what exactly he is doing and what he means?

I believe there's evidence, 'way back in the history of Westeros, that the White Walkers were once Children of the Forest, too, and that there was some sort of split off for some sort of reason. Also lots of thinking/posting on these threads that the White Walkers are not necessarily all 'bad' and that we don't have all the pertinent information on them.

I believe there's evidence, 'way back in the history of Westeros, that the White Walkers were once Children of the Forest, too, and that there was some sort of split off for some sort of reason. Also lots of thinking/posting on these threads that the White Walkers are not necessarily all 'bad' and that we don't have all the pertinent information on them.

well there's not really evidence of that. just a theory

I thought he said "real gods"... not old gods.

I figure he does mean the White Walkers, but I don't think they are the "Old Gods"

You're correct. I just re-watched, and he said 'the REAL gods' not the Old Gods. the Old Gods are those associated with the weirwood trees, whereas Craster seems to be implying that the White Walkers are the REAL gods.

Did he say "old gods"? I missed that, if so. I don't think the writers would put that in though. The Old Gods are cool. They wouldn't kill baby boys.

But what Craster meant was since he sacrifices to the Others/White Walkers, he has nothing to fear from them. That's why he never joined up with Mance in Season 2.

I am referring to when the NW gets to his place again. He refers to not being afraid of what is out there. Obviously he is referring to giving his sons to the Old Gods. I know this has been discussed many times before, but did anybody get any new insight on what exactly he is doing and what he means?

Craster is serving his sons up to the White Walkers, at least that is what looks like takes the baby. Those are his gods. Thus, he has no need to fear "what is out there" as long as he keeps giving them sacrifices.

Interesting...is Craster actually a genius by trading his sons' lives for his/daughters lives with the WW? If the NW never show up to his place, do the WW go on to destroy Westeros and leave Craster to his daughter-wives in total peace? He has a great plan, too bad he let the crows back in.

That's really interesting. I've read a lot of the Heresy threads, so I know a bunch about the "White Walkers aren't all bad" theories, but I don't remember evidence of the CotF and the WW splitting off from one another. Do you have a link to somewhere I can read more about this? Thanks.

Interesting...is Craster actually a genius by trading his sons' lives for his/daughters lives with the WW? If the NW never show up to his place, do the WW go on to destroy Westeros and leave Craster to his daughter-wives in total peace? He has a great plan, too bad he let the crows back in.

Episode 1 shows that the WW are on the move without the Nights Watch going over the Wall any more than they do normally so it would appear that whatever instigated them happened outside of what went on at Crasters.

Great catch on him saying "real gods." When I watched the episode, I was thinking that Craster was wrong because Mormont is of the North and follows the Old Gods (I think). If he said "real gods" and meant the White Walkers that is probably the closest admission Craster gives to what he is doing. The wives are the ones that confirm it in the book when they tell Sam that the sons are coming.

Yeh, I was going to comment saying ''he said the real gods'' but many already have. What does this mean? Hmm.

In this episode he is talking about the cold winds and how he has nothing to fear, he's made a deal with the White Walkers to offer up his sons to them. The White Walkers are the "gods" that he serves.

Last season Craster lives his baby in the woods, a figure with blue eyes takes it, Jon tells Mormont about it, he tells Jon "Craster serves crueler gods than us"

Archived