[BOOK AND TV SPOILERS] The symbol of the Others?

naik2902

It looked like a Golden Spiral to me - The Divine Proportion. Then we had Craster talking about belonging to the true gods. Is the show trying to tell us that the Others are the Old Gods??????

Any heretics around that can expand on this idea?

Or maybe The Others believe that they are gods

It's a Zerg symbol that foreshadows events to come.

The Wall is gonna get baneling-busted. And all the Zerglings (Others) will stream in.

Lol that is the first thing I thought of too...

But for Westeros my best guess is it's some kind of First Men rune symbol.

Interesting stuff about the symbol being connected to astronomical objects. Makes sense since cosmology plays a part in the asoiaf: the red comet, swords being made from meteorites, some people believing dragons come from the moon...

That's what I thought. And aren't star constellations a big part of it as well, how the wildlings have different names and meanings for them?

Exactly what I was questioning the damn symbols....Maybe they're not really from other planet, they just have a far more developed knowledge in astrology? Also vast knowledge in it would explain how they knew a big winter was coming and awoke when the time was right. I don't think the symbols were ever mentioned in the books so it might very well be the Show hinting something.

• 1 year later...

Archived