[Book Spoilers] Mel finds Gendry

Tourniquet

As I thought more about this I decided that I would like it better if Mel brings Gendry back to dragonstone, he learns to read and write with the dead girl and davos. When Mel has Stannis convinced to burn him Davos will send him across the narrow sea in hiding where he will again meet up with Arya the assassin & ninja.

As I thought more about this I decided that I would like it better if Mel brings Gendry back to dragonstone, he learns to read and write with the dead girl and davos. When Mel has Stannis convinced to burn him Davos will send him across the narrow sea in hiding where he will again meet up with Arya the assassin & ninja.

This is possible. I don't think the reading/writing thing will happen. Is it ever established that Davos can't read or write? It wouldn't make sense for Mel to bring Gendry back and then let him chill and learn to read and write for months. They'd want to burn him right away.

The problem with this is that if Gendry is smuggled out, what's to stop Mel from just going to get him again? She's already left to find him once, why not again?

I get the logic of not introducing too many bastards, but I wonder how the Davos arc will play out. In books, Davos is made Lord Hand after interview with Mel and another confrontation, where she finds that he does not approve of her, but is an absolutely loyal to Stannis.

If the show has Stannis giving Handship to Davos in a fit of "Mel left me and I'm all alone without anyone to advise me", it would be a bit lame.

I get the logic of not introducing too many bastards, but I wonder how the Davos arc will play out. In books, Davos is made Lord Hand after interview with Mel and another confrontation, where she finds that he does not approve of her, but is an absolutely loyal to Stannis.

If the show has Stannis giving Handship to Davos in a fit of "Mel left me and I'm all alone without anyone to advise me", it would be a bit lame.

For sure. I can see her influence wearing off the longer she is away from Stannis, though, if they want to imply her control over him is magical. In that time, he can start thinking and then realize Davos was loyal and it makes no sense to lock him up. By the time Mel gets back, Stannis a healthier and Davos is Hand, which leads to Gendry escaping shortly thereafter.

I doubt they'll kill off Gendry. I doubt they'll even bring him back to Dragonstone. Not that he plays a huge part after aria leaves the BwB (other than saving Brienne), but i still can;t see them killing him off.

My theory is that Thoros will be the one who argues against the sacrifice of Gendry (having been good friends with Robert and all), and suggesting the leeching of the king's blood as being sufficient. Maybe Mel just brings 3 fat leeches back to dragonstone.

The problem with this is that if Gendry is smuggled out, what's to stop Mel from just going to get him again? She's already left to find him once, why not again?

Well in the books once Edric Storm leaves he's beyond Mels reach because she would have to cross continents to get him. It could be the same reason she won't be able to get to Gendry

I think he'll poss be killed. My hope is that Davos saves him and, I'm still on board with the idea; he meets Brienne next season and travels with her and Podrick in place of what-his-face. It works well for the TV audience (since he'll be doing it to look for Arya) and she'll need his help to identify her, plus this way both end up back in the same place with the Brotherhood, and at the mercy of LadyStone/Stark, where he saves her from Biter.

Depends who's higher up in the church of R'Hllor. Besides, from one still I saw it looked like the only burn Gendry is going to feel from Mel is in his loins. He'll be the father of the shadow baby that takes out Balon.

Why would a shadow baby take out Balon? Seems like that would kind of hurt the entire Greyjoy arc.

Melisandre is going to see Bolton and ask him for 3 leeches. That is totally what will happen.

On a serious note...I guess I am fine with Gendry tagging in for Edric, they just better not totally fuck his character over and kill him off. A meeting between Mel and Thoros could be interesting too.

End of the day, Gendry was a pretty minor character in the books. I did notice, however, that Joe Dempsie got promoted to series regular this season, meaning he's going to have a much larger role in the show than he ever had in the books. To be entirely honest, I always thought he was a bit of an idiot and Joe Dempsie's portrayal of his didn't really change that. I welcome a change to his storyline where he learns of his lineage and learns to act like a Lord so to speak, as Edric had.

I don't hate the idea of Stannis releasing Davos because Melisandre has left. In order to arrive at the Stannis we all love, they need to show Davos and Melisandre fighting for his soul (so to speak) which means they both need to get equal amounts of time with him. Davos also hasn't appeared for two episodes now and I really need him back in my life.

I am intrigued by this story line, and wonder what the HBO writers have in store for Gendry.

1) I think he will end up going to Dragonstone and meeting Stannis.

2) I think there is a good chance Mel will want to make a shadowbaby with him since Stannis' "fires are low"

3) Gendry may refuse and end up in the dungeons with Davos

4) I think Davos will either save Gendry, or Stannis will have the sense to realize that Gendry may end up being the only Baratheon left... particularly if Shireen dies of Grayscale. But we have not seen Shireen yet in the HBO series.

By the end of the series I think Gendry may be the only Baratheon left and Stannis as a king can legitimize him before Stannis dies. I hope Gendry and Arya end up together.

I am intrigued by this story line, and wonder what the HBO writers have in store for Gendry.

1) I think he will end up going to Dragonstone and meeting Stannis.

2) I think there is a good chance Mel will want to make a shadowbaby with him since Stannis' "fires are low"

3) Gendry may refuse and end up in the dungeons with Davos

4) I think Davos will either save Gendry, or Stannis will have the sense to realize that Gendry may end up being the only Baratheon left... particularly if Shireen dies of Grayscale. But we have not seen Shireen yet in the HBO series.

By the end of the series I think Gendry may be the only Baratheon left and Stannis as a king can legitimize him before Stannis dies. I hope Gendry and Arya end up together.

I figure they'll just try and sacrifice him to "wake the stone dragon" in the books. I don't think Stannis is down for Mel gettin freaky with other dudes.

Arya and (legitimized) Gendry together would be interesting since, in the first novel, the joining of Stark/Baratheon is what kicked off the entire series.

Archived