They are spending too much time in Astapor [Book spoilers]

Too much time in Astapor? Um, compared to the books it's moving at lightening speed! Lol The season started with Daenerys already on a ship!

That being said, I really thought the Crasters keep scene would come to fruition in episode 3. I love this show but the first three episodes were borderline boring. We need a little less talk and a lot more action. Maybe if they took a few storylines further in each episode it might be better than trying to squeeze a glimpse of each in every time.

i do think the couple mins per ep is really killing this story line. cant believe they did what they did this week and not the dracarys scene. its just stripping all the drama

Too much time in Astapor? Um, compared to the books it's moving at lightening speed! Lol The season started with Daenerys already on a ship!

Word. No such thing as too much Daeny. I'm guessing they're going to give Daeny her army next episode. That episode should be hot like fire. Puns!

So far Dany`s arc has been fine this season. We`ve seen her actually do stuff.

First episode: Decides to go to Astapor to buy a slave army. We see her dragons are growing but not fast enough. She meets with a Slaver and Missandei (a fucking amazing scene) and we learn not only a lot about the society of Astapor but also of the Unsullied. She gets attacked by the Warlocks (a story I think they`ll bring more to the forefront in the show) and Barristan shows up.

Episode 2: Nothing. This is fine, we have other characters to learn about.

Episode 3: We see her showing compassion for slaves again - to re-establish what we already learned in season 1. We the the enmity growing between Selmy and Jorah. We see Dany beginning to doubt herself less. More awesome Slaver business AND Dany agreeing to sell a dragon - her biggest dragon. Jorah and Selmy stepping above their station and Dany scolding them for it. Dany buying Missandei and being somewhat badass about things - a mutual respect growing already.

I don`t know what you want from the show exactly but they`re doing a fine job with Dany`s arc so far this season. A lot has happened.

I wonder if they'll actually keep her in Meereen or just start making shit up.

What do you mean "start"? =P

They are certainly going to have to divert from the books at some point (way more so than they already have) unless this show goes on for ten seasons (which seems pretty impossible to me). HBO Dany will probably be in Westeros by the time the next book comes out.

Anyway, i thought the Dany scenes in episode three were the best of the episode, by a wide margin. Guess i felt they were able to capture the essence that particular story line and convey it in an interesting fashion.

If anything, I actually think they're moving much too fast with Dany.

Actually, they're moving much too fast with every character really. Especially Jon though. I was hoping he'd be beyond the wall with the wildlings till episode 5 or 6, at the least, then in episode 7 or 8 deal with escaping south of the wall - then the season finale saving the wall and the battle where Ygritte dies.

I don't think it's moving slow at all. If anything it's moving fast. Then again I'm also one that enjoys Dany's chapters in Mereen and how she actually is learning extremely important lessons about ruling instead of the standard fantasy trope where the would be king automatically is fit for it without any experience.

If anything, I actually think they're moving much too fast with Dany.

Actually, they're moving much too fast with every character really. Especially Jon though. I was hoping he'd be beyond the wall with the wildlings till episode 5 or 6, at the least, then in episode 7 or 8 deal with escaping south of the wall - then the season finale saving the wall and the battle where Ygritte dies.

I haven't read any synopsis for any episode, nor do I watch any preview clips, but sine the 6:th episode is called The Climb it does sound like Jon won't go south of the Wall until that episode. Unless I'm being completely fooled by that name I'd say that your wish for pacing sounds pretty accurate to what's likely to happen.

Archived