They are spending too much time in Astapor [Book spoilers]

I don't think it's moving slow at all. If anything it's moving fast. Then again I'm also one that enjoys Dany's chapters in Mereen and how she actually is learning extremely important lessons about ruling instead of the standard fantasy trope where the would be king automatically is fit for it without any experience.

I haven't read any synopsis for any episode, nor do I watch any preview clips, but sine the 6:th episode is called The Climb it does sound like Jon won't go south of the Wall until that episode. Unless I'm being completely fooled by that name I'd say that your wish for pacing sounds pretty accurate to what's likely to happen.

I hope you are correct. I really do not want them to skip the "marriage" of Ygritte and Jon

This is offtrack, but the next two episodes really need to focus on Jon and test his loyalty to the Night's Watch. So far, we've seen sparingly little of the wildlings. Margaery Tyrell can wait. I want to see more wildlings.

So far, I'm fine with the pacing of Daenerys' arc. The real question will be how they manage to mine 6 episodes out of Yunkai. Maybe focus on the tension between Jorah and Barristan?

So far, I'm fine with the pacing of Daenerys' arc. The real question will be how they manage to mine 6 episodes out of Yunkai. Maybe focus on the tension between Jorah and Barristan?

My predictions are:

Episode 5: Consolidates troops, heads towards Yunkai

Episode 6: Doesnt appear

Episode 7: Travelling to Yunkai. Tensions between Jorah and Barristan.

Episode 8: Meets the Titan's Bastard and Daario outside Yunkai. Daario betrays the Yunkai.

Episode 9: Doesn't Appear

Episode 10: Enemy camp destroyed, slaves are freed. Mhysa! Betrayal of Jorah revealed, he is sent away.

Every plot line they skip or change, I believe, are fodder for guessing the end. I mean the D&D are the only other people who know the ending.

I am just saying, they need to spend more time on the awesome parts of the story and not the boring ones. Skip the entire Brotherhood without banners part with Arya, for all I care. People completely forgot about the wolf herd, maybe they should start reminding them about that.

Some scenes are just ridicoulous, I mean who cares about Pod's sexual exploits.

I agree this stuff comes at the end, but I guess I was just ranting. :)

I hope you are correct. I really do not want them to skip the "marriage" of Ygritte and Jon

Me too man. I think they won't, becuase it is a huge charecter building plot for Jon Snow. Also, the actor who play ygritte is beautiful and there probably is a reason for that. One more thing is, if it wern't for that she is basically pointless in the entire story. Jon's guilt about her is too important.

The longer Dany spends getting to Meereen the better.

The only way I can see that set up being rescued for the TV is to invent some kind of a battle at some point. Perhaps a Dothraki assault to demonstrate just how good the Unsullied are. For me the Meereen years are the most frustrating part of the books and will be worse converted to TV unless they do something significant.

Well, Tyrion did say there are only four people in the world who can do a proper Mereenese knot. I guess we've been introduced to two already.

Ahahahahahahahahaha!!!

D&D will do Astapor and Yunkai this season. And conquering Mereen season 4. And failing to rule Mereen/running away on a dragon season 5.

The only way I can see that set up being rescued for the TV is to invent some kind of a battle at some point. Perhaps a Dothraki assault to demonstrate just how good the Unsullied are. For me the Meereen years are the most frustrating part of the books and will be worse converted to TV unless they do something significant.

Well, they could embellish the Sons of the Harpy storyline. Maybe create a new character who is one of the resistance fighters, and then joins Dany's cause. Street battles and murders could be quite interesting.

Archived