[No spoilers] Others = Zerg?

DrRobotnik

The Children are Protoss, of course.

And the weirwood are their pylons. Note that after the First Men and the Andals started cutting them, they had to move north because they couldn't survive or maintain their force fields anymore.

So sad you specified no spoilers....I could have given you a Dark Templar example from aDwD.

And you also forgot to mention that the Wights are infected Terrans.

When they zoomed out from the middle i thought it was going to be a follow the yellow brick road/follow the horses head kind of thing,would have been great if they had arranged the heads to spell lol and make it so big you can see it from the top of the wall.

These are weird, really ! I dont remember if it was the same in the books ? No, IIRC it was just a bloody massacre, there were no shapes of bodies aint it ?

I sure hope that's now how it was described in the books. That scene made no friggin sense to me. Why would what is essentially a horde of mindless zombies leave a pattern like that behind? As a warning, a deterrent? Surely the massacre itself would be warning enough, why bother arranging the heads in a neat pattern?

I sure hope that's now how it was described in the books. That scene made no friggin sense to me. Why would what is essentially a horde of mindless zombies leave a pattern like that behind? As a warning, a deterrent? Surely the massacre itself would be warning enough, why bother arranging the heads in a neat pattern?

The White Walkers (The Others) are not mindless zombies. The wights (reanimated corpses) are mindless zombies seemingly controlled by the White Walkers.

Maybe because the Others are not a horde of mindless zombies.

EDIT: The thread is dark and full of ninjas.

The White Walkers (The Others) are not mindless zombies. The wights (reanimated corpses) are mindless zombies seemingly controlled by the White Walkers.

Fine, then they are more like Death Knights or Gaunt Men from other fantasy works, ie a more ancient and intelligent form of undead.

Still the question remains, why bother with patterns?

Fine, then they are more like Death Knights or Gaunt Men from other fantasy works, ie a more ancient and intelligent form of undead.

At this point we don't know. It could just be ritualistic. Why do humans bother with tombstones and cemeteries?

I love those images. Same as the pattern of the dead wildling camp in the very first scene of the Season 1, Episode 1. Intimidation and/or marking their territory.

Whatever it is, it is frightening as hell and a great touch.

No, it's not in the books, but I love it.

The Children are Protoss, of course.

And the weirwood are their pylons. Note that after the First Men and the Andals started cutting them, they had to move north because they couldn't survive or maintain their force fields anymore.

Hahahahaha! Weirwoods are their pylons!

:D

That is why the Others can't get into Bran's cave in DwD. Three-eyed crow has great force field micro.

• 3 weeks later...

The point of not being able to understand them is making them more scary - for all we know they may be doing it on purpose simply as a scare tactic.

I agree, I think I might be interesting to see if we find out why they are doing this, if its something they simply made up for funnsies or if there will be some method to this madness. maybe its simply to show they are not mindless killers and they are capable of mind fucking people just to inflict fear

Archived