Ruthless Robb [Major Spoilers]

I love book Robb, and I love Richard Madden - though I do think he needs to find a different way of expressing authority and anger than scrunching his face. I hate what they did to Robb on the show- check any of last season's Robb threads for the reasons why.

My non-readers aren't especially attached to Robb, they've decided last season that he's marked for death, this season they are betting on when.

I am not sure why people are getting on his case so much because snickered at Edmure's failure. He wasn't disrespecting his grandfather. He was disrespecting Edmure. I think he has been acting like a King and I can feel a "bit off more than he can chew" vibe coming from him. Which is well suited.

It's sad that they haven't developed Robb better. Most people I know don't care about him. However, I do have one friend....English is her second language, so I watched the whole series up to where we are with her, and for some reason at the beginning of season 2 when Robb was in a field with Roose Bolton, she screams, "OMG! You said lots of good people die in this series. He's going to die!! TELL ME TELL ME!!!!" So finally I told her, lol, and she says, "who kills him?!?!?!" I said "that dude next to him" and she just freaked out"WHO THE HELL IS THAT WHAT OMG OMG?!?!?"....haha.

It's sad that they haven't developed Robb better. Most people I know don't care about him. However, I do have one friend....English is her second language, so I watched the whole series up to where we are with her, and for some reason at the beginning of season 2 when Robb was in a field with Roose Bolton, she screams, "OMG! You said lots of good people die in this series. He's going to die!! TELL ME TELL ME!!!!" So finally I told her, lol, and she says, "who kills him?!?!?!" I said "that dude next to him" and she just freaked out"WHO THE HELL IS THAT WHAT OMG OMG?!?!?"....haha.

OMG WHY DID YOU TELL HER. :P

I'm not sure about Robb as a character but Madden is hot when he gets angry, so as far as I'm concerned, his scene with Edmure gets him an Outstanding O.W.L.

:agree:

I like his portrayal a lot. I think the difference from the book is mainly due to the fact that they have an older actor for the role than the part in the book, which makes the viewer forget that he actually has no idea what he's doing. (but does surprisingly well)

Snickering at the funeral reminded me that he is not the adult, composed person that everyone needs him to be. And his scene with Edmure showed his anger as well as his fear. I agree with those who say that Robb knows he's not on the winning side anymore.

Robb had no relationship with his grandfather. Snickering at anybody's funeral isn't kingly, but that funeral wasn't ever going to be particularly emotional to Robb.

Then why take your whole damn army there specifically to attend the funeral after marching from the Crag to HH then back to RR?

The reaction to Robb is the same from folk I know who just feel he is a "meh" character. Ironically the RW may not seem like a big deal to most people. In the books it was a shock. In the TV series it is obvious from a mile off that he's doomed.

Someone mentioned Robb may have been laughing because he was reminded of Bran.I quiet like that idea.

I also got that impression mostly because they gave us that flashback/vision of Bran with a bow in the previous episode. If that's what they intended to do, very well played and subtle.

TV Robb almost makes me a Frey sympathizer. He expects others to keep their vows and obey, but he doesn't keep his own. He is older than book Robb and should be wiser, but acts more foolish. He seems to have zero regard for how his actions negatively impact his situation, where younger book Robb at least realized what a problem it created. Basicly he decided to marry who ever he wanted on a whim becaue he felt like it, and everyone else be damned. Even though he had the council of his mother against it before hand, he knew his bannermen didn't like Talisa, he had no social obligations to marry her, and didn't have the emotional toll of his brother's deaths setting up the situation.

Book Robb's decision may have ultimately been equally foolish, but it was a very "Ned" like decision. Doing something to protect someone he loved in Jeyne regardless of the consequences to himself, much like Ned "confessing" to treason before being beheaded. Conversely marrying Talisa because he feels like it against the council of everyone else comes across as a very selfish decision.

There are other things you can do in that situation, other than spoil GoT. :)

hey if someone screams at me over and over again, i'm going to spoil, lol. i actually like spoilers and ask for them all the time, and expect people to answer :P

Ironically the RW may not seem like a big deal to most people. In the books it was a shock. In the TV series it is obvious from a mile off that he's doomed.

That's in hindsight though. If you re-read ASoS it's obvious the RW will occur from a mile off; there's so much foreboding, so many hints. I felt a sense of impending doom before the Rains of Castamere started playing the first time I read it because George intended it to be that way. It doesn't mean I knew what was coming though.

That's in hindsight though. If you re-read ASoS it's obvious the RW will occur from a mile off; there's so much foreboding, so many hints. I felt a sense of impending doom before the Rains of Castamere started playing the first time I read it because George intended it to be that way. It doesn't mean I knew what was coming though.

Yeah, as I read aSoS the first time, I knew Robb was doomed. I felt a little optimism at the whole "We're going home after we see my uncle married," but throughout the whole book you knew their chances were really bad. In fact Robb even says even with the Frey's backing them it was a longshot after Tywin escapes and joins with Mace Tyrell's host.

Archived