[Possible Spoliers] The Improvement of show Dany

Mulled Wino

D & D really tightened up the whole Day storyline this year. I know Qarth was a tough translation to the screen, but IMO they are making up for it. Dany is projecting strength and is once again someone I could see as blood of the dragon. Her pokerface with the Ghisari is fantastic and her dressing down of Barristan and Mormot was excellent.

I can't wait for her to start bringing blood and fire down on some slavers.

For the first time in any single book or season of Game of Thrones I find myself looking forward to Dany's scenes over any other one.

The addition of a smoking hot and well-acted Meissandre doesn't hurt either.

I like show Dany in general better than book Dany. She was my favorite storyline in season one, kinda meh in season two, and pretty cool in season three.

I can't stand book Dany, I feel like she showed a lot of promise and growth in book one, then actually regressed as a character as the series went on.

Another likeable thing about show Dany, is we don't have to be inside her head while she moons over Daario or says "if I look back I am lost" 3,000 times.

i like dany the character this season, but i feel its going to end up feeling underwhelming at the end.

the series of 5 min clips is kinda like aryas last year, where at the end it feels like nothing happened, even though a bunch of stuff happened.

i like dany the character this season, but i feel its going to end up feeling underwhelming at the end.

the series of 5 min clips is kinda like aryas last year, where at the end it feels like nothing happened, even though a bunch of stuff happened.

no, trust me alot is going to happen with dany this year.

Couldn't agree more. True, I love Dany's chapters so I'm predisposed to like her in the show, but I did hate her (I am the Dragon speeches) from last year. I so wanted to see the three strangers walk up to the ruins and say, "We come seeking Dragons." and have Dany say, "Seek no more. You have found them." But not only did I not get that amazing chapter ending line, I got the King of Qarth and just a a young girl with no experience in war...

However, this season the dragon's fire is boiling once again. Thank you god.

I think people hate on Season 2 Dany too much. She was that way purposefully, to show she was a girl out of her league. Maybe she was over the top a little with the "WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS?!!!" stuff but I thought it fit and played well into her arc. You could see in those last scenes of season 2 that she had changed and grown up. The way she spoke with Daxos after the betrayal was exactly how she is this season.

I love her acting and character this season. Top notch. Love the cold, calculating, and strategic Dany with a bit of a mean and ruthless streak when she needs to be.

Kind of random, but wasn't Dany a bit nicer to Missandei in the books? I recall her freeing her right away and being really nice. In the show she's like, "you're mine now. and you're prolly gonna get killed."

Archived