[Possible Spoliers] The Improvement of show Dany

Mulled Wino

I must say, Emilia is doing a far better job this season. Although I think the writing also has a part to play. Many people I knew started to dislike her last season, so it's good that they've done away with the entitled brattiness she showed last season. Oh, and next episode is going to make everyone love her.

I must say, Emilia is doing a far better job this season. Although I think the writing also has a part to play. Many people I knew started to dislike her last season, so it's good that they've done away with the entitled brattiness she showed last season. Oh, and next episode is going to make everyone love her.

Well I certainly hope they've done away with her entitled brattiness, but there are still 7 episodes, and I expect at least once for her to say 'I AM DAENERYS STORMBORN!'

I personally think she got better this season intentionally. I think they were trying to go for the weaker, more entitled, somewhat clueless Dany last season and that probably rubbed too many viewers the wrong way. They needed to show Dany 'growing up' the same as her dragons and this season she's full-on Targaryen Queen material so her acting is much more focused and brilliant. I knew they'd picked the right actress for the role because she's able to evoke emotions from viewers both positive and negative and only a few others such as Cersei and Catelyn are doing that well as female characters.

I like show Dany in general better than book Dany. She was my favorite storyline in season one, kinda meh in season two, and pretty cool in season three.

I can't stand book Dany, I feel like she showed a lot of promise and growth in book one, then actually regressed as a character as the series went on.

Another likeable thing about show Dany, is we don't have to be inside her head while she moons over Daario or says "if I look back I am lost" 3,000 times.

I really like the "If I look back I am lost" thing. How can you hate that :D

Its like hating Theons "Reek Reek it ryme with Weak" Or "You know Nothing Jon Snow" :)

Well I certainly hope they've done away with her entitled brattiness, but there are still 7 episodes, and I expect at least once for her to say 'I AM DAENERYS STORMBORN!'

... and I will take what is mine! Thank you. Form a queue. Thats right. Stop poking the dragons, kid.

God, I cringed so much when she started saying that in her scene with the Spice King.

Hahaha. When you're losing your shit it's gotta be hard to remember all those titles, Dany has a real knack for that kind of thing.

That whole scene in S2 outside the gates of Qarth was so surreal and silly, it really felt like something out of a completely different series. I like to think it was just one bigass hallucination on their part thanks to wandering in the desert for so long.

I'm definitely looking forward to her stuff this season. Coolly authorative slightly off-kilter Dany is a million times better than screechy, petulant Dany. Missandei seems cool, RIP "It is known."

I personally think she got better this season intentionally. I think they were trying to go for the weaker, more entitled, somewhat clueless Dany last season and that probably rubbed too many viewers the wrong way. They needed to show Dany 'growing up' the same as her dragons and this season she's full-on Targaryen Queen material so her acting is much more focused and brilliant. I knew they'd picked the right actress for the role because she's able to evoke emotions from viewers both positive and negative and only a few others such as Cersei and Catelyn are doing that well as female characters.

It wasnt so much her acting/behavior that bothered me last year, it was the sloppy translation of Qarth. I dont mind her juvenile brattiness so much (although it was a little annoying). What I hated was the Qarth storyline.

The meeting outside the gates was dumbfounding. Ducksauce was so different from book Daxos and they missed the cool dynamic that he's clearly wasnt interested in her for her parts. Getting her dragons stolen... Blah blah. If I managed to steal 3 dragons im not telling their mom where I put them.

Im ready for blood, fire, and cloak turning. I would prefer as little walking around as possible for the rest of the season. [spoilers] maybe one scene to show all her new followers [/spoilers]

I'm not sure why its been fast forward so much because it could have easily been aligned with the book. AKA, having the whole arstan mystery included and belwas. And then they could have had Dany's chapters at the end of ASOS at the end of HBO's season 3, therefore making the season finale even more epic rather than just fast forwarding it so much

Seems I'm the only one who just can't like her. Whenever a Daenerys-scene comes, I can only think ''BRING BACK THE OTHERSSSS.'' Didn't miss her in Episode 2 either. Though no one can deny the improvement of Show-Daenerys. Last season she was all ''I am this and this and this, so Imma be Queen of Westeros''. Blaaah.

Essos is just as silly on screen as it is in the books, with its evil arab stereotypes and stupid orientalism and don't get me started on the Unsullied (and the obviously incoming gratuitous Dany x Missandei sex scene), but so far her story line is much more exciting than last season's.

God, I cringed so much when she started saying that in her scene with the Spice King.

That was the worst ever. It was basically "Give me free ships! No? Im gonna kill you all then, how dare you not give everything you own to me!" I was hoping someone would just punch her to shut her up. As long as we dont have that dumb shit again ill be happy.

Essos is just as silly on screen as it is in the books, with its evil arab stereotypes and stupid orientalism and don't get me started on the Unsullied (and the obviously incoming gratuitous Dany x Missandei sex scene), but so far her story line is much more exciting than last season's.

Aye, i hate all the evil inuit stereotypes north of the wall. Why do the ice river clans have to be freakin cannibels?

Seems I'm the only one who just can't like her. Whenever a Daenerys-scene comes, I can only think ''BRING BACK THE OTHERSSSS.'' Didn't miss her in Episode 2 either. Though no one can deny the improvement of Show-Daenerys. Last season she was all ''I am this and this and this, so Imma be Queen of Westeros''. Blaaah.

No, you're not. I still dislike Dany, and her entire arc, both books, and show. I still think Emilia is wooden and emotionally a 2-gear actress. And I must be the only one who hated the Dracarys scene in the books. It struck as so bloody contrived and credulity straining, that I'm only interested in seeing if the show can improve on it.

No, you're not. I still dislike Dany, and her entire arc, both books, and show. I still think Emilia is wooden and emotionally a 2-gear actress. And I must be the only one who hated the Dracarys scene in the books. It struck as so bloody contrived and credulity straining, that I'm only interested in seeing if the show can improve on it.

She is a two gear actress, but Dany basically only has two gears: steely 'I will take what is mine with fire and blood' determination or some variation of dreamy sadness. That's why she stumbled, I thought last season, because neither of the two gears really worked for her situation in Qarth so her performance came off as unconvincing.

Archived