[Possible Spoliers] The Improvement of show Dany

Mulled Wino

Yes, this season the Essos scenes are much better than last season's Qarth. I am not a fan of the aged up Missandei, but Jorah and Barristan work very well and Dany has toned down the "I will take ... " screaming, so that is good. She feels much more natural and mature.

Also, I liked the inclusion of Jorah's sentence about Rhaegar.

I'm very happy with Dany's story this season, it's been refreshing to see her on screen once again. So incredibly disappointed with the story given to her last season where she does nothing but threaten to burn everyone who doesn't give her what she wants and the awful dragonnapping storyline. I had a positive feeling about her story arc this season within a few seconds of seeing the dragons and ship and haven't been disappointed so far. Really hoping her character continues to get the credit it is due.

I'm not sure why its been fast forward so much because it could have easily been aligned with the book. AKA, having the whole arstan mystery included and belwas. And then they could have had Dany's chapters at the end of ASOS at the end of HBO's season 3, therefore making the season finale even more epic rather than just fast forwarding it so much

I so disagree here. Having Arstan storyline would have been awful for this medium. We all know who he is. WE CAN SEE HIM.

Dany's story last season was awful. It's because they made her look like a spoiled brat running around threatening to burn everyone, and the ridiculous kidnapping of the dragons. And they gave her the worst cheesy lines. During the entire season I kept saying "Well, they will make up for this with the HotU"... nope! To add insult to injury they butchered that too (even though I did love seeing Jason Momoa again! They could bring him back every season finale and I wouldn't question it or complain at all!). They left out all her cool important visions. I watched it with my bf and his friends who don't read the books and during the entire season I kept saying "Wait til you see the house of the undying it's gonna be great!" and when it happened they were like "Well you overhyped that!"

Also, the characters in Astapor are great! Kraznys is slimy and despicable to the point that it's hilarious, I'm glad they skipped the Arstan thing (as much as I liked it in the books, it would not have translated well on screen.. I do wonder what will happen though to cause the walk in the sewers now though) and Missandei is gorgeous! And I love her dress and would wear it everyday! To the supermarket, the mall, to concerts, all day everyday!

People saying that they are not a fan of aged up Missandei are missing one factor. The show killed off all Dany's handmaidens. There's one particular scene that involves Dany and a handmaiden that I'm 100% positive they will include in the show, and if they kept Missandei's original age, that would be messed up!

I love the aged up Missandei, she is hot! So looking forward to Dany's arc this season! I can't freaking wait for Daario!

I really like the "If I look back I am lost" thing. How can you hate that :D

Its like hating Theons "Reek Reek it ryme with Weak" Or "You know Nothing Jon Snow" :)

I like those. They must remember who they really are.

I agree that S3 Dany is way better than S2 Dany. The showrunners must have realized that they messed up last season, so they're trying to make up for this season. The forum is dark and full of angry posters. They must remember it, or they will learn it to their sorrow. :P

I love what they're doing with her. She's one cool chick.

D&D are clearly playing Dany as the champ and Stannis the chump. As a book reader I don't love that, but I can't fault them for making Dany awesome.

We'll see if they can save her next season or two.

Seems I'm the only one who just can't like her. Whenever a Daenerys-scene comes, I can only think ''BRING BACK THE OTHERSSSS.'' Didn't miss her in Episode 2 either. Though no one can deny the improvement of Show-Daenerys. Last season she was all ''I am this and this and this, so Imma be Queen of Westeros''. Blaaah.

No, you're not the only one. I totally agree.

I love what they're doing with her. She's one cool chick.

D&D are clearly playing Dany as the champ and Stannis the chump. As a book reader I don't love that, but I can't fault them for making Dany awesome.

We'll see if they can save her next season or two.

I dont love it either, but im getting over it. I dont mind rooting for the villain.

I so disagree here. Having Arstan storyline would have been awful for this medium. We all know who he is. WE CAN SEE HIM.

True. It's so weird how many readers get upset because they didn't do a "select all" "paste" regarding the adaptation. It doesn't work, and it'd be boring. The only way they could have hidden the actor in Whitebeard would be to make him look like Santa Claus with thick robes on to hide his build. Completely comical and worthless if they did that. I least in the books Dany never met the Kingsguard while Mormont couldn't put his finger on WB and it nagged at him. The audience would be too fresh with the memory of Selmy.

And I notice we're going through the exact same criticism with an HBO show. "The first few episodes are slow but hopefully they'll pick up." It's strange how many people misunderstand HBO's format for drama.

True. It's so weird how many readers get upset because they didn't do a "select all" "paste" regarding the adaptation. It doesn't work, and it'd be boring. The only way they could have hidden the actor in Whitebeard would be to make him look like Santa Claus with thick robes on to hide his build. Completely comical and worthless if they did that. I least in the books Dany never met the Kingsguard while Mormont couldn't put his finger on WB and it nagged at him. The audience would be too fresh with the memory of Selmy.

Definitely. Can you imagine? Also, the Barristan reveal straight away was so much cooler!

Her storyline is by far the highlight this year, and it looks like it will get even better.

The writing is still not 100% right for her character, though. I'm looking forward to seeing how GRRM writes her in his episode.

Dany and Jaime/Brienne scenes have been my favourites so far this season :)

I'm also looking forward to the GRRM episode! I really do like Clarke as Dany. And it would be nice for her to get some ace material.

And I notice we're going through the exact same criticism with an HBO show. "The first few episodes are slow but hopefully they'll pick up." It's strange how many people misunderstand HBO's format for drama.

sure, but its easy to worry after season two when they forgot to pick it up

I like show Dany in general better than book Dany. She was my favorite storyline in season one, kinda meh in season two, and pretty cool in season three.

I can't stand book Dany, I feel like she showed a lot of promise and growth in book one, then actually regressed as a character as the series went on.

Another likeable thing about show Dany, is we don't have to be inside her head while she moons over Daario or says "if I look back I am lost" 3,000 times.

That is an improvement !

Well all the action takes place at Wall and in the East .

BIg action that is. The travels-with are of equal fun.

Dany and Jaime/Brienne scenes have been my favourites so far this season :)

I'm also looking forward to the GRRM episode! I really do like Clarke as Dany. And it would be nice for her to get some ace material.

Yeah the Jaime/Brienne scenes have been great too. I like a lot of the scenes so far this season, actually - even Jon's scenes (although I don't think they're being handled right). Tyrion has been given far too much screentime, however, especially considering that he has done nothing of any purpose so far. His only important scenes were the ones with Tywin and the small council.

I hope Dany is in Bryan Cogman's episode too - he's probably the closest the writing staff have to a "book purist". I think Clarke is a great Dany too - but she does best when the writing is lifted from the book. And I think she will be far better once Dany has an army; the scenes in the trailers with Dany marching at the head of the Unsullied look fantastic.

They've reduced Tyrion to some sort of comedy relief in King's Landing, yucking it up with Bronn over irrelevant matters. All the other characters seem to be doing a travel log without much story movement, thus, Dany's has been the most compelling in my view thus far in season three. I do think the locale in season three is a vast improvement for Dany, as well as her outfits. Her scenes are very cinematic.

Yeah the Jaime/Brienne scenes have been great too. I like a lot of the scenes so far this season, actually - even Jon's scenes (although I don't think they're being handled right). Tyrion has been given far too much screentime, however, especially considering that he has done nothing of any purpose so far. His only important scenes were the ones with Tywin and the small council.

I hope Dany is in Bryan Cogman's episode too - he's probably the closest the writing staff have to a "book purist". I think Clarke is a great Dany too - but she does best when the writing is lifted from the book. And I think she will be far better once Dany has an army; the scenes in the trailers with Dany marching at the head of the Unsullied look fantastic.

I've very much enjoyed the three first episodes so far. I agree with Tyrion. He actually has the most screen time of all the characters I think? And you're right, he hasn't even really done anything yet.

Yes, I think the same goes with most actors, even though Dance is great in all his scenes, he was especially amazing in that Tyrion Casterly Rock scene lifted almost directly from the book.

I agree, those scenes looked SO COOL in the trailers. :)

Archived