[Possible Spoliers] The Improvement of show Dany

Mulled Wino

I so disagree here. Having Arstan storyline would have been awful for this medium. We all know who he is. WE CAN SEE HIM.

I'm not too bothered by the change and I can understand the reasoning, but there would still be the whole mystery of why Barristan is hiding his identity. Can he be trusted? And then of course it is his unveiling which very neatly leads into the reveal of Jorah's betrayal (which incidentally is a great example of a reveal that the audience already knew but is dramatic nonetheless.). They'll have to work out something else for the show and I fear it may not be as impactful.

Her storyline is by far the highlight this year, and it looks like it will get even better.

The writing is still not 100% right for her character, though. I'm looking forward to seeing how GRRM writes her in his episode.

You say this like there are other characters that are 100% right. There are none, but I'd say Jamie is probably closest.

I'm not too bothered by the change and I can understand the reasoning, but there would still be the whole mystery of why Barristan is hiding his identity. Can he be trusted? And then of course it is his unveiling which very neatly leads into the reveal of Jorah's betrayal (which incidentally is a great example of a reveal that the audience already knew but is dramatic nonetheless.). They'll have to work out something else for the show and I fear it may not be as impactful.

What bothers me a little is that Jorah and Dany do not really have the relationship they have in the books, they don't seem as close for some reason, so I don't think the treason reveal will have as much impact.

Danny's storyline is one of the highlights of the season so far along with Brienne and Jaime.

They really are doing well with the scenes in Astapor. I'm really looking forward to how her storyline is being developed in this season.

Also they have really done well in making the slavers just not see the betrayal coming. Their arrogance and complete sidelining of her intellect really strengthens the reasons why they didn't see her taking attack coming. Actually can't wait for next week's episode to see her take Astapor.

D & D really tightened up the whole Day storyline this year. I know Qarth was a tough translation to the screen, but IMO they are making up for it. Dany is projecting strength and is once again someone I could see as blood of the dragon. Her pokerface with the Ghisari is fantastic and her dressing down of Barristan and Mormot was excellent.

For the first time in any single book or season of Game of Thrones I find myself looking forward to Dany's scenes over any other one.

So agree with this. She is my favourite storyline this year, they are doing her really well.

What bothers me a little is that Jorah and Dany do not really have the relationship they have in the books, they don't seem as close for some reason, so I don't think the treason reveal will have as much impact.

I don't know. I think the betrayal will still be shocking, but I really like the way they are introducing Jorah being jealous of anyone else being in her life other than him, with his slight hostility to Selmy.

Danny's storyline is one of the highlights of the season so far along with Brienne and Jaime.

They really are doing well with the scenes in Astapor. I'm really looking forward to how her storyline is being developed in this season.

Also they have really done well in making the slavers just not see the betrayal coming. Their arrogance and complete sidelining of her intellect really strengthens the reasons why they didn't see her taking attack coming. Actually can't wait for next week's episode to see her take Astapor.

Loved seeing all of their faces this week. I'll enjoy the before and after with my dvr next week.

Loved seeing all of their faces this week. I'll enjoy the before and after with my dvr next week.

The guy who plays the head slaver is wonderfully obnoxious. I really think it will be a great moment to see his reaction to her turning on them.

I don't know. I think the betrayal will still be shocking, but I really like the way they are introducing Jorah being jealous of anyone else being in her life other than him, with his slight hostility to Selmy.

Book Jorah has a tendecy of touching Dany "innocently", they should theow that in. Maybehave Dany give him the "back thr eff up" stare.

The guy who plays the head slaver is wonderfully obnoxious. I really think it will be a great moment to see his reaction to her turning on them.

Some none readers at a deli I frequent today were going on and on about how they cant believe Dany's going to give up one of her dragons.

Some none readers at a deli I frequent today were going on and on about how they cant believe Dany's going to give up one of her dragons.

It will be ace. My other half guessed she turn on them, but only because the promo shot for next week had a glimpse of Dany, her army and 3 Dragons.

Having Arstan storyline would have been awful for this medium. We all know who he is. WE CAN SEE HIM.

True. It's so weird how many readers get upset because they didn't do a "select all" "paste" regarding the adaptation. It doesn't work, and it'd be boring. The only way they could have hidden the actor in Whitebeard would be to make him look like Santa Claus with thick robes on to hide his build. Completely comical and worthless if they did that. I least in the books Dany never met the Kingsguard while Mormont couldn't put his finger on WB and it nagged at him. The audience would be too fresh with the memory of Selmy.

While dumping the Whitebeard sub-plot doesn’t look as a mistake – for now, at least – it doesn’t mean that sticking closer to the books would be bad. Yes, majority of the audience would recognize Ser Barristan: so what? As long as Daenerys doesn’t know who he is, everything can work so well.

When the audience knows more than the characters do, it can create a really tense atmosphere, since the audience anticipates what’s going to happen once the secret is revealed. It’s called suspense, and Hitchcock used it to no end in his film, more than half a century ago. I guess it would’ve work just fine in GoT.

Trying to hide Arstan’s true identity from viewers would’ve been stupid, of course, but there’s more than one solution to that problem. The one they chose is a legitimate one, for sure, but I’m a little sorry they didn’t went for the suspense. Maybe it would be hard to sell it for too many episodes, because suspense can break if overstretched, but I figure it could hold on for 3-4 weeks, and it would’ve been an interesting refreshment in the perpetual shock-therapy.

Only now I saw your post, and realized mine is saying the very same thing.

Book Jorah has a tendecy of touching Dany "innocently", they should theow that in. Maybehave Dany give him the "back thr eff up" stare.

Haha. Book Jorah is really a major creeper, it didn't annoy me at all when he was sent away like it did some people.

You get glimpses of it with Iain Glen Jorah from time to time but otherwise he's a lot more likeable. I can see people going "Wait why is Dany sending the handsome mentor figure away??"

Haha. Book Jorah is really a major creeper, it didn't annoy me at all when he was sent away like it did some people.

You get glimpses of it with Iain Glen Jorah from time to time but otherwise he's a lot more likeable. I can see people going "Wait why is Dany sending the handsome mentor figure away??"

Yeah, I think that's one of the problems with Iain. He's fantastic as Jorah and I love him in the role. But Dany's exiling him would be easier for viewers to swallow if he were ugly. Sad but true. I find him very pretty, Emilia too, and I like them on the show together. Hopefully they can just make him a jealous asshole and then it will make sense.

Same. I really dislike book Jorah but I love Glen haha it's so CONFUSING

Archived