[Possible Spoliers] The Improvement of show Dany

Mulled Wino

But he was awful in season one, too. Maybe it's because Jon doesn't have any big "wow" moments, but Kit's portrayal has been consistently underwhelming.

I think it's mostly because he has about two facial expressions : gormless and slightly gormless

It's possible the writers are just building Jon up for a big transformation. If not, well then the character is pretty much butchered. No one's gonna buy him becoming Lord Commander with the way he currently acts.

The funny thing is Kit Harington seems alright and more like Jon in real life than he does in the show :lol:

It's possible the writers are just building Jon up for a big transformation. If not, well then the character is pretty much butchered. No one's gonna buy him becoming Lord Commander with the way he currently acts.

The funny thing is Kit Harington seems alright and more like Jon in real life than he does in the show :lol:

I made a thread on it last season and was directed to some quotes from him that show his views on Jon Snow and his motivations were just way off, and called him stupid.

Im on a phone, but here's the url.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/67005-book-spoilers-the-countinuing-emasculation-of-jon-snow/#entry3222005

Here's the quotes:

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/67203454.html

I'm ambivalent towards him and his performance but Kit seems like a really cool dude irl, my mate ran into him at a video store and got a picture/autograph and got to talk with him a little bit. If nothing else he's a big hit with the ladies in our group, haha.

Well, one wonders, sometimes I have this feeling that D&D have a concept for a character and give instructions to stay in that character.

Like our favorite Red Woman, that actress is a pro and has more range than appears on the screen... it's odd.

So of the old vets and high talent actors , if given such orders, must not obey them.

It's an old story in the history of movies.

Something seems out of whack between Kit and Jon!

Show Dany is definitely more fierce this season.

I'm very much looking forward to the next episode. It's such a big moment though, so I hope her storyline doesn't start to fizzle down afterwards.

And people are railing on Kit already? He's had maybe a total of ten minutes of screen time this season so far. Though I kind of feel that everything beyond the wall has been kind of underwhelming this season.

Yes, Iain Glen is way too handsome to be playing Jorah :). In the few scenes they've actually done of him trying to cozy up to Dany, it was not convincing to me that she would be all "eww, gross!" Sure, he's older, but come on!

lol it so annoys me to be attracted to JORAH ugh, he's so irritating in the books haha.

Yes, Iain Glen is way too handsome to be playing Jorah :). In the few scenes they've actually done of him trying to cozy up to Dany, it was not convincing to me that she would be all "eww, gross!" Sure, he's older, but come on!

I was sitting there like "KISSSSSS DAMN YOU" during some of the Qarth scenes, age gap be damned. When

he kissed her in the books I was actually excited because I still had my blinders on from the show, as it were.

The show makes it hard to remember that he's a creep, what with that sexy yellow shirt and his dirty scruffs.

I actually have quite enjoyed Dany's scenes this season. I don't think they've been the "best" (that goes to Jaime/Brienne for me), but they're more intriguing than last year's mess of a storyline. I'm really digging where I think this season is going to go for her, Jorah and Selmy, especially if/when we get to see the two old knights battle in Yunkai. The only line I didn't like was "But we are not men". A little too forced and cheesy for my liking. Anyways.

Definitely impressed so far, but we'll see. I just don't like Dany's character in the books, and doubt the show will change that, but I like her scenes, the locales and her supports.

-but she does best when the writing is lifted from the book.

Actually I think that goes for all the scenes in the show so far. There aren't many invented scenes that don't seem 'off' somehow. Some work really well but a lot don't. I have heard show watchers saying as much "That scene with 'X' in it seemed different somehow.."

I'd argue that that is the problem with all of Ros's scenes. The actor doesn't have the book, or advisers who know the book, to fall back to for advice as to how the scene should be played out.

We're talking about some of Dany's best material here, of course the scenes are good. It won't change how dull she was during Season 2 (probably Meereen too).

She was dull in 2, and is good now, yes. That is the point of the thread. To discuss improvement. No need to be a wet blanket and complain about things that haven't happened yet.

Book Dany essentially was marking time a lot as events unfolded in Westeros, and I think it weakened her character. The need for the show to condense/omit some things in the interest of time should result in less filler, and more focus. That should help.

Kit Harrington...I found book Jon pretty obnoxious/immature much of the time, so I actually think they're doing a pretty good job with him so far.

Archived