[No spoilers] The end credits song - Official poll?

Morrigan

I thought it was great. Totally jarring, vicious. Chop. Scream. Rock. Over. Great stuff.

Agreed, it had the perfect effect for me, utterly chaotic rendition of the earlier "nicey nicey" folk version that Bolton's men had been singing.

At first I hated the song. It made me "realize" I was watching a tv show. Then, I thought that it was played during the credits, which, as others have pointed out, show you the name of cameramen and so on. And last, I realized that was the only way to make it sound as if a dozen drunk men were singing it out loud in a tavern, joifully, and noisily. Dropkick Murpys-like, but without accordions.

Now I think it is a piece of art.

The musical tone was all wrong for it to be an artful juxtaposition.

If they wanted that, they should have gone with a soft melodic version of the Jenny of Oldstones song. That would have been jarring - and the juxtaposition would have been complementary.

On my initial viewing I was like WTF? I was still in "poor Jaime" mode and the chop came so quick. But having seen it again I've changed my opinion - I really love the song and it's jarring pull back. Modern classic call imo. Going to have to get the song when it comes out.

I think silence or something somber over the credits would be too sympathetic to Jaime.

I don't think it would be a bad thing to promote being sympathetic to Jaime. He had just saved Brienne from a terrible fate, would it be too much to try and make the audience sympathetic by just having regular closing music?

I mean....ehhhh. The song is fun and all, but I feel like in that context it was a wrong move. I would have rather liked a generic somber tone at the end or something like that. I think it's great that they're re-creating songs from ASoIaF, but I didn't like having THAT rendition of ABatMF after THAT scene.

I thought it was a mistake and it was total mood whiplash. I like the song on its own but god no, not at the end of THAT episode, right after Jaime - one of the best swords in the world by repute - loses his swordhand after trying to help Brienne, his first act of selflessness on the show. Stupid stupid stupid.

I thought it was really ill suited for this episode at least, it was too upbeat and almost happy when the last scene wasn't.

Ah but it was a happy scene for the fans who have not read the books, A lot of my friends saw it like that anyway. In the series so far he has bonked his sister,thrown a child from a wall and killed a relative.

Archived