[Book Spoilers] Hot Pie and the inn

Wait what?

I thought the comment was about how this is where The Hound killed her friend she was dueling with (the butcher's son) in Season 1

Yup. That she was referring to Mycah was my initial thought as well.

I just loved the fact that Arya's last words to Hot Pie were simple but deeply meaningful words of appreciation for his art.

Ditto. It was such a great moment. I never liked Hot Pie thatmuch in the books, but that pull-away shot of him at the inn did give me the tiniest bit of a lump in my throat.

I'll bet Hot Pie will be killed when Arya and the Hound pass by.

Arya hears about Bran and Rickon with the BwB, her mother and Robb later on, then even Hot Pie dies in front of her, triggering her to finally leave Westeros. Maybe she will even see Mel drag off Gendry, though I guess him abandoning her to stay with BwB before Mel arrives works as well.

That inn is just the worst. It really does have a fascinatingly bloody history, beginning way back in the first book.

Poor Hot Pie, I could definitely see him being killed to make Arya's big moment even more intense.

If so:

RIP, Hot Pie. You'll be making ugly bread wolves and robbing minstrels with the angels~.

I think it was about killing Mycah, and it was a really good reference so that the viewers later will understand what Arya is speaking of when she accuses Sandor of killing Mycah in the trial against Beric, for the viewers who forgot.

I also loved the scene, Hot Pie was so adorable this time.

I love your avatar. :lol:

Anyone noticed Arya's remark ("You remember the last time you were here?") towards Sandor implying that Hot Pie stayed at the Crossroad Inn instead of the Inn of the Kneeling Man? Will he still be present when Arya and Sandor return for their fight against Polliver and his men? Maybe he will be killed by one of them causing Arya rage stabbing his murderer(instead of the Tickler).

This is what I'm thinking as well. There's no Tickler around, and Arya's already had her revenge against the torturers at Harrenhal. So what's going to replace her "Is there GOLD in the village" rant? I'm afraid that this touching little goodbye scene means she'll be yelling "Hot Pie! HOT PIE!" instead as she avenges her friend.

But that really only works if they put it at the end of this season (last episode, probably) to keep him fresh in people's minds.

I was upset when Hot Pie stayed behind. In the book I did not care as much, but in the show...ah, I will miss Hot Pie. If OP is right I will be looking forward to seeing Hot Pie's return.

Same here. Hot Pie is a minor, forgettable character in the books. In the show, he's become a loveable sidekick.

Arya will certainly play a role in the Hound's future duel with Beric/ or Thoros. Adding Mycah's murder to his list of crimes.

This is what I'm thinking as well. There's no Tickler around, and Arya's already had her revenge against the torturers at Harrenhal. So what's going to replace her "Is there GOLD in the village" rant?

The "Is there gold in the village?" thing as she stabs him was my favorite part of the entire scene. I'll miss it.

I love your avatar. :lol:

Oh why thank you! I knew the wolfbread needed to be immortalized.

I'll bet Hot Pie will be killed when Arya and the Hound pass by.

Does Hot Pie resurface in the books? I can't remember if we see him again or not. I hope Hot Pie resurfaces in the show. He's good comic relief and an enjoyable character. Hopefully Gendry will end up back at the in and we will see him and Hot Pie together.

i cant remember where, but i read an interview with grrm where he sais that Hot Pie will make a return in futire books.

so he getting killed in the hound/arya scene wouldnt be good.

Hot Pie was great IMO because he was a really funny, silly character that complimented the Arya & Gendry dynamic well but he still had his little moments of what you could almost call casual sociopathy, like how gung-ho he was to rob Thoros when he thought he was just a traveling minstrel. To me it's a subtle bit of world-building wrapped up in a character that demonstrates, hey, pretty much every single commoner leads an incredibly terrible existence at the moment and that sort of dog-eat-dog violence is even a part of a comic relief character's life

OR MAYBE I'M JUST READING TOO MUCH INTO IT because I'm a dork. You know, either or

i cant remember where, but i read an interview with grrm where he sais that Hot Pie will make a return in futire books.

That's great. Hopefully they follow Grmm on this storyline and don't kill Hot Pie. Would love to see him again.

I think it's one of those scenarios where D&D are changing the story a bit based on what they know from GRRM to be the ending of the series. Specifically, since Hot Pie is Azor Ahai, he'll be present when Arya and the Hound kill the Mountain's dudes at the Inn in order to keep the actor involved one more time before he resurfaces in the later seasons that track ADOS.

Gendry's last words to Hot Pie made me chuckle. "Don't burn your fingers."

It's kinda foreshadowing.

Gendry is the one that needs to be careful not to burn his fingers and Hot Pie is the one that should be careful to "not be killed in there"

That's great. Hopefully they follow Grmm on this storyline and don't kill Hot Pie. Would love to see him again.

Tell that to Mago, Rakharo, Irri, and Jhiqui. >.>

I just loved the fact that Arya's last words to Hot Pie were simple but deeply meaningful words of appreciation for his art.

I also loved Maisie's delivery of that line. Her tone contains a hint that she is on the verge of crying. I think I finished the crying part for her, especially after seeing the last shot of Hot Pie.

Oooor maybe Hot Pie will take a level in badass. Arya and the Hound are fighting, she's stabbed at the squire and trying to get to the last fighter standing, except oh shit squire didn't go down. And suddenly, Hot Pie is there, slitting his throat with a bread knife!

But in all seriousness, it was a great scene. The cutest part for me was "is that the tail?" I like that Arya has moments to still be a kid.

Random, but I thought he was giving her a pastry. It looked like it had those white stripey sweet things on it. Or maybe it's just special Hot Pie breakfast bread.

Archived