[Book Spoilers] Starks of Winterhell

Lol if you really think all thats gonna happen in season 3. The show will also not be cought up with the book after next season. George already said most of next season is from aSoS. aFfC and the first half of aDwD that runs parallel with it could be 2 seasons before even getting to the second half of aDwD.

End of season three:

- Aftermath of RW; people of the 7 kingdoms learn of the RW. The War is pretty much over.

- We briefly see Arya and The Hound, just so that viewers know that Arya is alive.

- Jon has defended the Wall from Tormund and co... Ygritte is dead. The last scene we see of the wall is the giant fire Mance said he'd light, which means the Battle at the Wall will be at the beginning of Season 4.

- Dany, with her Unsullied, makes her way to the other Slaver cities.

- Sansa, now married to Tyrion, remains in KL. I'm guessing the PW will happen in Season 4 so Tyrion is still doing his thing.

Completely unrealistic expectations. More likely something like:

Tyrion and Sansa very uncomfortably married, especially after Sansa hears about the RW. Tywin still alive and in charge, trying to marry off Cersei - if only somebody would have her. Plans being made for Joffrey's wedding.

Robb and Catelyn dead. Possible introduction of Lady Stoneheart, but that's far from certain. Arya either on the run with the Hound, or leaving him in the dust after the fight at the inn.

Jon probably at Castle Black, with Ygritte dying in the last episode. Bran and company perhaps on the north side, perhaps not. Presumably Rickon will have been sent off in a different direction. Theon (re)captured and in the process of being tortured and flayed.

Dany probably takes Yunkai in the last episode.

Season 4 will have the PW, Meereen, introduction of the Martells, Stannis at the Wall, and Jon becoming LC.

A lot of your predictions suggest the season will end at the end of the book. That won't happen. There's no way Tyrion for example will be on his way to Illyrio, or that Mel will be at the wall. The season will end after the Red and Purple Weddings (this week's episode practically sealed the PW being in this season), the first battle at the wall, and the taking of Yunkai. Probably UnCat as well, whose reveal I think would make for a great final scene.

The guy who plays Pycelle already leaked Tywin's death, so my guess is Tyrion uses Joff's crossbow to kill Tywin this season, and his trial next season will be for killing his father, not his nephew.

A big change, I know, but it makes sense for the show runners: Joff will be around for season 4 as he is a fan favourite, whereas I imagine Charles Dance costs a lot more and if they move his death forwards, why the hell not. Also makes a logical end to Tyrion's arc...

The guy who plays Pycelle already leaked Tywin's death, so my guess is Tyrion uses Joff's crossbow to kill Tywin this season, and his trial next season will be for killing his father, not his nephew.

A big change, I know, but it makes sense for the show runners: Joff will be around for season 4 as he is a fan favourite, whereas I imagine Charles Dance costs a lot more and if they move his death forwards, why the hell not. Also makes a logical end to Tyrion's arc...

He hasn't. I watched the interview with him, he's talking about the book death. I think in another interview charle's implied he's waiting for his death scene next year.

Charles Dance has apparently read some of his script for season 4, so if this is true, he probably doesn't die this season. Unless he plays a different character next season.

Now that sounds stupid, doesn't it?

Charles Dance has apparently read some of his script for season 4, so if this is true, he probably doesn't die this season. Unless he plays a different character next season.

Now that sounds stupid, doesn't it?

I hope so, I want more of Charles Dance!

You are going to get very disapointed when you realize that SOS was split in half and the third is the first half of the book, which will end with Dany in Meereen and the aftermath of the red wedding (probably Un-Cat for season 4)

I agree, except for Uncat: I think the title of the last episode of the series (Mhysa=mother) is about her

:agree:

Knew I should have let it go at :bang:

But seriously now, there is no time for all of that in the next 7 episodes.

thank you for going into more detail it is much appreciated... i think that the trial will be cut out (i DONT want it cut out but i just think it will be). Tyrion will kill Tywin with joff's crossbow this season (as well as strangle shae)! so that means he is on a boat towards mopatis by end of episode 10.

if the show continues in popularity how many seasons are you predicting? no matter how great the show is doing hbo will limit the series to at most 6 if we are lucky 7 seasons. to allow time for GRRM to finish books and fit it into the show. WE CANT HAVE EVERYTHING so the pacing of the show must be sped up & the story MUST be altered to fit tv viewers. most people want everything to happen straight from the books without any deviation & that would put the show at like 11+ seasons which is impossible.

its not happening. Its already been confirmed by D&D and GRRM that Season 3 is only half of SOS.

feel free to post a link to said quote of D&D & GRRM where they explictly descibe how much of ASoS season 3 will cover. im really getting bothered by people saying that the Royal/Purple wedding is season 4 stuff. you think they started mentioning it in s02e10 only to push it into season 4? not loigical & too much foreshadowing that it will happen soon... season 3 will end most if not all ASoS storylines

A Feast for Crows picks up the tale where A Storm of Swords left off and runs simultaneously with events in the following novel, A Dance with Dragons. The War of the Five Kings seems to be winding down. Robb Stark, Joffrey Baratheon, Renly Baratheon and Balon Greyjoy are dead. King Stannis Baratheon has fled to the Wall, where Jon Snow has become Lord Commander. King Tommen Baratheon, Joffrey's eight-year-old brother, now rules in King's Landing under the watchful eye of his mother, the Queen Regent Cersei Lannister. Lord Tywin Lannister is dead, murdered by his son Tyrion in his flight from the city. Sansa Stark is in hiding in the Vale, protected by Petyr Baelish who has murdered his wife Lysa Arryn and named himself Protector of the Vale and guardian of eight-year-old Lord Robert Arryn.

while not exactly true to show that sounds like a description of season 4 after THIS current seasons events take place. you make AFFC & ADWD as one season like the should be. You intro Martells, Greyjoys & Aegon because so many people will be dead by end of this season.

if the show continues in popularity how many seasons are you predicting? no matter how great the show is doing hbo will limit the series to at most 6 if we are lucky 7 seasons. to allow time for GRRM to finish books and fit it into the show. WE CANT HAVE EVERYTHING so the pacing of the show must be sped up & the story MUST be altered to fit tv viewers. most people want everything to happen straight from the books without any deviation & that would put the show at like 11+ seasons which is impossible.

the books will not be close to finished by the time the show wraps. my prediction is 7 seasons. 3 and 4 mostly asos, 5 and 6 are affc/dwd with say 2-5 episodes at the end of 6 being post adwd. then season 7 they put their own end on the story. i could see 8 as well.

in either case, it ends before book 6 comes out

the books will not be close to finished by the time the show wraps. my prediction is 7 seasons. 3 and 4 mostly asos, 5 and 6 are affc/dwd with say 2-5 episodes at the end of 6 being post adwd. then season 7 they put their own end on the story. i could see 8 as well.

in either case, it ends before book 6 comes out

not sure you are right about that... so Winds of Winter will most likely be released sometime before season 4 in 2014. that means if D/D&GRRM do it right season 5 in 2015 or season 6 in 2016 will cover WoW & by 2017/2018 we should have a Dream of Spring & its up in the air how they choose to finish it (ive heard whispers of a hbo/grrm/D&D full length feature movie for dream of spring or was that the false spring?). but that is pushing it as the show might decline in popularity... OR it might become the most watched/critically aclaimed show HBO has ever had & we get everything we want

feel free to post a link to said quote of D&D & GRRM where they explictly descibe how much of ASoS season 3 will cover.

Straight from GRRM himself on his not a blog

"Most of season four will be drawn from the third book, A STORM OF SWORDS, though some material from the fourth and fifth books may be added. Books four and five, remember, take place simultaneously, not sequentially."

http://grrm.livejournal.com/318880.html?thread=17548704#t17548704

I think they are building the PW for this season. Out of necessity, it has to be episode 10, as it's after the RW. However, I think it will end with Joffrey being, ahem, patted in the back. That creates a cliffhanger for Tyrion and Sansa. And Oberyn won't be there - they won't introduce the character so late in the season

I also hope they get to show a bit about Nymeria. The show confirmed Bran is a warg, hinted Robb is as well and it's likely to suggest Jon is another. Nymeria, besides establishing Arya's anchor, can also hint Arya is a warg. We won't get to see a parallel to Arya wondering where is the village's gold this season, though, and I wonder how and if they'll show something like that. I think Arya will show her iron coin by the beginnings of next season - since her stay across the pond isn't linked to the rest of the stories, I'm not sure how much they can stretch it in the show

I also hope they get to show a bit about Nymeria. The show confirmed Bran is a warg, hinted Robb is as well and it's likely to suggest Jon is another. Nymeria, besides establishing Arya's anchor, can also hint Arya is a warg. We won't get to see a parallel to Arya wondering where is the village's gold this season, though, and I wonder how and if they'll show something like that. I think Arya will show her iron coin by the beginnings of next season - since her stay across the pond isn't linked to the rest of the stories, I'm not sure how much they can stretch it in the show

i hope you are right about this. the show has gotta start explaining more magic & the stark children being wargs is important to the overall song of ice & fire

@ vis: so what are your cliffhangers for joff tywin tyrion?

Straight from GRRM himself on his not a blog

"Most of season four will be drawn from the third book, A STORM OF SWORDS, though some material from the fourth and fifth books may be added. Books four and five, remember, take place simultaneously, not sequentially."

http://grrm.livejour...48704#t17548704

there is no doubt in my mind that he said it thanks for the link. but why would he say this? seems like false whispers to me

Archived