[Book Spoliers] Tormund Giantsbane

Castle Black

Is anyone else worried about how the show is portraying Tormund Giantsbane? For some reason, Mance is sending him over the wall with Jon and company to invade Castle Black. In the novels, Tormund stays with Mance behind the wall. It seems as if they are replacing Tormund with Styr the Magnar, who dies storming Castle Black from the South after scaling the wall. Obviously, Tormund still has a big role to play as he is alive at the end of ADWD. SO I'm thinking that instead to Tormund will simply get captured by the Night's Watch and eventually becoming friendly with them after spending time at Castle Black. If he dies at Castle Black that is not a good sign for him in TWOW and ADOS. Thoughts?

Is anyone else worried about how the show is portraying Tormund Giantsbane? For some reason, Mance is sending him over the wall with Jon and company to invade Castle Black. In the novels, Tormund stays with Mance behind the wall. It seems as if they are replacing Tormund with Styr the Magnar, who dies storming Castle Black from the South after scaling the wall. Obviously, Tormund still has a big role to play as he is alive at the end of ADWD. SO I'm thinking that instead to Tormund will simply get captured by the Night's Watch and eventually becoming friendly with them after spending time at Castle Black. If he dies at Castle Black that is not a good sign for him in TWOW and ADOS. Thoughts?

I think they are making him blend with Styr. After the Battle, he is probably taken captive and will be freed once Jon becomes Lord Commander and pick up his role as in the books as a main captain of the Wildlings at Castle Black.

Tormund is much less "fun" in the show, but we also haven't seen all that much of him. He seems to have a darker personality (like all the Wildlings) but I have hope that he'll get some more exposition and we'll get a few good "HAR!" 's in

They can still save Tormund.

Picture it. Tormund: Sternest dude you've ever seen, climbs the wall. He turns to his Wildling folk, with a close up on his stern face: Revealing his sterness.

Then he drops his drawers and the Wildlings climb his Member to safety.

Yeah I definitely think most of the wildings who scale the wall and invade castle black will perish, but Tormund will survive and get captured. Once Jon gets elected LC he will free him and they will in turn develop a friendship. Definitely not happy with no Val as of yet.

There's a conspicuous lack of members and HARs but there's soo much time to build him up as a funny badass, it makes sense that he would only open up to the weird new crow over time and not immediately.

As a replacement for the Magnar he hopefully won't die, but I don't think he will. They can write around that easily enough,

I watched a video where the actors describe Jon and Tormund sort of developing a friendship, so I think they will make him gradually more likable, but perhaps less funny/ridiculous than GRRM wrote him. He needs to mention his member at least once!

Saw that too, said they are going to develop a friendship and he is going to protect Jon from Orell

They can still save Tormund.

Picture it. Tormund: Sternest dude you've ever seen, climbs the wall. He turns to his Wildling folk, with a close up on his stern face: Revealing his sterness.

Then he drops his drawers and the Wildlings climb his Member to safety.

Lol.

I'm worried about Tormund too. Now that he isn't going to be with Mance, he won't have anyone else to play "who can stare at Jon more intensely" with. It's just not as much fun doing all the intense stares by yourself. Poor Tormund.

I am worried that purists have no fuckin clue what the word ADAPTATION means.

At this point the wildlings are the enemy as far as a normal TV audience is concerned, therefore they will be portrayed as such. Give it time. I'm sure there are more important things in life to worry about then how a fictional character is being portrayed in a television show.

I watched a video where the actors describe Jon and Tormund sort of developing a friendship, so I think they will make him gradually more likable, but perhaps less funny/ridiculous than GRRM wrote him. He needs to mention his member at least once!

I saw this video too. I agree that they'll make him more likeable once Jon gains his trust.

At this point the wildlings are the enemy as far as a normal TV audience is concerned, therefore they will be portrayed as such. Give it time. I'm sure there are more important things in life to worry about then how a fictional character is being portrayed in a television show.

The problem is that Jon's time with them is so we can learn that they are not the enemy. The audience is supposed to start thinking that Jon really is going to side with the Wildlings and having sex with Ygritte seals the deal - then there is the big reveal that he is going to go back to the NW.

None of the non readers I know are buying it. They have it all mapped out. Jon has sex with Ygritte then betrays them. Yawn. The people following the North story closer are "What on Earth is going on? Why have the Wildlings accepted him so easily when its obvious he is going to betray them". They have lost interest in the arc and are having more fun watching KL brothel scenes with insignificant characters being built up.

I am worried that purists have no fuckin clue what the word ADAPTATION means.

Perfect example of a worthless post.

Archived