[Book Spoilers] Brynden Tully and Edmure Tully should have been introduced waaaay earlier

Set_Gecko

Yeah, if the Tullys had been introduced in previous seasons there would have been too many characters to keep going. Even at the moment major characters have to skip episodes and that will only get worse and then keeping the minor characters' actors on the books for multiple series is hard enough already

Too many??? Except Roose there are no other Northern or Riverland lords... Karstark had 3 scenes so far, and he'll disappear soon enough. Who will attend the RW?? who will be a prisoner later on... there are too few people in the North.

Too many??? Except Roose there are no other Northern or Riverland lords... Karstark had 3 scenes so far, and he'll disappear soon enough. Who will attend the RW?? who will be a prisoner later on... there are too few people in the North.

And, even under those circumstances, they still have to cut a lot of material. To me, they decided that Edmure and Brynden were only important for the RW and, therefore, it was only worth introducing them in this season. What would these two do in season 2?

And, even under those circumstances, they still have to cut a lot of material. To me, they decided that Edmure and Brynden were only important for the RW and, therefore, it was only worth introducing them in this season. What would these two do in season 2?

Split the Talisa's time, maybe? You know, Blackfish attending meetings about strategy (which would also require both strategy and meetings about it, and both would've probably be very welcomed by the viewers, especially non-readers), while Edmure running Riverrun and giving much needed depth to the War of the Five Kings. It's not impossible to accomplish all of that through shear dialogue, for which, once again, time could've been taken from Talisa "character". Just saying

Split the Talisa's time, maybe? You know, Blackfish attending meetings about strategy (which would also require both strategy and meetings about it, and both would've probably be very welcomed by the viewers, especially non-readers), while Edmure running Riverrun and giving much needed depth to the War of the Five Kings. It's not impossible to accomplish all of that through shear dialogue, for which, once again, time could've been taken from Talisa "character". Just saying

Although I believe it could have been done in another way, you have to take into consideration that these actors, especially Tobias Menzies, are "expensive". Having them around just to depict minor events to the story is not feasible, I believe. However, it might have been possible to give another relevance to the struggle in the Riverlands, during the second season, where these two characters might have played an important role.

Archived