[BOOK SPOILERS] Edmure and Blackfish Thread

teemo

Robbs character has been butchered. Theyve turned the hero of the North into a sniggering boy with no respect for his parents relationship and a commander willing to needlessly sacrifice 2000 men. They havent showed him do anything cool other then taking down the wildlings. Why they arent playing him up to make the RW all the more poignant i dont know

As for Edmure and the BF-really liked them. Riverrun needed to be in the story, or have more of a presence, far earlier. Something as simple as a few different coloured banners and more mentions of Ed and BF would have done. As it is i think id be pretty confused as to who these two are. Poor Edmure though!

Excellent casting and the manner of their introduction was excellent.

General TV audiences are struggling to keep track of characters as is, so new introductions have to make a strong first impression.

D + D clearly wrote the funeral scene and the one following with the purpose of ensuring Blackfish and Edmure do exactly that, and the audience gets the gist of what their characters are about. Really well done on their part IMO.

I know its unrealistic, but it would have been great if they could have recreated the funeral scene arrow part the way it was in the books, when the BF shoots his arrow when the boat is practically out of sight and covered by mist rising from the river. Even more badass.

Robbs character has been butchered. Theyve turned the hero of the North into a sniggering boy with no respect for his parents relationship and a commander willing to needlessly sacrifice 2000 men. They havent showed him do anything cool other then taking down the wildlings. Why they arent playing him up to make the RW all the more poignant i dont know

As for Edmure and the BF-really liked them. Riverrun needed to be in the story, or have more of a presence, far earlier. Something as simple as a few different coloured banners and more mentions of Ed and BF would have done. As it is i think id be pretty confused as to who these two are. Poor Edmure though!

Robb brought his entire army to lay siege to an empty castle. Wtf?

Oh, And the HM is not theon durden btw

Well that hero is also referred to as the King that lost the north, so he's not exactly a hero. Most readers consider Robb to be quite politically stupid and only really excels at battle tactics.

But I know what you mean. I just think that they had a tough task portraying him as heroic after having made so many mistakes, but every now and then they do something silly to make him look more stupid than he actually is.

And as for the Tully's, I loved the casting and BF's scene with Cat, but I thought they really messed up having the blackfish shove aside and embarrass the Lord of Riverrun. The protocol to how you treat your lord publicly is quite important, and that scene really downplayed the fact that while Edmure can be a buffoon, he IS still the Lord of Riverrun and not just some high-born boy you can toss around like a peasant.

I don't understand how people see Robb's reaction a sniggering? It was a scoff of frustration and even embarrassment at Edmure's repeated incompetence. Great image to convey that the new Lord of Riverrun cannot even shoot a straight arrow. Not very reassuring. Edmure was just as incompetent in the books as they are portraying him on screen. They have made the Blackfish a bit more harsh, but it's probably what he wanted to do in the book, and I'm happy with it.

I don't understand how people see Robb's reaction a sniggering? It was a scoff of frustration and even embarrassment at Edmure's repeated incompetence. Great image to convey that the new Lord of Riverrun cannot even shoot a straight arrow. Not very reassuring. Edmure was just as incompetent in the books as they are portraying him on screen. They have made the Blackfish a bit more harsh, but it's probably what he wanted to do in the book, and I'm happy with it.

He laughs, rewatch it. Here look at Robb at 1:18 in this video and look at Cat's "Wow, grow up" expression:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QXNC3Hc0gTo

He is the Lord of Riverrun and he just lost his father. As his King, you don't laugh at his incompetence among his people in public. Moreover, his mother is next to him and clearly grieving but he still laughs. For all of the looking up to his father Robb does, this is clearly something Ned would never, ever do.

He laughs, rewatch it. Here look at Robb at 1:18 in this video and look at Cat's "Wow, grow up" expression:

He is the Lord of Riverrun and he just lost his father. As his King, you don't laugh at his incompetence among his people in public. Moreover, his mother is next to him and clearly grieving but he still laughs. For all of the looking up to his father Robb does, this is clearly something Ned would never, ever do.

It stops right before he shoots off an arrow...

I have it on DVR and have watched it twice. He was not laughing, it was exasperation. I have felt it and have expressed it many times. That was Robb's andmuthafuckyoutoo moment.

even Cat shoots Robb a disapproving look...someone suggested that maybe it was just madden breaking character and they chose not to reshoot, and I think the laugh is out of place enough to consider that a possibility, but that look of Cat's...

Archived