What was the word Brienne shouted out? [Spoilers]

CARNINJA68

Brienne probably shouted out "Oathbreaker" because Brienne sworn herself to Lady Catlyn and Cat swore that she wouldn't make Brienne do anything dishonourable. (Killing a maimed Kingsguard Lord Commander would count as dishonourable. I would think) If you have any other thoughts please share.

There's nothing dishonorable about killing an enemy who crippled liege lady's son, committed incest, high treason, oath-breaking and kingslaying.

This passage from earlier in the chapter makes it pretty clear what was the word IMO:

“She says that you must choose. Take the sword and slay the Kingslayer, or be hanged for a betrayer. The sword or the noose, she says. Choose, she says. Choose.

There's nothing dishonorable about killing an enemy who crippled liege lady's son, committed incest, high treason, oath-breaking and kingslaying.

This passage from earlier in the chapter makes it pretty clear what was the word IMO:

“She says that you must choose. Take the sword and slay the Kingslayer, or be hanged for a betrayer. The sword or the noose, she says. Choose, she says. Choose.

The difficulty for Brienne is that it would be dishonourable for Brienne to kill him, given that he jumped into the bear-pit to save her life, and saved her from rape. And, the irony is that Jaime really has tried to find Sansa (not that Lady Stoneheart knows any of this).

Sorry man, this is the first thread I have made. and sorry I forgot to put spoilers in the titile.

The title is a spoiler in itself. lol. No worries though, I accepted that I'd meet with a few spoilers when I joined here. I'm more upset that Brienne gets murked.

In re-reading AFOC, I think it's pretty clear she says "sword." In asking her to choose between "the sword or the noose" instead of something like "kill or die," GRRM cleverly gives Brienne a way to live while showing unCat the very symbol (Oathkeeper) of Jaime's commitment to find Sansa. She may even be able to convince her that Oathkeeper was forged from Ice.

My first reaction after I read the title was to give a big "F%CK YOU" to OP. But then I thought "F%ck me for thinking I wouldn't get spoilers in a thread named Still Reading".

Editing the title would be nice though.

Fool me once, shame on...shame on you.....Fool me you can't get fooled again.

EAUGHHHH!

Just kidding. I read somewhere that Martin confirmed that she did say "sword"

Hehehehe.

On a side note, I think when I read it I thought she screamed Jaime or "stop" or something.. I was really confused though (:

(Looking at it in retrospect - it was fuckin awesome though) So many awesome things happened in Feast that werent particularly huge events for the overall story-line, but still really good stuff.

Archived