R+L=J v.47

Angalin

Elia was bed-ridden for six months after Rhaenys was born. Given the ages of the children it is a very, very narrow window. My estimate is that Aegon is born 12 months after Harrenhal, plus or minus 3 months. I think it is the minus three months, for more than one reason.

I agree with this. Rhaenys is described as being 2 or 3 when she died in 283, correct? I checked the wiki just now and they don't commit, but I know I've seen it around here. Probably the last time there was one if these timeline discussions.

I agree with this. Rhaenys is described as being 2 or 3 when she died in 283, correct? I checked the wiki just now and they don't commit, but I know I've seen it around here. Probably the last time there was one if these timeline discussions.

I think you did a good job with a lot of unknown variables.

What do you think the odds are that she might have stayed on at Harrenhal, (per another theory)?

I think you did a good job with a lot of unknown variables.

What do you think the odds are that she might have stayed on at Harrenhal, (per another theory)?

Thank you!

I've never loved the Harrenhal theory, but I admit anything is possible. Proving (or as near proof as we can get) that Lyanna and Ned were in Winterfell at some point after the Tourney doesn't rule out other possibilities for their movements for the rest of the intervening year after all. (weather permitting of course- I think Mtn Lion made an excellent point about winter coming and severely restricting travel during 281-282 after the Tourney) A lot of interesting counter points were made here too, like that Lyanna could have been at Riverrun- I never even thought of that before. In my mind the takeaway is mostly more food for thought. I feel like I tossed a 500 piece puzzle on a table and managed to connect about 5 pieces- lol!

I'd say warging is an ancestral ability, that comes to the Starks trough their First Men blood, possibly those Flints, or families near the Wall. They are more common between the free people.

Me again.

I think Bran is a more powerfull warg than Jon or Arya.

If we accept they're cousins, this must come to them from their grandparents.

Other possibility, that I like better is that "someone" has put the direwofs on their way, and these are warging the kids at first, to make them "open their eyes", as they say.

Remember when Jon finds silent Ghost, that already had opened his eyes, Noone else could hear him, and I more than doubt that he made any sound, actually.

I agree that warging is a magical attribute of the Stark line, but, I was thinking within the context of the theory that there may have been a previouse Stark/Targaryen pairing, perhaps the blood of the dragon made the Warging less latent, but Snark Tamer makes a good point as well.

Bran is powerful, but I'm not sure if his power lay in warging alone, and Jon is referred to by one of the Wildlings as one of the most powerful Wargs thats ever existed, but he doesn't even realize it.

Yep, you beat me to it Alia! Lyanna's entry states that "she was betrothed to Robert Baratheon after her brother Eddard brought Robert's suit to Winterfell."

This suggests that Robert wasn't present when Rickard agreed to the betrothal.

What I always assumed is that they were betrothed already by the time Harrenhal rolled around, and that Robert was sure of his Lyanna until Rhaegar crowned her.

Once that happened, he realized he wanted her all the more.

The clueless schmuk is one of those who didn't realize what he had until it was gone, and perhaps should have spent more time wooing, than partying.

Thank you!

I've never loved the Harrenhal theory, but I admit anything is possible. Proving (or as near proof as we can get) that Lyanna and Ned were in Winterfell at some point after the Tourney doesn't rule out other possibilities for their movements for the rest of the intervening year after all. (weather permitting of course- I think Mtn Lion made an excellent point about winter coming and severely restricting travel during 281-282 after the Tourney) A lot of interesting counter points were made here too, like that Lyanna could have been at Riverrun- I never even thought of that before. In my mind the takeaway is mostly more food for thought. I feel like I tossed a 500 piece puzzle on a table and managed to connect about 5 pieces- lol!

Well, hats off, and please don't stop.

I don't have the patience for it and truly rely on people like you, who are good at seeing the "trees instead of the forest," as I tend to plow right through.

I'm not sure if Martin expected such scrutiny of the back story, or the timeline since he started writing this story pre-internet, therefore, he wasn't that detailed on timeline.

Archived