[Book spoilers] Hot Pie

ShigellaSand

As much as I liked the goodbye scene with Hot Pie, it left me a bit worried for his future. Characters just don't get to have happy (well, contented) endings. So since the Tickler is a non-entity on the show, I'm now wondering if Arya's "Is there gold in the village?" is going to be replaced with "Hot Pie!"

(In case that was not clear enough - I mean that some soldiers are going to kill him, and Arya's going to go stabby on them because of it.)

As much as I liked the goodbye scene with Hot Pie, it left me a bit worried for his future. Characters just don't get to have happy (well, contented) endings. So since the Tickler is a non-entity on the show, I'm now wondering if Arya's "Is there gold in the village?" is going to be replaced with "Hot Pie!"

(In case that was not clear enough - I mean that some soldiers are going to kill him, and Arya's going to go stabby on them because of it.)

I think the RW will be enough to make her go down the dark path

I agree with you completely. In the show Hot Pie stayed in the Crossroads Inn, which is also the Inn where they find the tickler and his gang. I wouldn't really care if it had to take Hot Pie's death to get Arya to go stabby stabby though. I think most of her motives have been based on revenge and this scenario would make a perfect resemblance to Mycah the butchersboy getting killed. This might drive her to actually take the revenge she had been contemplating for all this time.

Hot Pie cannot die. He is Azor APie reborn he rises again flakier and lighter! he weilds the Piebringer! He is THE PIE WHO WAS PROMISED!

I would like this if I could. Also, I really liked the goodbye scene with Arya, Gendry and Hot Pie. Both warm and humorous, and it was nice to just have a 'friendship' scene in GoT for once.

edit: spelling.

You think they are ever going to have her recite her list again. It happened at least once per chapter in the books. Yet, it only happened in one episode in the show. You think they could have had her go to sleep at Harrenhal and say it toward the end of last season and once already this season, just to keep up the continuity and so that the viewer remembers that her motivation is revenge.

I don't think Hot Pie stayed at the Crossroads Inn. He stayed at a different one with Sharna, Husband, and Boy, which is canon. But who knows what the showrunners are doing with Arya's character and the Brave Companions at this point in the show?

You think they are ever going to have her recite her list again. It happened at least once per chapter in the books. Yet, it only happened in one episode in the show. You think they could have had her go to sleep at Harrenhal and say it toward the end of last season and once already this season, just to keep up the continuity and so that the viewer remembers that her motivation is revenge.

I doubt if they're going to bring back the list - because the list featured Ilyn Payne, and that actor isn't coming back. Whether Arya mentioned his name, or didn't mention it, it would draw attention to his absence.

I don't think Hot Pie stayed at the Crossroads Inn. He stayed at a different one with Sharna, Husband, and Boy, which is canon. But who knows what the showrunners are doing with Arya's character and the Brave Companions at this point in the show?

In the books, you're right

In the show however, Hot Pie stayed at the Crossroads Inn

I doubt if they're going to bring back the list - because the list featured Ilyn Payne, and that actor isn't coming back. Whether Arya mentioned his name, or didn't mention it, it would draw attention to his absence.

I think the lack of one name would be less jarring than the lack of the list. I can believe that the writers want to change her motivation, but if they are sticking with her having revenge as a huge motivator then the list should be there, with or without Ser Illyn.

The part where she forgets to include the Hound (right? And then she says his name by itself? i can't remember exactly how it played out) after the Tickler killing was also a really important part of that storyline I think. But that chicken has probably flown the coop at this point.

please dont get me started on Arya's lack of character development.

Brave Companions are gone bud they are not essential

Archived