[Show Scene Spoiler!] Musical Chairs

Envie

great scene. absolutely the last thing i thought people would complain about in this episode

I'm one of the ones complaining about it and I feel that I should clarify my position... The bottom line is that pivotal scenes are being cut from the show due to "time constraints"... in favour of two minutes of moving chairs around. It's a great scene, but it's also a slap in the face to fans of characters whose storylines have been cut and reduced.

But honestly, I just wish the entire scene had've been longer. Far too much time was devoted to the chairs considering the amount of dialogue we got. I would be complaining less if we had've got an additional few minutes of material out of the scene - particularly as it's going to be the last time those six characters are ever going to be in that position together again. When that's taken into account, I'm sure most fans would agree that the scene was a bit of a wasted opportunity.

• 2 weeks later...

Genuinely hilarious. Probably one of the best moments of the whole episode in an episode filled with spectacular moments. Loved Tyrion sliding that chair across the floor, making that annoying, grating sound that makes me want to find infants and burn them alive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just echoing what most of the other posters said - definitely one of the best and hilarious scenes in the show. I thought it was perfect. It had me LOLing very hard. The teasing between LF and Varys, Cersei's reactions and manner of speaking, Pycelle's input. Everything was on point.

Archived