[Book spoilers] What you loved about the episode

shiola

I wouldn't say that. In later books Pod shows some real attachment to Tyrion, almost like a son, His plan to go off and find Sansa in order to be able to have Tyrion back again was one of my favorite storylines in AFFC. In order for that to make sense they need to build up the relationship between Tyrion and Pod more so then just "oh well pod was his squire, so thats why he goes off on this adventure by himself, Follows the maid of tarth, Climbs through posionious bushes and comes face to face to lady stone heart."

Pod goes through some serious shit in the hopes of being reunited with tyrion. that requires some build up we did not get in the books

I never thought about it like that. That's a really good point, thanks for bringing it up! Pod is so endearing on the show. Even though I found the whore scene/aftermath gratuitous, I do love that we got more Pod. I am excited to see more than him, so I can handle the silly context.

snipped

I agree with everything you said and I loved your explanations. It reaffirmed why I liked what I liked about the episode and I'm really glad you shared it! I think Michelle is a freaking goddess so it's good to see her getting more praise after this episode.

Another scene not mentioned quite so much that I enjoyed was Talisa gently teasing the little Lannister boys. I thought it was adorable. It's also a great way to build up sympathy for them for when the inevitable occurs, and to make Robb's decision regarding Karstark more understandable.

I definitely plan on making a thread about this for each episode, if they get accepted. I enjoy the show less when I read all the criticizing, so I want to see how I'd feel if we came together and "nitpicked" in a positive light as well.

That sounds great. I love the idea of a "positive nitpick" thread. :)

I liked the Talisa scene, too. I don't like the differences between the actual storyline of Talisa and Jeyne Westerling, but I really like Talisa. I finished another re-watch of seasons 1 and 2 last night, and I found her quite endearing this time around. I was watching the series with a non-reader who had never seen it before, so maybe that's part of it. It's a lot more fun to watch when you get to witness someone's reactions/guesses/theories.

By watching the episoe, I feel that if Karstark really kills one of the Lannisters, then it will be heartbreaking. That is because that scene was properly done. In fact, the only cheap moment of this episode was the Pod scene and that is arguably a welcome relief from the important events taking place.

I liked the Talisa scene, too. I don't like the differences between the actual storyline of Talisa and Jeyne Westerling, but I really like Talisa. I finished another re-watch of seasons 1 and 2 last night, and I found her quite endearing this time around. I was watching the series with a non-reader who had never seen it before, so maybe that's part of it. It's a lot more fun to watch when you get to witness someone's reactions/guesses/theories.

I don't think I will ever understand the hate for talisa. Other then that first scene where she was sassy, she has basically been demure, google-y eyes for Robb, nurse-y, book Jeyne.

6. In-jokes: "You little bastard", the Meereenese Knot

So I'm the only one who thinks Craster's "Look at him, he's a walking feast" was an interesting line. Maybe I'm reading way too much into it, but the line is directed to the Night's Watch aka Crows who could cut pieces off as they travel, making Sam "A walking Feast for Crows".

Archived