Starks Still Standing

Harrad

At the end ADWD the list of living Starks it growing thin. My question for all is who among the Starks, if any, will be standing at the end of ASOIAF? My thoughts and percentages:

1. Arya --I give her 66%. She is a very sympathetic character, but does that really matter to GRRM? By the end she will have a very unique set of skills, that will probably be important for the final triumph of good over evil....assuming it is a triumph and she's on the side of good.

2. Jon Snow--75%--Assuming he is even alive when book 6 starts. I dont count a zombie Jon Snow as having "survived."

3. Sansa--50%--She is little bird, ofc, but Clegane isnt around to protect her anymore. She really isnt a braniac and being pretty only goes so far--see Sersei....

4. Bran--90% --something about his being already disabled makes him less of a threat, but more of a threat because of his special and spatial abilities

5. Rickon--25%--unless GRRM throws us a curveball, his favorite pitch--there is nothing special about him to point toward survival.

So overall...Bran is my choice, followed by Jon Snow, and Arya.

Arya: Hmm... It has been foreshadowed that she will die, but George´s wife loves her... Hard to say.

Jon Snow: I don´t think he is dead yet. Many people around here predicts he will end on the Iron Throne, but it doesn´t seem to fit him IMO

Sansa: I think she will survive. She is slowly gaining power and knowledge of politics, but maybe it is just because she is one of my favorite characters?

Bran: He will survive. He is going to become the new Bloodraven, so I think he will survive, unless the CotF have something up the sleeve..

Rickon: We have not seen him around for some time. I think he will rebuild Winterfell.

1. Arya --I give her 66%. She is a very sympathetic character, but does that really matter to GRRM? By the end she will have a very unique set of skills, that will probably be important for the final triumph of good over evil....assuming it is a triumph and she's on the side of good.

She's my favorite, too. I hope she'll survive, reunite with Nymeria and her other siblings, especially Jon.

2. Jon Snow--75%--Assuming he is even alive when book 6 starts. I dont count a zombie Jon Snow as having "survived."

I believe him to be such a very important character. If he'll live till the end, I hope he'll stay at the Wall and strengthen the NW forces in case an Other is sneaking around, and keep the realm safe for future generation.

3. Sansa--50%--She is little bird, ofc, but Clegane isnt around to protect her anymore. She really isnt a braniac and being pretty only goes so far--see Sersei....

She'll live definitely. And it's foreshadowed that she will rebuild Winterfell.

4. Bran--90% --something about his being already disabled makes him less of a threat, but more of a threat because of his special and spatial abilities

The most likely to survive the series, imo. He's the new BR, and he'll probably be the last POV, too.

5. Rickon--25%--unless GRRM throws us a curveball, his favorite pitch--there is nothing special about him to point toward survival.

Not sure for this kiddo. Maybe GRRM is saving him for something in the future. He will probably be the one who will continue the Stark line.

Arya- I'd give her a 40%, not that she'll die, but given that she'll probably stop identifying herself as a Stark entirely and become a full Faceless Woman.

Sansa- I'd actually give her an 80%, she's turning into a political mastermind (of sorts), in a world that is in need of them. I theorize she'll be instrumental in restoring the Starks.

Bran- Near 100%, actually. Like, 95%, just because of the kind of abilities he is getting.

Rickon- Fifty-fifty. Depends if he's re-invoked by GRRM. I imagine he'll go on some sort of murdering spree if he does.

One issue is: how much time is left before Ragnorak? There has to be enuf time for the Dragons to get big, so a couple of years. Is that long enuf for Rickon to become important? Skagos? Heh.

Bran should live because hes important to the overall 'winter is coming' (others!!!!) storyline.

i think Ayra will get sent to Westeros to kill someone and that will cause problems it could be someone she knows and likes or it could be one of the people on her list.

Littlefinger foresees the war of the 3 queens which means to me she plans to make sansa queen in the north and her husband king of the vale. but littlefinger knows about Daenarys so how he hopes to stand against dragons i do not know.

Rickon has the wolfs blood like lyanna but hes a bit young to really do anything but hes crazy so who knows

Jon Snow is probably Azor Ahai or something like that and i predict he dies right at the very end

Arya: Hmm... It has been foreshadowed that she will die, but George´s wife loves her... Hard to say.

Jon Snow: I don´t think he is dead yet. Many people around here predicts he will end on the Iron Throne, but it doesn´t seem to fit him IMO

Sansa: I think she will survive. She is slowly gaining power and knowledge of politics, but maybe it is just because she is one of my favorite characters?

Bran: He will survive. He is going to become the new Bloodraven, so I think he will survive, unless the CotF have something up the sleeve..

Rickon: We have not seen him around for some time. I think he will rebuild Winterfell.

Where is it foreshadowed that Arya dies. Am I blind or just missed it?

Littlefinger foresees the war of the 3 queens which means to me she plans to make sansa queen in the north and her husband king of the vale.

No, the "three queens" mention is contextually clearly supposed to refer to people other than his and Sansa's plans (i.e., his plans for Sansa). Cersei and Margaery are two, the other seems like it would have to be Daenarys.

Regarding the original topic, with the possible exception of Jon, who has all the prophecy mumbo-jumbo around him, I think the remaining Starks will all live. House Stark took all its hits in the first three books, which was their fall, and the Lannisters' rise.

Where is it foreshadowed that Arya dies. Am I blind or just missed it?

Hmm... I think it was the ghost she met while with the BWB, telling her something like "holding the needle with your frozen hands" or something like that.

Im nearly sure Davos will return with him. Rickon is not going to be important of himself, but Manderly will use him to claim Winterfell.

Not to claim WF but to get the N behind their true Lord Stark. Not the bastard, and Roose+ Freys. The North remembers, trees, people and all.

No, the "three queens" mention is contextually clearly supposed to refer to people other than his and Sansa's plans (i.e., his plans for Sansa). Cersei and Margaery are two, the other seems like it would have to be Daenarys.

I understood the third queen to mean Myrcella (as set in the context of Dorn, where she would be considered the rightful heir before Tommen).

I understood the third queen to mean Myrcella (as set in the context of Dorn, where she would be considered the rightful heir before Tommen).

I think third Queen is Dany. Isn't he aware of Dany and the Dragons?

For Starks,

I believe that Rickon will survive and will be the next Lord of Winterfell. Bran will also survive but he will be bound to North (of the wall) as a Greenseer, like his Uncle Benjen sworn to Wall. Must of us don't remember Benjen when counting Starks, so I don't count Bran also. BTW, I also believe Benjen will is still living but not sure if he will see the last chapter :)

For Sansa and Arya I have less hope. Arya, for some three books, making lists of deaths. At the end she may survive but she'll become a Faceless or a sort of Dondarrion. She may be the Stark who seeks their vengeance against Lannisters, Freys, Boltons; but She will not have a proper familyor life to continue the Stark line.

And Jon... I have still 300 hundred pages to go but if for once you visit some webpage about ASOIAF, you understand that a surprise waiting for you at the end of the 5th book. There are numerous theories but I believe that he will be dead (even he is not at the moment), as we understand the meaning of dead. Maybe he will be in Ghost and join Bran at the North...

I hardly expect to all the Starks live and all the bad boys dead.

I think the survival of the Stark kids very much revolves around their wolves

And I believe ones death can only be confirmed by the corresponding death of their wolf.

IE- Robb , both the boy and the wolf died together.

Sansa betrayed her family and lost her wolf.

She's no longer one of "the pack" and should not be considered as a stark.

Jon snow is fatally wounded, but Ghost, as far as we know is unharmed, so his fate is uncertain.

I actually have a feeling that they will ALL be alive by the end of the series. But if i had to choose the most likely to die, it would probably be Jon.

I agree with the bolded part.

I personally think that Arya will "die". Not actually dying, but that Arya Stark "dies" and only the Faceless woman that she becomes remains.

Archived