Starks Still Standing

Harrad

Well, I see the entire group of Starks join forces about protecting North.

Bran will be the last Greenseer and will only meet his siblings in their dreams as he did in Jon's dream through Ghost.

Rickon will be the lord of Winterfell, but he is a child and had almost no tutelage about his duties as a lord. That's where Sansa comes into the picture. She'll rule Winterfell on his behalf and undertake his tutelage.

Jon will be the lordcommander of the Wall and will protect the North from The Others together with Bran.

I'm much in doubt about, what Arya is about to become. To me it looks like she's been going down the path of hatred just like The Hound for quite a while now. I hope the Faceless Men will contribute to heal her in some way, even though the fate of Nymeria indicates, she may go wild.

But Nymeria still serves her purpose and has done things to help Arya. So...a Stark executioner?

• 1 month later...

Well, I see the entire group of Starks join forces about protecting North.

Bran will be the last Greenseer and will only meet his siblings in their dreams as he did in Jon's dream through Ghost.

Rickon will be the lord of Winterfell, but he is a child and had almost no tutelage about his duties as a lord. That's where Sansa comes into the picture. She'll rule Winterfell on his behalf and undertake his tutelage.

Jon will be the lordcommander of the Wall and will protect the North from The Others together with Bran.

I'm much in doubt about, what Arya is about to become. To me it looks like she's been going down the path of hatred just like The Hound for quite a while now. I hope the Faceless Men will contribute to heal her in some way, even though the fate of Nymeria indicates, she may go wild.

But Nymeria still serves her purpose and has done things to help Arya. So...a Stark executioner?

As many have suggested, Arya would make a good Master of Whispers.

• 1 month later...

Jon- 88%

Rickon- 80%

Arya- 75%

Sansa- 60%

Bran-20%

Jon seems tied into... everything. Is he Azor Ahai? Will he continue being Lord Commander, later? Will he be legitimized by Robb's (disappearing) letter and become Lord of Winterfell? Will help stop the Bolton's now that he's leaving the wall? Will he be a dragon rider? Will he marry Daenarys or somehow meet a Fire/Ice theory? What of Melisandres plans? What of wielding Darkstar? etc... He's tied in everywhere! I think he'll either survive or have a huge bang at the very end.

Rickon is being kept in GRRMs pocket for something and with Arya scattered, Jons importance elsewhere, Brans importance elsewhere, and Sansa constantly being a captive Rickon has a serious chance of being the Sibling that the North unites under and becomes Lord of Winterfell. I doubt he'll ever be super important but he'll become a symbol that people follow to oust out the Boltons. Plus, he's with Davos who is a survivor, a good guy, and has protected other children (Gendry) and won't let much happen to him. He'll probably also have Stannis' support.

Arya is just a survivor. She's my favorite character and she's borderline nuts, but she's driven and patient. At this point in the story she's also a ghost.

Sansa- One of my least favorite characters. I think others are right that she's been learning politics to become a player, but who have her teachers been? Littlefinger and Cersei? Too many people realize she's the key to the North (currently, with Jon's letter of legitimacy unknown, and Rickon and Bran believed dead) and that makes her a target. I think she'll play the GoT and make some redeeming moves but at some point she'll over extend her hand. When you play the GoT you either win or die. Maybe I just want her dead because her PoV are so much more boring and she has literally been a victim from page 1 who doesn't do much for herself (except tell Cersei of Ned's plans).

Bran- Bran's body is "broken" and how its been setup death seems to release him into the entire world. Into the animals, into the trees, and across time. He just needs to escape his mortal shell. He also is in the extreme North and tends to leave his body in places or neglect it by forgetting to eat. I think Bran's body death will be a good thing and release him for something greater.

Overall, I'm pretty optimistic about the rest of the Stark children surviving or doing pretty well.

Archived