Oh. I get it. [spoilers all] [Theon]

NurseNinja

Yeah, it's possible that the kiled men where the "eyes" of Roose in the Dreadfort so Ramsay wanted to dispose of them. Maybe one was even Roose's trusted person to keep Ramsay in check. But I doubt this will get fleshed out, it's not really important to the plot at all. I see the plot points that matter like this:

- Ramsay lets Theon get tortured (Bad Cop in extremis)

- Ramsay gets the trust by killing the torturers (Good Cop) so that he gets to know Theon's secret (are Bran and Rickon dead?)

- Ramsay imprisons Theon once again and goes off to search for them

- Ramsay returns angrily and tortures Theon even more. Put here the "Theon eats a mouse raw"-scene (could be next season as well).

You know, I was wondering if Ramsay was holding these Bolton men responsible for the death of the original Reek, in some way.

So, because of this, he sets them up in a situation where he has an excuse to kill them, all while pulling a masterful mind-fuck on Theon.

It's a win-win for Ramsay.

It's all a game for Ramsay. It was his own men.

That's why the guy called him a "little bastard" when he realised a) that he had been setup to be killed, ( b ) Ramsay hates being called a bastard.

In the books he lets the girls run away before sending his dogs after them and states that he prefers to chase them for the thrill before he rapes and kills them. God damn sociopath. This is what he's doing to Theon.

You know, I was wondering if Ramsay was holding these Bolton men responsible for the death of the original Reek, in some way.

What makes you say that? Just curious, because I don't think a Reek has ever even been mentioned in the context of the show, nor has the notion that 'Boy' (obviously Ramsay) is angry for the loss of a certain childhood companion.

No, the first Reek hasn't been mentioned in the show, at least not yet.

But the first Reek is in the books, and I was wondering if the Boy/Ramsay would later reveal to Theon that he lost "His Reek" to those men, and now he was going to make Theon his "New Reek"

The thing that I found weird on episode 2 is that Ramsay only approaches Theon when all of his tortures are gone, still under-cover while Theon has a bag on his head and can't see what is around him. Why would he do it if it’s all just an act and all of this men are his accomplices? Not even one of them has a look at Ramsay when they're leaving.

It seems too complicated if all of this is only meant to break Theon spirit. I think there is more about this than Ramsay just being a psycho, maybe some weird political angle?

The thing that I found weird on episode 2 is that Ramsay only approaches Theon when all of his tortures are gone, still under-cover while Theon has a bag on his head and can't see what is around him. Why would he do it if it’s all just an act and all of this men are his accomplices? Not even one of them has a look at Ramsay when they're leaving.

It seems too complicated if all of this is only meant to break Theon spirit. I think there is more about this than Ramsay just being a psycho, maybe some weird political angle?

I think that's also to fool the viewers, especially the non-readers. D&D probably want Ramsay's betrayal to Theon being as shocking to the viewers as it will be for Theon.

You're right, it's a little odd they didn't even give him a second glance, but like Nezzer said you have to keep in mind that they're deceiving the people in front of the screen as much as Ramsay is deceiving Theon.

You can just write it off pretty easily as "Roose's bastard is fucking weird and the men are just going along with the weird shit he pulls/asks them to do because he's currently in charge."

What if he's not Ramsey? what if he's actually Reek leading Theon to Ramsey who is actually played by..........Cillian Murphey :eek: okay i'll stop now.

hahahaha

the Biggest Troll Forever

Yeah, I also considered how it was odd that Iwan still acted meek / quiet when the men left while Theon couldn't even see him ... but it's definitely just to fool the viewer. If we need to come up with a real reason that makes sense w/ the story, we can just assume he was getting into / staying in character. I mean, he probably told the men not to even look at him, in case they give away the game.

A small thing has been bugging me for days, maybe this is the right place to have it explained, at last:

I think that the whole "your sister sent me" plot by "Boy" is a bit hard to fall for. I mean, fine, Theon is in excruciating pain and scared to death, and not able to concentrate on details, but we watchers are. When is Asha/Yara supposed to have been told that her brother had been kidnapped? Not much time seems to have passed since the burning of Winterfell, maybe one day or two. Now, how could Yara know where he was being kept? Or even that he had been taken prisoner! Had he been in the Iron Islands (the torturers were dressed up as iron islanders) fine, that could have been possible. But then Boy says they were not. So, how could she have already sent help? This thing has been bugging me for days!

one thing that is weird. theon's torturers are wearing greyjoy cothes. are they doing it so to connfuse him and us more?

Aye. Theon is a capive of men dressed as Ironborn, then some guy comes saying that he was sent by Yara to rescue Theon from those ironmen and later he says "Winter is Coming". Ultra master troll :lol:

A small thing has been bugging me for days, maybe this is the right place to have it explained, at last:

I think that the whole "your sister sent me" plot by "Boy" is a bit hard to fall for. I mean, fine, Theon is in excruciating pain and scared to death, and not able to concentrate on details, but we watchers are. When is Asha/Yara supposed to have been told that her brother had been kidnapped? Not much time seems to have passed since the burning of Winterfell, maybe one day or two. Now, how could Yara know where he was being kept? Or even that he had been taken prisoner! Had he been in the Iron Islands (the torturers were dressed up as iron islanders) fine, that could have been possible. But then Boy says they were not. So, how could she have already sent help? This thing has been bugging me for days!

Well, "Boy" says they are not in the Iron Islands. There's no way an unspoiled non-reader can know what happened after Winterfell fell ( :cool4: ). They could think that Yara changed her mind and got back there right after the sack, or that she crossed paths with Dagmer's unit, I don't know. There are many possibilities.

Archived