Vulture interview hints at "controversial" Sansa chapter in TWoW

Eir

(...) The only why she could be active in that scenario is if she poisons Ser Shadrick and seduces Timmett son of Timmett and wins control of the mountan clans (extremely unlikely). It also wouldn't be controversial as it would be a continuation of the themes already established with Sansa.

Sansa and Timmet son of Timmet is definitively the best Sansa ship ever.

The noseless Tyrion, the disfigured Sandor and the blind Marillon may be just foreshadowing that.

Going from non consensual stories with people disfigured by others to wlliingly chosing someone disfiguring himself would symbolize Sansa progression to agency while staying true to the light tone of her whole story, and Martin's usual generosity for his characters.

Can't wait for the pawn to player analysis when it happens. :)

I surmise that LF won't do the deed himself or have her maidenhead taken (I think he sees her as a daughter). But knowing LF, he may have a whore or two train Sansa in the arts of love and seduction. The controversy likely is a little girl(s) or girl action b/t Sansa and a couple of hot working girls.

From where would he get the girls he won't risk going to KL again and leaving the veil unprotected.

Sansa's vows are to remain a maiden until her husband has sex with her, because those are the values of Westeros. The controversy may be her breaking this vow of maidenhood imposed by society to save her life, as Jon Snow broke his own vows to save his own. Of course, if it's with LF then Sansa will not enjoy herself the way Jon Snow did, and it would be stomach churning.

This seems a very likely scenario considering grrm style.

Why would that be controversial? "Controversial" suggests something that fans will take issue with. If Sandor rolled into the Vale to drop truth bombs and help extricate Sansa from her messy situation with Littlefinger, I think fans would be too busy fist-pumping and high-fiving each other to complain.

If GRRM sunk SanSan, that would be controversial.

This is what is called as wishful thinking :bang:

Doubtful, in my view. What would be the point, with her off in her own little corner of the world?

What was the point of continuing her story once she left King's Landing?

Littlefinger's plots were almost always "off screen" until they were revealed. His plans for Sansa should have been the same way. Sansa's chapters in Feast for Dancing Dragons served no purpose other than to bloat the page count. Ugh.

That said, I don't hate Sansa. But she's a teenage girl, and about as interesting to listen to as any teenage girl. That is, not at all. When she was in King's Landing, she served the important purpose of giving us an eye on the happenings at court that first countered Ned's, and then Cersei's. Now, she does nothing useful for the story. If Littlefinger has plans to use her heritage to his advantage, cool. That's really important to the story. But she needs her own chapters about as much as Rickon at this point.

Archived