[Book Spoilers] Theon Clarification

Couple questions about what happened in this episode pertaining to Theon. I know what happens in the book, but I'm never sure where Weiss and Benioff are taking things.

Is the guy that helped Theon escape the same guy (Ramsay) that showed up at the end and shot the 3 dudes with the arrows?

Who were the soldiers that chased Theon? Dreadfort men that Ramsay killed? I thought that they'd be in on it. Or was the guy that helped Theon escape actually one of Ramsay's men?

Any sort of clarification on this would be wonderful. Thanks!

Yes, it is the same guy.

There is speculation that Theon was held captive in Hornwood lands, since Ramsay would have forcibly married Lady Hornwood and thus receiving her lands by this time. And in the show he says 'Ride East, your sister's waiting" but Yara / Asha would be at Deepwood Motte (on the west coast) and if 'Boy' is Ramsay there is no way he would send him to her. So again if there are in Hornwood lands, the Dreadfort lies east.

Also,

Nah you got it all wrong man. Everything, Ramsay had planned. Like a game. His men knew he would set Theon free, he told them to pretend he was just a dungeon sweeper. What they didn't know was that Ramsay would kill them to gain Theon's trust even more.

Yes, it is the same guy.

There is speculation that Theon was held captive in Hornwood lands, since Ramsay would have forcibly married Lady Hornwood and thus receiving her lands by this time. And in the show he says 'Ride East, your sister's waiting" but Yara / Asha would be at Deepwood Motte (on the west coast) and if 'Boy' is Ramsay there is no way he would send him to her. So again if there are in Hornwood lands, the Dreadfort lies east.

Also,

Hornwood is pretty South and barely East of the Dreadfort so I'm not sure how this would be true. Unless this speculation is suggesting that there is a random little tower at the end of Hornwood lands in the North.

I think the only intention of Ramsay sending him east was for Theon to get lost and don't get too far, because if he was near WF or the Wolfswood i think he would recognized it and even escape properly since he knew the terrain. He seems pretty lost on the episode and he has to stop, giving time for the torturers to cacth him.

where Ramsay will be taking him now I have no idea

Couple questions about what happened in this episode pertaining to Theon. I know what happens in the book, but I'm never sure where Weiss and Benioff are taking things.

Is the guy that helped Theon escape the same guy (Ramsay) that showed up at the end and shot the 3 dudes with the arrows?

Who were the soldiers that chased Theon? Dreadfort men that Ramsay killed? I thought that they'd be in on it. Or was the guy that helped Theon escape actually one of Ramsay's men?

Any sort of clarification on this would be wonderful. Thanks!

Everyone already knows with a 99% certainty that he's Ramsay because the actor was cast to the role. From there, we can sprobably guess that this is nothing but one more of his sick games and besides, the show had to do in it in order to make the audience like the character and then be totally shocked (hence the "good-looking" actor and his "hero" actions) just like when he arrived to WF in the books.

The story line needs to be stretched for as long as possible. Having Ramsey play the good guy until perhaps season end lets them keep Theon around have something to do.

It's of note that "betrayal" is a central theme this year in almost all the story archs.

Archived