The Christian Allegory of Danaerys Targaryen

gash

dany is fireproof as far as we know btw.

i was debating this with someone here yesterday. there is not 100% proof that she is not fireproof. all we have is quotes from GRRM saying "not all targs are fireproof" and she would "probably not" repeat her funeral pire miracle.

but let's not get sidetracked here.

Excellent work gash (as usual).

Dany is indeed the author's 'saviour' figure. However, he has problematized her, because instead of her father being the perfect being he was a city destroying nutter.

i believe dany's rare moments of "anger" can be seen also in the new testament when jesus becomes angry with the money lenders in the temple.

I don't know much about the bible, but I have a feeling Jesus's father was slightly more majestic than Danys. Don't really know though lol.

yes, agreed. Exactly like Jesus.

lol, yes a lot of crucifixion imagery I agree. Although something strikes me as MUCH, MUCH different about Jesus's crucifixion and "Dany's" crucifixion.

Well, seeing as how Dany is NOT fireproof, eh...

lol yes, I'm sure Jesus would have slaughtered all people over the age of 13 as well. I agree.

Yes, flesh eating, baby eating dragons are EXACTLY the same as the holy trinity. Agreed.

lol yes, this is also part of why I see Jesus parallels with Roose Bolton as well. Many of his relatives also remain shrouded in mystery. Just like Jesus's. Perfect.

Great theory, I agree entirely with it. Awesome work.

^ yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

+ as to her relatives being "shrouded in mystery"... she's from a famous dynasty in which we know every relative she has had over the past 300 years, unless you count bastards.

i believe dany's rare moments of "anger" can be seen also in the new testament when jesus becomes angry with the money lenders in the temple.

True, but even though she was instrumental in raising Drogo from death it was only a half life, whereas lazarus, afaik, was totally fine.

Archived