The Christian Allegory of Danaerys Targaryen

gash

Ero, we don't need to Stannis the thread just yet...

i was actually going to bring him into it, he plays a key part to the allegory. but the forum isn't ready for my conclusions just yet. it's heavy stuff.

Hold on guys, there may be something to this theory. If Dany = Jesus, then is she going to be crucified on the Iron Throne? Or a Seven-Pointed Star maybe?

spot on. dany will quite possibly die before reaching the iron throne. this was touched on in the tv series HotU scene.

Hold on guys, there may be something to this theory. If Dany = Jesus, then is she going to be crucified on the Iron Throne? Or a Seven-Pointed Star maybe?

And because ASOIAF doesn't have happy endings, Dany won't be resurrected.

Clearly I am going to be berated for this but why isn't Dany fireproof? Are you guys saying fire resistant is a more apt description or what?

the accepted wisdom on this is related to quotes from GRRM when asked if targs are fireproof, of which there are two;

"people are reading too much into the funeral pyre scene, not all targs are fireproof all the time"

and dany will "probably not" repeat her fireproofness from the funeral pire.

my point is these still do not 100% rule out dany as fireproof, and indeed she again displayed a measure of robustness in the face of flames in the end of ADWD.

Archived