How Stannis will win the Iron Throne

Manderly I dont think will side with Stannis, Its being set up a little too cleanly, The Northern Conspiracy is a bit too believable to be unbelieved, Manderly is a big man, with a big brain - He wants Rickon so he can support a Male Stark, and whether its for Honour, or for Self Advancement - He dosent mean to go supporting Stannis again. No king but the king in the North and all that, whose name is Stark according to Maege Mormont. And it states Mermaids - Whose sigil is the mermaid? Might work with that ...

I like this theory. I think that Aurane will sail to KL, instead of taking him across The Bite and leaving him to march the rest of the way, and take who is on the throne by suprise and finally get his victory at the Blackwater.

This theory is great. My whole thought process is GRRM has given us four books of Stannis, struggling and fighting tooth and nail to win the Iron Throne, with little tangible success. It's illustrated his iron will and determination, and endeared him to many readers(plenty of which are on this board). But it's also set up for a big pay off. I think Stannis is going to beat, NAY, crush! The Boltons and Freys at the Battle of Winterfell and forge some sort of northern alliance.

Then if your Aurane Waters theory is correct, Manderly's fleet plus Waters' would be devastating. Stannis could now legitimately challenge for the Iron Throne. And I would be thrilled.

Manderlys sigil is a Merman, Patchface claims Mermaids will trumpet their arrival, there has to be some meaning behind it, GRRM is very critical of interpretation and the like. I dont think there are enough books left for the North to not side with Stannis, we dont have enough of the story in 2 books for a new King in the North to appear and fight against Stannis I feel. So maybe your right, Stannis will pull an Athenian Thalastocracy and rule the seas, using those to get his throne.

I think we all have a fond spot for westeros most irritating prophet, yes, Patchface has told us already. “We will march into the sea and out again. Under the waves we will ride seahorses, and mermaids will blow seashells to announce our coming, oh, oh, oh.” Sounds unintelligable, well think about this. Aurane Waters, Aurane Waters is the Bastard of Driftmark, the Bastard son of House Velaryon - who fought for Stannis in the Blackwater as one of his admirals - AND - Velaryons house sigil, is a Seahorse. Look at the prophecy again, Riding seahorses is code for riding in Auranes fleet of dromonds, once again loyal to Stannis.
Wouldn't it make more sense to also make use of Manderly's Fleet? Maybe a combo of the both will happen since mermaids are Manderly's sigil right?

It sounds amazing!

So offer me your interpretation of the prophecy, Aurane is an ambitious boy with some warships, we also know of a Pirate Lord raiding around the coastal towns near Essos, and a large portion of the Iron Fleet under Victarion has to sail past the stepstones and back past them again, as the Torturers Deep is one of the stepstones (remanents of the land bridge linking Essos and Dorne) so maybe Aurane will flee to Stannis when he meets a bigger, badder Pirate King, He cant go back to Cersei again - that leaves him going to Dany who he is probably unaware of, Aegon who he probably dosent know of yet, or Stannis with these warships, he probably thinks he will be rewarded too - There is a great chance of him running back to Stannis.

Stannis wont side with a Targaryen, he is all about rights - Baratheon won the throne via right of Conquest. He will have Dany burned for a traitor, and she will have him burned as a traitor. And Aegon might not even be Targaryen at all - so :/ Neither of them will be allying anytime soon according to character profiles.

Wrong it is said that Robert Baratheon was made king because his grandmother was Targaryen and since all of his sons are bastard born then it should

go to Stannis since his younger brother of Robert.

Here is source:

Robert's claim to the Iron Throne of the Seven Kingdoms was based on his grandmother being Rhaelle Targaryen, daughter of KingAegon V, thus giving him a much stronger claim to the throne than the Arryns, Tullys or Starks.

Wrong it is said that Robert Baratheon was made king because his grandmother was Targaryen and since all of his sons are bastard born then it should

go to Stannis since his younger brother of Robert.

Here is source:

The targs ceased being the ruling house the second the lords of westeros swore fealty to the house Baratheon. ​Targ succession no longer matters, unless they take the throne by force.

The targs ceased being the ruling house the second the lords of westeros swore fealty to the house Baratheon. ​Targ succession no longer matters, unless they take the throne by force.

But if an Aegon Targaryen fake or not would come out and with support of Dorne then he got more rights then Stannis.

It was said that reason why they some supported Robert Baratheon because he had better claim to throne since his grandmother was Targaryen.

here is another source:

Robert, whose descent (Targaryen grandmother) gave him the best claim to the throne of the three lords, soon became the leader of the revolt, which became known as Robert's Rebellion. At the Battle of Gulltown, Robert slew Lord Randyll Grafton.

Stannis is using the same reason for his claim to throne and also the same reason why Tywin Lannister killed children of Rhaegar was secure Roberts claim

to the throne.

If you think about it logically, Stannis is in a strong position. If he comes out with a victory in the battle of Ice, The Northern lords left half their strength behind when they went with Robb - that leaves at a rough estimate 18,000 untapped men to fight for somebody, and more than likely that somebody will be the one who rid them of Bolton. (Stannis) so seeing as Lannister is a dilapidated house, Only the Reach, Dorne, Aegon and Dany if she ever gets there can match him in numbers, he will have the Sea power to stand against the Iron fleet if Redwyne and Iron sea power bashes each other out of the water. And to be honest, Stannis is a proven battle commander of both naval and ground forces. The Tyrells have Tarly, also a proven commander, and Dorne has old Doran Martell. The Brothers Greyjoy may give him a little pause, but their efforts will keep Tarly the Reach wrapped up, with Dorne and Aegon busy in the Stormlands. That leaves Stannis vs. Dany in the long run ... which furthers my point, the day Stannis gets the throne will be the day Dany lands in Westeros, just like Aegon the Conqueror.

But if an Aegon Targaryen fake or not would come out and with support of Dorne then he got more rights then Stannis.

It was said that reason why they some supported Robert Baratheon because he had better claim to throne since his grandmother was Targaryen.

here is another source:

Stannis is using the same reason for his claim to throne and also the same reason why Tywin Lannister killed children of Rhaegar was secure Roberts claim

to the throne.

According to renly roberts only claim was his warhammer, he says as much to cat in clash. It depends on whom you ask, but the baratheons took the throne by conquest, and roberts blood had only a small part to play in anything. At this point, the targs are completely removed from the succession.

According to renly roberts only claim was his warhammer, he says as much to cat in clash. It depends on whom you ask, but the baratheons took the throne by conquest, and roberts blood had only a small part to play in anything. At this point, the targs are completely removed from the succession.

I'd put it this way, ERo, the rebellion won the throne through right of conquest negating the Targaryen claim. The leaders of said rebellion then decided to put Robert forward as their claimant to the throne because of his Targaryen grandmother, and to provide continuity. They're really two separate issues, causation & correlation not always converging and such. But Robert, and Stannis after him rule in the name of House Baratheon. Period, the end. Otherwise they would have added dragons to their sigil.

I'd put it this way, ERo, the rebellion won the throne through right of conquest negating the Targaryen claim. The leaders of said rebellion then decided to put Robert forward as their claimant to the throne because of his Targaryen grandmother, and to provide continuity. They're really two separate issues, causation & correlation not always converging and such. But Robert, and Stannis after him rule in the name of House Baratheon. Period, the end. Otherwise they would have added dragons to their sigil.

:agree:

Archived