How Stannis will win the Iron Throne

Well this kind throws all those "the Northmen are secretly plotting to betray Stannis and keep the Kingdom of the North" theories out the window. Leave it to Patchface.

Would be super cool, let Dany and her magic monsters destroy the others, leave Mel at the wall whith her demon-god, take your sellswords and kingsmen and- as said by an epic someone in a certain book- 'strike for Kings Landing at once'!

Stannis is governed with his rights, and totally oblivious to the rights of others, Its why he NEEDS Davos Seaworth. He was ready to strike for Lord Veltigars Isle to seek revenge because Florent told him to, just like he was ready to Legitimise Jon Stark to recruit the northmen to his cause, regardless of the infringement upon the rights of dead Ned, or any of his brothers and sisters. I can honestly see him, due to being deprived of his leading forces, Melisendre and Davos striking out for the one thing he knows, Kings Landing - this opens up the road for Mel to grasp that he isnt really Azor Azai and choose whoever is, maybe its Dany if she lands on a pro-Stannis KL, or if she lands at the wall, or it could be Jon Snow when he is born again amidst salt and smoke.

So... Manderly isn't going to join Stannis? lol what other choice has he? He's out in the snow where he will 99% chances take the opportunity to butcher the Freys. And better than riding back to Bolton where suspicions will be sky high after all the tension, he has only left the option of joining Stannis.

Stannis is governed with his rights, and totally oblivious to the rights of others, Its why he NEEDS Davos Seaworth. He was ready to strike for Lord Veltigars Isle to seek revenge because Florent told him to, just like he was ready to Legitimise Jon Stark to recruit the northmen to his cause, regardless of the infringement upon the rights of dead Ned, or any of his brothers and sisters. I can honestly see him, due to being deprived of his leading forces, Melisendre and Davos striking out for the one thing he knows, Kings Landing - this opens up the road for Mel to grasp that he isnt really Azor Azai and choose whoever is, maybe its Dany if she lands on a pro-Stannis KL, or if she lands at the wall, or it could be Jon Snow when he is born again amidst salt and smoke.

That is realy not how I saw it. More like he was testing Davos. Look how he reacts to Axell's plan, and look what he does right after he sees that Davos, whom Stannis knows wanted to kill Mel, stayed completely loyal and true to him. He made him his Hand.

“Victory.” The king’s mouth twisted. “There are victories and victories, ser. But tell your plan to Ser Davos. I would hear his views on what

you propose.”

Stannis listened to Ser Axell’s recitation in silence, grinding his jaw slowly from side to side.

“It is,” he said, calmer. “And I would have it speak the truth.

“The truth, now. Why did you wish to murder Lady Melisandre?”

“I shall bring justice to Westeros. A thing Ser Axell understands as little as he does war. Claw Isle would gain me naught . . . and it was

evil, just as you said. Celtigar must pay the traitor’s price himself, in his own person. And when I come into my kingdom, he shall. Every man

shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise

you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that.” King Stannis turned from the table. “On your knees, Onion Knight.”

This explains my claw Isle example, he was still fully ready to legitimise jon while his sisters were still alive. Stannis is blinded by duty, and he will make a single, narrow,pointed dive to Kings Landing as soon as he is able - or he will choose to forsake his rights, and accept his duty to the realm, and that will judge in the end whether he is on the side of good, or the side of greed. (Greed in this case represents all characters who follow a trait which will prevent them from fighting the others, they are not necessarily evil.)

I could see the Manderly fleet at White Harbor (after Davos returns with Rickon) and Aurane Waters fleet combining to carry Stannis' Host south. Blackwater V 2.0 except this time no Tyrion with Wildfire to stop Stannis. Stannis can then Kill Cersei and be revealed as the *drum beat* Volanquar, as he is Robert's "Little Brother."

This would make me so happy

http://pauljadam.com/forma11y/img/rage-guy-happy-face-tears-of-joy.jpg

Aurane was pro-Stannis, he fought on the first blackwater - Stannis has started on his path South already, hence going to Winterfell - it is further South than the Wall, meaning your 'He is not going South' is unfortunately incorrect, Stannis wants the throne - Stannis will take the throne - Stannis will have his arse roasted off the throne by flying, fire breathing lizards.

do people honestly think stannis has any chance of getting the iron throne

Yes, because he's Stannis @#$%ing Baratheon, that's why!

In all seriousness, I have a sneaking suspicion that he's going to end up the Night's King, which would be a shame, because I think he'd be the best king of the bunch. My theory is that Melisandre is going to dump him when she realizes he isn't Azor Ahai, and when he loses his fire woman who promised to help him gain the throne he'll turn to a woman of ice who'll make the same promise and end up leading her armies.

do people honestly think stannis has any chance of getting the iron throne or is this just whimsical hypothesising like "how would lancel take over the dothraki?"

If he wins Winterfell, he is possibly in the best position. Have you heard of game theory? Basically it theorises that the weakest member in a fight with multiple foes is the most likely to survive, as they are the least likely to be attacked. He is also thousands of miles from all of his enemies armies, and none will attack him in the North in Winter. All his enemies will attack each other as they are at each other doorsteps, and are the greater threats.

Interesting theory. Riding the seahorse for Waters, the mermaids for Manderly. The seashells could be House Westerling, Their sigil has 6 seashells on a sand colored field. Perhaps Manderly will destroy the Westerlings, drawing away as much of whatever strength remains house Lannister, while Stannis does stealthy (under the waves) attack on KL using Waters' fleet?

It could, however, also be a reference to the Drowned God. As Asha states in DoD: here are no trumpets in the Drowned God’s watery halls. Below the waves the merlings hail their lord by blowing into seashells.

"The mermaids will blow seashells to announce our coming" could mean that Theon dies just before or during the trip, causing the mermaids to "hail their lord".

Aurane was pro-Stannis, he fought on the first blackwater - Stannis has started on his path South already, hence going to Winterfell - it is further South than the Wall, meaning your 'He is not going South' is unfortunately incorrect, Stannis wants the throne - Stannis will take the throne - Stannis will have his arse roasted off the throne by flying, fire breathing lizards.

Stannis was in the South. He went north. As north as the realm reaches. To save the realm. He probably knows there is still something coming from north of the wall. Where is the motivation to go back south if he can fulfill his destiny (being AA reborn) in the North?

I somehow have to agree that Stannis will sit on the Iron Throne, simply because of the Iron Bank support and how they will have their payment bank one way or another. Though i quiet fear that by the time he gets the Throne it will be so much in debt that he may have to sell it off. Think of it this way, the honorable stannis repaying the entire debt by giving up the crown, that seems dutiful. However in the process all of Westeros will be in a civil struggle for power all small houses and factions. Leading Stannis to realize that duty and honor sometimes need to be compromised ( the only time he compromised was killing Renly and he gained swift reward from it)

Archived