Jaime and Cersei.. Will they really die together?

JaegrM

It's been mentioned several times by both characters and seems like it could be a foregone conclusion, I'm just curious whether most people seem to think this'll be the actual case.

I'm hoping not.

To me it seems kind of... tacky.

It also seems that since it's been mentioned and hinted at so many times that it'd seem too plain/obvious/whatever for it to actually occur this way.

I used to think this would happen, but I'm becoming less inclined to believe this. Another poster here pointed out that Jaime is the last person associated with the fall of the Targaryens that Daenerys can still have a confrontation with, considering that Ned, Robert, Jon Arryn and Tywin are all dead. I'm 90% confident that Jaime will kill Cersei, but his killer is another story.

My prediction is that Tyrion will ultimately bring about Jaime's death. IF Daenerys conquers Westeros, with Tyrion by her side, and captures Jaime, I think Tyrion might urge her to execute Jaime.He still hasn't forgiven his family, and I think that this will factor into his decision to make Dany execute Jaime. After Jaime dies, it would be great for Tyrion to have a guilt-ridden moment of self-realization, to realise that he killed the only person in his family to have ever treated him well. Jaime's death paves the way for him to inherit CR, but once he does get Casterly Rock, he'll find out that there's no joy in it, and he ends up being a bitter, broken and lonely man at the end of the series. No man is as accursed as the kinslayer, and Tyrion will definitely have a sad ending. I'm guessing that this will be it.

A murder-suicide as described by Zarniwoop (love the nick by the way! come here! :smileysex:) seems the most likely option to me too.

But whether it's a murder-suicide or a murder-murder or a murder-being deadly wounded from something else, I'm quite sure that there's a reason for why they keep repeating that neither can die while the other survives:

We will leave this world together, as we once came into it... I cannot die while Cersei lives. We will die together as we were born together... If he were dead, I would know it. We came into this world together, Uncle. He would not go without me...

We will leave this world together, as we once came into it... I cannot die while Cersei lives. We will die together as we were born together... If he were dead, I would know it. We came into this world together, Uncle. He would not go without me...

The thing with this though is I don't think Jaime is the same man Cersei believes him to be and that he will kill Cersei but not go with her because he doesn't love her as he once did, and Cersei will know he doesn't love her like he did because he'll kill her.

Mabe he kills her and then himself? he slowly realize that she dowsnt love him as much as he does her and he lost is hand and if he loses her then what does he have to live for? or.. he will kill her and then get over it.

He has Brienne.

He's already abandoned Cersei for Brienne.

I consider it really unlikely. It's more pronounced in the earlier chapters, while Jaime still loves Cersei and regresses as he shifts towards Brienne (and somewhat towards honor).

By the way, we are hit over the head with "prophecy is misleading" three times per chapter or the like (only slightly exxagerated), I wouldn't put too much stock in Maggy's prophecy.

I cannot die while Cersei lives, he told himself. We will die together as we were born together.

We will leave this world together, as we once came into it.

"If he were dead, I would know it. We came into this world together, Uncle. He would not go without me."

"He was your twin, your shadow, your other half, another voice whispered. Once, perhaps, she thought. No longer. He has become a stranger to me.
I thought that I was the Warrior and Cersei was the Maid, but all the time she was the Stranger, hiding her true face from my gaze.
I [Cersei] should have had the sword not him.
"Prince Aemon the Dragonknight cried the day Princess Naerys wed his brother Aegon," Sansa Stark said, "and the twins Ser Arryk and Ser Erryk with tears on their cheeks after each had given the other a mortal wound."

We know Prince Aemon the Dragonknight and Princess Naerys is a parallel for Jaime and Cersei; I think the latter part of Sansa's sentence foreshadows them killing each other. I think while Jaime is strangling Cersei to death she will take his sword from his scabbard and mortally wound him; killing each other tearfully.

We know Prince Aemon the Dragonknight and Princess Naerys is a parallel for Jaime and Cersei; I think the latter part of Sansa's sentence foreshadows them killing each other. I think while Jaime is strangling Cersei to death she will take his sword from his scabbard and mortally wound him; killing each other tearfully.

This is an interesting idea. Perhaps the final conflict will involve Cersei finding out that Jaime and Brienne knocked SERIOUS boots (this will happen!), and she'll just CRACK and attack Jaime with a knife, or something. A fight will follow, and they both die from wounds inflicted by each other.

On second thought, maybe Brienne just collects Cersei's head. A guy can dream...

This is an interesting idea. Perhaps the final conflict will involve Cersei finding out that Jaime and Brienne knocked SERIOUS boots (this will happen!), and she'll just CRACK and attack Jaime with a knife, or something. A fight will follow, and they both die from wounds inflicted by each other.

On second thought, maybe Brienne just collects Cersei's head. A guy can dream...

Ya, that would be sweet

This is a thought and I wouldn't hate it if this happens. But I really see Jaime dying saving someone, maybe Sansa or Tyrion or Brienne, as the end of his redemption arc. I'd like to see him either die saving Brienne or he and Brienne dying together. After he kills that bitch, Cersei of course.

I think it's more likely she would try to have Brienne killed than attack Jaime.

This is a thought and I wouldn't hate it if this happens. But I really see Jaime dying saving someone, maybe Sansa or Tyrion or Brienne, as the end of his redemption arc. I'd like to see him either die saving Brienne or he and Brienne dying together. After he kills that bitch, Cersei of course.

Cersei trying to kill Brienne may be one of the motivations for Jaime to kill Cersei.

Archived