[Book Spoilers] Theon and "Boy"

Arguing with Theon haters is a waste of time. If they don't understand the culture differences between modern countries today and Westeros, and if they can't look at it from Theon's perspective, then they'll never change. It's like arguing with a wall.

Theon's one of the best characters in the book, and to write him off as "he deserves torture" (as if anyone deserves torture) is so asinine that it's not worth responding to.

Arguing with Theon haters is a waste of time. If they don't understand the culture differences between modern countries today and Westeros, and if they can't look at it from Theon's perspective, then they'll never change. It's like arguing with a wall.

Theon's one of the best characters in the book, and to write him off as "he deserves torture" (as if anyone deserves torture) is so asinine that it's not worth responding to.

Totally agree

I admit that I was a complete Theon hater in the books (up until the torture, no one deserves that), but I absolutely LOVE what Alfie Allen is doing with this character. That single tear just broke my heart, especially knowing what's coming. I can't wait to watch this whole storyline play out.

Poor Theon indeed, but I loved seeing Ramsay's face when he showed his true colors. He was like a boy getting his Christmas gift :D

Absolutely! I had my doubts about someone as attractive as Iwan playing Ramsay, but the chills I got from that look alone *shivers* I think he's going to be an excellent Ramsay and I can totally see him going full-on psychopath.

Honestly, the Theon sympathy is pretty funny too. I'm personally neutral, but the kid really fucked up badly. I think he should have been beheaded quickly, but what he got was too much.

Exactly. There's a stark difference between punishment and justice.

I admit that I was a complete Theon hater in the books (up until the torture, no one deserves that), but I absolutely LOVE what Alfie Allen is doing with this character. That single tear just broke my heart, especially knowing what's coming. I can't wait to watch this whole storyline play out.

Absolutely! I had my doubts about someone as attractive as Iwan playing Ramsay, but the chills I got from that look alone *shivers* I think he's going to be an excellent Ramsay and I can totally see him going full-on psychopath.

He's not that attractive when he is creepy :cool4:

<=========

This guy KILLED CHILDREN. Burned down his home, and needlessly killed people who he onced help serve. Fantastic human being? Sorry I don't find compasson for a guy, who be all defenition, is a monster. He deserves to be tortured again... and again... and again.

Awwww, but he is regreting all the bad stuff he did, because it didn't work out. Boo Hoo.

Dagmer Cleftjaw killed them.

I have trouble saying anyone deserves to be tortured in the manner Theon is tortured in the books.

What I don't understand is why the writers would want the Boltons to know that Bran and Rickon aren't dead.

To be fair didn't they know that already in the books? Seeing how Ramsey was the one who convinced Theon to kill the Miller's Children instead.

To be fair didn't they know that already in the books? Seeing how Ramsey was the one who convinced Theon to kill the Miller's Children instead.

I guess that's true. I've been so ruined by the TV show I forgot this :lol:

The moment when Ramsay was about to light the fire and he said 'Wait' almost like 'wait this is the good part' like a sick puppy... It's sickening to watch how he's being brought to life and i'm impressed by Iwan's interpretation. I cannot express how much I feel for Theon it's heartbreaking. And I doubt many people will actually be sympathetic towards Ramsay as the show progresses he's waaaay to monstrous

LOL. too little, too late. He's only crying because his plan didn't work out. Easy to regret when your past decissions didn't work out as you planned. He's going to get, what he deserves.

Sorry. No human being, real or fictional, should have to endure the kind of torture that Theon undergoes. It isn't just physical, it's mental too. I'm not a huge Theon fan but come on. The guy was an outcast in his "family" and then all he wanted was to impress his real father. I may not like what he did but I understand it, and saying he deserves torture is fucked up.

For some reason people seem to equate "it's kind of fucked up to wish that fate on anyone, even Ramsay himself" with "FUCK YEAH KILLING KIDS ROCKS you're totally absolved of your crimes now duder"

that's not what people think at all dude, it's just a matter of having an ounce of perspective + sympathy for someone who came from a very conflicted mindset in the first place suffering an extremely terrible fate

Archived