[NO SPOILERS] "Positive nitpicking" - what you loved about this episode.

This thread is for discussing what you loved about the episode, from the largest plot point to the smallest facial expression or background detail.

Book/TV spoilers are fine inside spoiler tags ONLY. If you do not know how to make one, it's simple. Here is an example:

[.spoiler]Darth Vader is Luke's father[/.spoiler] without the periods becomes

Darth Vader is Luke's father

I want everyone to be able to enjoy this thread, so please make sure anything that could remotely be considered a spoiler or hint is inside tags. If you aren't sure, tag it anyway.

I look forward to seeing what little details everyone picks up on!

Everything involving Varys. Conleth Hill is incredible, one of my favorite actors on the show. His scene with the sorceror was chilling in a good way, and he had great chemistry with the QoT.

Likewise, Aflie Allen as Theon knocked it out of the park. I've never wanted to just give a fictional character a hug as much as poor Theon and his performance is a big part of that in addition to the circumstances.

Margaery is an immensely enjoyable character, and I disagree with everyone who says she's different from her book counterpart. She's just more prominent in the show, and for good reason, because Natalie Dormer I <3 you.

Poor Jaime. Great chemistry with Brienne, and the horribleness of Locke and co. was very well done.

edit: There's actually a lot more that I loved, really, but I'll write up a better post once I've watched the episode again. I always watch it with a large group, which distracts from the finer details.

I only got to see Dracarys so far, because I missed most of the episode. But as of right now I can say that Emilia speaking Valyrian is one of my new favorite things. And there was a little look exchanged between Barristan and Jorah when the Unsullied started pounding their staffs against the ground that totally looked like, "Aw yeah she is so cool." and I loved that.

Random compliments:

The scene between Margaery and Joffrey, as Cersei looks on, seemed at first glance to be spectacularly well-edited. I want to rewatch that scene just for a shot-by-shot. The set for Baelor's Sept is amazeballs. The Tywin/Cersei scene was quietly pitch-perfect. Emilia Clarke makes it sound like Valyrian was created specifically for her. James Cosmo gave an amazing death scene. Alfie Allen's reaction shot to realizing he was back in the torture room was sick. This was maybe the best-scripted episode yet. I can't think of a single misstep of dialogue and the pacing was really superb.

Theon's tear when he's talking about Ned and the Starks, and the clever manipulation that led up to his confession. Theon you poor, dumb, poor bastard.

Jeor Mormont went down like a godddamn boss. The way he slammed Rast against the wall even after he got shanked, damn. They did him justice, imo.

The BoB + the Hound continues to own, and Beric is very promising. Loved the Hound's reaction to hearing he was fighting Beric.

hell yeah Dany

I really enjoyed this episode. Specific things that I liked:

Theon: Alfie Allen is breaking my heart. I agree with Pure As Snow, I just wanna give him a big hug.

Ramsay: That look when they were putting Theon back on the rack... :leaving:

LC Mormont: I actually may have teared up a bit when Rast stabbed him in the back. But hell yeah, choke him out, Mormont, go down fighting!

BwB and the Hound: Can't wait to see Beric vs Sandor. And Arya very well might be the bravest person in that whole room (cave? lol).

Jamie and Brienne: I love these two so much. Poor depressed handless Jaime and Brienne recognizing that he lied to save her.

Dany: Dracarys!

Ramsay's got the same crazy eyes that I imagined...that will definitely be a must-watch story line. Bad Luck Theon will become a meme soon enough, I bet.

Would've loved to see the shot of a crow pecking out Mormont's face, but that was still an awesome mess at Craster's. Maybe we'll still see Captain Crow's face being eaten up

Jaime is finally coming around, and I love to hear from my friends how he's becoming one of their favorites, like I said he would. Great scenes with Brienne.

This was really the second best episode of the series, so let's hope they keep the ball rolling.

I actually really liked the conversation between Ros and Varys too, talking business and joking about Pod. Thanks to the show Varys is probably way up there in my list of favorite characters, and it's nice to see him being clever, charismatic, and humane with his "employees" in contrast with Littlefinger's darker approach.

Joffrey being a manic, giggly little sociopathic dork during his and Marge's "history lesson."

"He thought drinking wildfire would turn him to a dragon. Hahaha!

.... he was wrong."

Hell, all of their interactions are brilliant. His eagerness to please is palpable but he's still such a creepy little ass, it's sort of treading new ground but at the same time it feels incredibly faithful to the character and source.

Things I looove in this episode:

-Jaime on the

mud,

and his scene with Brienne.

-Was it the sept where QOT, Cersei, Joff and Marg were? Well, I like it especially the part where

the two lovebirds were waving at the crowd and Cersei felt like, "Wait! Can't believe I'm being left out!"

-The scenes in the Hollow Hill. Almost taken entirely from the book.

-Mutiny at the Craster's Keep. :crying:

-Theon. Just not his lucky day.

-Astapor. What can I say? Probably one of the best scene you'll see on tv history.

-Varys tale of being cut with Tyrion, especially the jack-in-a-box ending.

-Tywin Lannister- Just himself is enough. I could even watch something as lame as Tywin diaries, and it would still be awesome. I especially liked the line where he told Cersei it wasn't that she was a woman but that she wasn't as smart as she thought she was. Burn. lol, his inner monologue was probably: I once had a cupbearer smarter than you. But by far my favorite Tywin moment was his face when Cersei told him that she would like to see him try to reign in Joffrey. I swear it was a "challenge accepted" look. Of course, I'll be able to reign Joffrey in, I'm Tywin Lannister; I was the Hand of the King under Mad King Aerys.

-Arya's face when she told about the Hound killing Micah, and Beric's apprising look and agreeing she might be the bravest there.

-Dany speaking Valyrian and the dragon doing a flybye.

-Sansa's face when Marg tells her she wants to be the sister. It was priceless and perfect. Marg deserves around of claps, because I am sure she gained information about Arya and Sansa's relationship before telling Sansa her story that made Marg come off sounding a bit like the sister Sansa misses (ie Pig-face Marg and Arya Horseface) to make Sansa want to join Marg's family.

Archived